Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a pokemon Pearl nuzlocke I caught a pokemon in route 208/9 (whatever the one is called immediately after Hearthrome). Then I caught a pokemon in the lost tower but for some reason it wasnt really named 'the lost tower.' I am I breaking the rules of a nuzlocke?

Is it true that you can migrate Pokemon from Red, Blue and Yellow into Pokemon Sun and Moon? If yes, are glitch Pokemon such as mew an expectation?

In a pokemon Pearl nuzlocke I caught a pokemon in route 208/9 (whatever the one is called immediately after Hearthrome). Then I caught a pokemon in the lost tower but for some reason it wasnt really named 'the lost tower.' I am I breaking the rules of a nuzlocke?
The rules are self imposed after all, so I wouldn't say no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it true that you can migrate Pokemon from Red, Blue and Yellow into Pokemon Sun and Moon? If yes, are glitch Pokemon such as mew an expectation?
You can transfer Pokémon from 3DS Virtual Console Red, Blue and Yellow to Pokémon Bank and from there to Sun/Moon, yes. As for the latter and just in general; the update for allowing such a transfer to Bank has not happened yet, so we don't know if we'll be able to transfer Mew yet. For glitch Pokémon like MissingNo. and 'M however, I seriously doubt those will be allowed.

You can transfer Pokémon from 3DS Virtual Console Red, Blue and Yellow to Pokémon Bank and from there to Sun/Moon, yes. As for the latter and just in general; the update for allowing such a transfer to Bank has not happened yet, so we don't know if we'll be able to transfer Mew yet. For glitch Pokémon like MissingNo. and 'M however, I seriously doubt those will be allowed.
Thanks! If we can transfer them to the Pokemon Bank, would you also be able to tranfer them to XY/ORAS?

Thanks! If we can transfer them to the Pokemon Bank, would you also be able to tranfer them to XY/ORAS?
I doubt we will be able to transfer backwards, even if everything is compatible. RBY Glitchmons will break the Gen 6 games, and I'm not sure if Game Freak are willing to reprogram stuff to like ban certain things going backwards. As for transferring Glitchmons, that brings me to my own question: Will Missingno (and other Glitchmons) convert to their Johto # Pokemon when transferred to Sun & Moon? What about their moves?

Also, what will happen to Fissure Machamp (with No Guard), as Machamp can learn that move in Gen 1?

EDIT: I have a solution for Machamp - transferred Pokemon = Hidden Ability.

Out of all 3 Hoenn starters, which do you think is the best to use in a run of Omega Ruby?
I'd say Mudkip. There's very few matchups it doesn't outright win, it has incredible bulk in stats and type, and a fantastic movepool which includes level 28 rock slide and bulldoze from a TM just before the third gym. I'd put Torchic at second and Treecko at third.

I'd say Mudkip. There's very few matchups it doesn't outright win, it has incredible bulk in stats and type, and a fantastic movepool which includes level 28 rock slide and bulldoze from a TM just before the third gym. I'd put Torchic at second and Treecko at third.
Is this the same for the originals?

Is this the same for the originals?
For Ruby, yeah. No bulldoze or rock slide, but mud shot and rock tomb will service you well with Mudkip. Torchic is the same as always, but Treecko gets a bit harder to use.

They are all about tied in Sapphire (since despite being Team Aqua, they don't use that many water types really). Emerald is the only one where Treecko is more preferred.

But honestly, the Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos starters are all about even. There isn't really a wrong pick in the bunch.

Where can I find the 'in game tier' threads and could you give me a link please?

Also, if I post in any thread in orange islands, when will it be considered bumping and be against the rules?

Where can I find the 'in game tier' threads and could you give me a link please?

Also, if I post in any thread in orange islands, when will it be considered bumping and be against the rules?
The only active ones are the X/Y and ORAS in-game tiers, and they are all on the Orange Islands board. The only one that might count as "thread necromancy" would be the B2W2 in-game tier, so ask a mod before posting there. There's also a revival of the RBY tier list, but I don't know much about it.

Do note that these threads are for constructing a tier list and generally not for getting people to rate your in-game team.

The older generations have finished lists, and you can consult those here: (this one is for the original Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald)
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/adv_rse_ingametiers

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i have one question and it is why cant i use geomancy with contrary in almost any ability
...because a 2-turn attack that gives you -2 SpA, SpD and Spe is just what every Pokemon wants!
Joking aside, the reason that you can't is because Contrary is on the AAA Banlist (see here), but why would you want to use Contrary Geomancy anyway?

Last edited:
The only active ones are the X/Y and ORAS in-game tiers, and they are all on the Orange Islands board. The only one that might count as "thread necromancy" would be the B2W2 in-game tier, so ask a mod before posting there. There's also a revival of the RBY tier list, but I don't know much about it.

Do note that these threads are for constructing a tier list and generally not for getting people to rate your in-game team.

The older generations have finished lists, and you can consult those here: (this one is for the original Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald)
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/adv_rse_ingametiers
Thanks, this is helpful but where can I find other ones like for Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum?

In pokemon Diamond and Pearl what was the correct way to get to Pastoria City via Hearthrome's southern exit or by Veilstone's exit? The people near Hearthrone have lower levelled pokemon but you can only access that route from hearthstone AFTER you've visited Veilstone...

In pokemon Diamond and Pearl what was the correct way to get to Pastoria City via Hearthrome's southern exit or by Veilstone's exit? The people near Hearthrone have lower levelled pokemon but you can only access that route from hearthstone AFTER you've visited Veilstone...
The 'correct' way I guess is Veilstone but you can choose whichever way you want, really. Nothing stopping you.

On pokemon give a ways I hear the term 'sniped'. What exactly does this mean?
It basically means someone else took the Pokemon you offered and you didn't received the Pokemon that you wanted.

So say someone was giving away a shiny Aerodactyl and told you to deposit a lvl 20 Staryu. If you were "sniped", then someone else (a random person) has traded you an Aerodactyl and you didn't get the intended Pokemon, being the shiny Aerodactyl in this scenario.

It basically means someone else took the Pokemon you offered and you didn't received the Pokemon that you wanted.

So say someone was giving away a shiny Aerodactyl and told you to deposit a lvl 20 Staryu. If you were "sniped", then someone else (a random person) has traded you an Aerodactyl and you didn't get the intended Pokemon, being the shiny Aerodactyl in this scenario.
Oh okay, thanks

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I was curious about something. I had a lot of fun designing a team for the Kanto Classic and I was wondering if there should be a follow-up soon.

So, I was wondering... Hypothetically, would a "Johto Classic" be only Johto Pokemon or Gens 1 and 2? I imagine held items would be allowed.

If it was only Johto mons, what team would you have?
If it was Gen 1 and 2, what team would you have?

I'm guessing there'll be a lot of Tyranitar either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)