Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How do you post a RMT? I've already read what's supposed to be read, but I don't see an option to actually post a team. This is via mobile by the way.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
How do you post a RMT? I've already read what's supposed to be read, but I don't see an option to actually post a team. This is via mobile by the way.
There's a button to "Post New Thread" at the top and bottom parts of the page of the forum you'd like to post in. I'm not entirely sure this button is present on mobile, though.

What does OST stand for? Out from what I have read it seems like some kind of tournament, but I can't figure out what the letters could possibly stand for.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
InfernapeTropius11 that's on forums and it searches for threads not user, for users you've to click on "Members" on the left top side.

How can I search for a person in Pokemon Showdown?
you can use /whois or /user to search by name

/whois name
/user name

/whois tells you the rooms and battles they are in(if they are in any)
/user is same as when you click on a user's name, giving you the option to challenge and chat with the user

Hi, I want change the date of my birthday in registration, because is wrong. The day is august 29 1990, but there is august 19 1990. I want help please, and sorry for my not perfect english.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Actually the search bar also displays names of members matching to the words you search, it's displayed on the right hand side of the screen. For example if you type in imas234 you'll see my name in the right hand side of the page under "Matched Users".
Yeah, that's what I was saying, but I messed up--he asked about on Pokemon Showdown not Smogon :p

Whats the best way to raise friendship? I'm trying to get a (competitive) Clefable, but the Cleffa counting as a baby pokemon thing is making my life harder. Like, what level of friendship does it evolve exactly? Is raising every single Cleffa I get worth it?

Should I just cheese it and beg for a 5 IV Cleffa in the requests thread?

Whats the best way to raise friendship? I'm trying to get a (competitive) Clefable, but the Cleffa counting as a baby pokemon thing is making my life harder. Like, what level of friendship does it evolve exactly? Is raising every single Cleffa I get worth it?

Should I just cheese it and beg for a 5 IV Cleffa in the requests thread?
Attach a Soothe Bell and take it for a bike ride. ~10 minutes with Level 1 Befriending O-Power usually works for me if the Cleffa came from your own game. Doing a few battles in the Mauville food court (or rival or restaurants in XY) with it + O-Power + Soothe Bell works too. Even if you're starting with a 0IV parent, the most number of Cleffas you'd have to max happiness for is 5 if you're really unlucky, you know. If that's too much work for you, then you can ask in the SQSR thread where you can probably find somebody for whom it wasn't too much work.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like to learn about older gens from tutors but i do not have a single clie about being a tutee.
Battling 101 is Smogon's tutoring program where new players can learn about specific metagames from some of the site's best battlers. It's currently not running as the program is on "Spring Break", but you can look at the Battling 101 Schedule to see when the program will start back up. This will also be where the specific date and time sign-ups for the next round will be announced as the day draws closer. It's usually announced 24 hours before sign-ups are opened for a round.

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to get an account deleted? I want my name changed from StarmeiTheGod -> Starmei (ik this isn't the name change thread) and the account called Starmei is taken but has 0 posts, hasn't been seen since it was made and is v inactive. So is there anyway of appealing for its deletion or am I wasting my time?

Is there any way to get an account deleted? I want my name changed from StarmeiTheGod -> Starmei (ik this isn't the name change thread) and the account called Starmei is taken but has 0 posts, hasn't been seen since it was made and is v inactive. So is there anyway of appealing for its deletion or am I wasting my time?
Quite sure you are just wasting your time, the mods have never accepted something like that.

Does a Powersave count as "illegal"?
Well, nobody will say that it is not hacking. However, using it for cloning is looked on as acceptable here on Smogon. Altering Pokemon in any way or creating Pokemon with 3rd party devices is strictly illegal. Using Powersaves for cloning is fine, but state that you are using Powersaves, as there are some people that are against it and don't want their Pokemon cloned by Powersaves.

Well, nobody will say that it is not hacking. However, using it for cloning is looked on as acceptable here on Smogon. Altering Pokemon in any way or creating Pokemon with 3rd party devices is strictly illegal. Using Powersaves for cloning is fine, but state that you are using Powersaves, as there are some people that are against it and don't want their Pokemon cloned by Powersaves.
In a short, basically it's illegal to talk about creating or editing Pokemon with Powersaves, etc.?

In a short, basically it's illegal to talk about creating or editing Pokemon with Powersaves, etc.?
Yes, talking about methods for hacking on Smogon is illegal. Use Google for that if you are unsure about how to use Powersaves etc.

Yes, talking about methods for hacking on Smogon is illegal. Use Google for that if you are unsure about how to use Powersaves etc.
I know how ;)

I'm going to follow up another question, where can I find detailed descriptions about all of the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna repost this... I guess...

How exactly do I contact a staff member (on Smogon) should I need one? Also, is there any way to get my DP/Pt/HGSS/BW/B2W2 (and, I guess, Battle Revolution) friend codes now that Nintendo's GameSpy Wi-Fi servers are down?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

How exactly do I contact a staff member (on Smogon) should I need one? Also, is there any way to get my DP/Pt/HGSS/BW/B2W2 (and, I guess, Battle Revolution) friend codes now that Nintendo's GameSpy Wi-Fi servers are down?
Look for a person with a banner under their name that says Moderator and click on their name. A small Window should pop up. Click on "Start A Conversation" to create a private message wih that person, where you can tell them what you need to. Hope that helped, sorry I can't help you wih your other question :/

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I'm gonna update it but follow the above posters advice and check this thread for who to contact regarding what: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-rules-staff-badgeholder-updates-etc.3526346/
I know how ;)

I'm going to follow up another question, where can I find detailed descriptions about all of the forums.
There's not really detailed descriptions anywhere other than in maybe the stickies (description at the top of the forum) but I guess I could add a small description in the thread I linked just there? What do you need explaining?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)