Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do you post a picture on the forum , like for rekts , on mobile
If you have the URL of the image, you can either paste it between image tags like so:

[IMG]http://www.smogon.com/media/zracknel-beta.svg.v.78IF94aNMRI1iVgcghQcHw[/IMG]

Or even easier, you can click the little picture button in the toolbar of the text box (it's in between the smiley face and roll of film) which brings up a box where you can enter the URL of the image, paste it there and hit insert

If you have the image saved to your phone's camera roll you can press 'Upload a File' which is next to the 'Post Reply' button. Once the image is uploaded, you can insert the image into your post by pressing the 'Full Image' button next to the thumbnail

I'm really sorry, I'm new and I'm not sure where this goes, as It affects a lot of tiers.

What is the significance of all the borderline tiers? Like Why not just either keep them down or put them up, I never got why they existed.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm really sorry, I'm new and I'm not sure where this goes, as It affects a lot of tiers.

What is the significance of all the borderline tiers? Like Why not just either keep them down or put them up, I never got why they existed.
Borderline is for Pokemon that are banned from a tier, but they can move up to the next tier if they pass the usage cutoff (3.41% average over the course of 3 months).

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
How do I report a person for verbal abuse?
If on Showdown, talk to an auth (someone with a %, @, &, #, ~). Normally, general bad language isn't taken too seriously, but if the player is getting too aggressive or is harassing you, it will be dealt with accordingly.
If here at Smogon, talk to a staff member. Again, general bad language doesn't really matter, but aggression and/or threatening behavior will be dealt with appropriately.

I know that double items aren't allowed on wifi, but if the person you're battling is in the same room as you is double items possible?

I'm going to be battling some friends but my showdown team has two pokemon carrying life orbs.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know that double items aren't allowed on wifi, but if the person you're battling is in the same room as you is double items possible?

I'm going to be battling some friends but my showdown team has two pokemon carrying life orbs.
in wifi battles, there exists an item clause that doesnt allow you to have two of the same item. this item clause only applies to the battle spot formats and VGC. if you were to play just normal OU or something, you could have as many life orbs as you want because there is no item clause.

in wifi battles, there exists an item clause that doesnt allow you to have two of the same item. this item clause only applies to the battle spot formats and VGC. if you were to play just normal OU or something, you could have as many life orbs as you want because there is no item clause.
Glad to know my game will allow it. Thanks!

Anybody know where people get that "favorite type chart" for their signature? Also, how would I get a hold of a staff member should I need one? Also, is there any way for me to get my DP/Pt/HGSS/BW/BW2 (and I guess Battle Revolution?) FC's now that Nintendo shut down the Wifi?

Last edited:

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anybody know where people get that "favorite type chart" for their signature? Also, how would I get a hold of a staff member should I need one?
i assume that you mean something like the one that i have in my signature. for mine, i actually edited it all in to one image using an editing software, but here's a way to do it thats probably easier: take the type images from this page and then just find the pokemon's icon and put it above the respective type. you can find icon sprites from serebii's pokedex, pldhnet's spritedex, or smogon's xy dex.

i assume that you mean something like the one that i have in my signature. for mine, i actually edited it all in to one image using an editing software, but here's a way to do it thats probably easier: take the type images from this page and then just find the pokemon's icon and put it above the respective type. you can find icon sprites from serebii's pokedex, pldhnet's spritedex, or smogon's xy dex.
Thank you! :)

If I post a Thread in the Rate My Team section, is there a way of editing it afterwards? E.g. if someone suggests a change so you can directly put it into your thread with a note that it was edited? Can't find that option, is it even there? :D

If I post a Thread in the Rate My Team section, is there a way of editing it afterwards? E.g. if someone suggests a change so you can directly put it into your thread with a note that it was edited? Can't find that option, is it even there? :D
There should be an Edit option under your post. Not sure if it's disabled because you don't have enough posts?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
How do you activate your vm wall?
Go to the top right corner of the page and click your username, the one right next to "Inbox" and "Alerts". Then click Privacy, scroll down to where it says "Post messages on your profile page" and check the box. You can also select whether you'd only like people you follow to post or any member of the site, your choice. :)

Is there a Smogon app? I've looked around on the Google Play Store and havn't found one, (I'm convinced there isn't one) and I was moreso wondering if there were plans to implement one. I don't think it would be illegal because of other apps that use pokémon and stuff like that, but I'm not sure.

My real question without the fluff is: Are there plans to implement a Smogon app, or is there something binding that disallows it?

xzern

for sure
Is there a Smogon app? I've looked around on the Google Play Store and havn't found one, (I'm convinced there isn't one) and I was moreso wondering if there were plans to implement one. I don't think it would be illegal because of other apps that use pokémon and stuff like that, but I'm not sure.

My real question without the fluff is: Are there plans to implement a Smogon app, or is there something binding that disallows it?
there's no smogon app, but you could always just access smogon on your phone via any basic web browser (safari, chrome, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)