Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

How do i get my pokemon Hack-Checked?
Although Pokebank is a good check, Battle Spot is an even better checker,
there are some hacks that pass Pokébank but don't pass Battle Spot, so try putting the pokémon you
want to check in your party or battle box and try it, if it goes fine them you already have the answer.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-211949360

It is ununderstandable to me why did this Destiny Bond not worked. To my (poor) knowledge, since that Wobbuffet had a Destiny Bond put on itself and Encored my Giratina to knock it down with Shadow Ball, then my Giratina should get down as well? Yet it didn't. Could sb kindly help me understand better the mechanics under Destiny Bond? Thanks!
He encored you the turn after he used Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond only works if it is the last move used by your Pokemon before it faints and the opponent attacks you.

Last edited:
Completely new to Smogon, Thirsty for some competitive battling ! For some reason the site doesn't allow me to post on battling forums.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Completely new to Smogon, Thirsty for some competitive battling ! For some reason the site doesn't allow me to post on battling forums.
There might be a minimum of posts needed, what's the message saying? Either way, you can ladder on PS and go up the ranks to face tougher people or join tournaments in the tourneys section if you really want to battle with better than the average people.

I've traded with yancy (black 2) 50 times and have beaten the elite 4. However, she still wont trade with me. Do I have to wait a day IRL? Or does chaging the DS clock do it?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i don't know anywhere else
I want to build an in-game sand team for wifi battle purpose and want to follow the OU rule of smogon so i wonder if sand veil + sand stream banned or not? In the past they were banned but i heard some people say it unban now. Anyway to make sure i post the question here hope for a proper answer. Thanks
Edit: The same question for Drizzle + Swift Swim too

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I want to build an in-game sand team for wifi battle purpose and want to follow the OU rule of smogon so i wonder if sand veil + sand stream banned or not? In the past they were banned but i heard some people say it unban now. Anyway to make sure i post the question here hope for a proper answer. Thanks
Neither of those combinations is banned in XY/ORAS. Weather has a timer now, so it isn't as dominating as it was in early BW.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
No if I recall correctly. This (true, dated) guide lists the bans and clauses, and only Drizzle/Swift Swim was banned. It does not say Sand Stream/Sand Veil was.

Last edited:
No if I recall correctly. This (true, dated) guide lists the bans and clauses, and only Drizzle/Swift Swim is banned. It does not say Sand Stream/Sand Veil is.
That's the banlist for BW i.e. Gen 5, not XY/ORAS. As far as I know neither are banned in XY/ORAS.

How do you create a "click to expand" button? I'm interested in using it (but don't know how) because the text takes up less space and it has a title, so people know what they're getting into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)