Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that having a Poke Ball miss in Gen I is the same as having it shake zero times in later games.

But I've never, ever heard of using multiple Safari Balls or using an item and attacking in the same turn, and I'm pretty knowledgeable about Gen I glitches. The closest I know is that Brock will always, always use a Full Heal immediately after you inflict any status on his Pokemon. This occurs even if the timing would be illegal, such as in the middle of Bide, or if you move first (he'll move second that turn and still get to use the item).

EDIT: Here:
Throwing a Poke Ball in Gen I:
Zero shakes: "You missed the POKeMON!"
One shake: "Darn! The POKeMON broke free!"
Two shakes: "Aww! It appeared to be caught!"
Three shakes: "Shoot! It was so close too!"

Throwing a Poke Ball in Gen II-IV:
Zero shakes: "Oh no! The POKeMON broke free!"
One shake: "Aww! It appeared to be caught!"
Two shakes: "Aargh! Almost had it!"
Three shakes: "Shoot! It was so close, too!"

Throwing a Poke Ball in Gen V:
Zero shakes/One shake with critical capture: "Oh no! The Pokemon broke free!"
One shake: "Aww! It appeared to be caught!"
Three shakes: "Aargh! Almost had it!"
(*Yep, a Poke Ball will never, ever shake twice in Gen V.)

Hi,

I just beat pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity. To anyone who has the game, can you tell me how to enter dungeons and walk around the town without your 2 starters. The pathetic amount of choices is sad, and it's not really fun to walk around town or consitantly take your two starters into every dungeon. I can't find out how to suspend your lead pokemon, and your partner, even after you got your partner back from the human world. I know how to switch leaders in dungeons, but not fully customize your party.

please help!

thanks.

i actually managed to catch zapdos; i was just a little skeptical of the catch rate, as i'd never really had too many problems with zapdos in the past. caught moltres, too; almost forgot that it was in victory road in this game.

random, but zapdos' name in french rocks. ELECTHOR.
"This Rare Candy... I like it! ANOTHER!"

I played the French versions of Red and Silver when I was a kid (because I'm French) and they worked properly. There may have some weird translations like instead of saying a pokemon is confused, they say it's crazy but it's still coherent.

I guess you're playing some kind of a hack.

I can translate French stuff if you want.
i'm actually using this to improve my french, but i am ~*~about*~* conversant by this point, so i got /most/ of the words...

but i must ask you, since you'll probably know this better than i will.

it says "top cool" when you catch a 'mon. does that work? it sounds weird to me, but i have seen stranger things.

@Zowaiyx

the lack of b/w two-shake thing amuses me somehow.

anyway, i agree; it is really odd, and i've read loads of bulbapedia, myself...

the weird thing is, it doesn't let me throw more than one ball in a regular battle, just the safari ones.

also, you don't happen to know if characters like lance will turn around like any npc in the regular overworld without talking to him, do you? he and other important characters have done it, and i don't remember seeing it in the newer games. a lot of regular trainers that battle me turn their backs to me just after i'm done, but maybe i just smell bad?

Hi,

I just beat pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity. To anyone who has the game, can you tell me how to enter dungeons and walk around the town without your 2 starters. The pathetic amount of choices is sad, and it's not really fun to walk around town or consitantly take your two starters into every dungeon. I can't find out how to suspend your lead pokemon, and your partner, even after you got your partner back from the human world. I know how to switch leaders in dungeons, but not fully customize your party.

please help!

thanks.
I played all the PMD games (which were all the same thing which was sadly disapointing) other then gates. I'm pretty sure u HAVE TO HAVE your partner and the main person. Is PMD gates any good? I expect it to be the same thing "other then the second one which in my opinion the best one".

it says "top cool" when you catch a 'mon. does that work? it sounds weird to me, but i have seen stranger things.
"top cool" is an old expression from like 10 years ago or something. French people understand it even now it's no longer used. It worked when Yellow was released because that the kind of expression kids could say at that time.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Why don't you catch one yourself? Like a psyfuck or a wooper.

Edit: Oh wow I typo'd that but I suppose I'll keep it in the post! :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure that if a Pokemon is asleep and they try to use Explosion but it fails because they didn't wake up, and you use sketch on the same turn it will copy it

Hmm. In my games, it say's that Lock-On has 100 accuracy, but sources like Bulbapedia and Smogon say it has flawless accuracy. Is something up with the game or are the sources wrong?

This is also Emerald. btw.

Hmm. In my games, it say's that Lock-On has 100 accuracy, but sources like Bulbapedia and Smogon say it has flawless accuracy. Is something up with the game or are the sources wrong?

This is also Emerald. btw.
Hm, according to Veekun it has guarenteed hut too, and Bulbapedia does not have any mention of differences in the generations, so I'd imagine the game is just lying to you and that Sand Attack didn't really matter after all.

Hm, according to Veekun it has guarenteed hut too, and Bulbapedia does not have any mention of differences in the generations, so I'd imagine the game is just lying to you and that Sand Attack didn't really matter after all.
But here's the thing. When I was against a Blissey using Double Team in the Battle Tower, I thought "oh pfft, Lock-On that shit". When I used Lock-On, it missed because Blissey had used Double Team.

But here's the thing. When I was against a Blissey using Double Team in the Battle Tower, I thought "oh pfft, Lock-On that shit". When I used Lock-On, it missed because Blissey had used Double Team.
Oh, then your sources are almost certainly wrong, at least when it comes to Gen 3. I'd imagine that, though in BW it has --- acc, Gen 3 was probably different.

akuto said:
I played all the PMD games (which were all the same thing which was sadly disapointing) other then gates. I'm pretty sure u HAVE TO HAVE your partner and the main person. Is PMD gates any good? I expect it to be the same thing "other then the second one which in my opinion the best one".
gates is ok. Not many pokemon is a major letdown, and a perfect reason not to buy it. Story sucks, it's like a moral "world is bad because people are bad, now it's gonna end". Way to much dialogue, and no option to make it type faster. graphics look fantastic, the dungeons layout could be better, building paradise is ok, iq skills have been removed, and other things that would be nice to have have been removed. I still don't get why they couldn't include more pokemon, this isn't the first few months of a new gen where they shove new pokemon down your throat. So I'd give it 7.2 out of 10, or a C-. Oh yeah companion mode is cool, except you can't explore post town, Why???

My question still stands.

Golden Piloswine said:
Hi,

please help!

thanks.

I hope I´m right here!

I just got a Shiny Gastly (it´s a Gengar actually) and a Shiny Whooper in Crystal. And due the Shiny Ditto Glitch a Shiny Ditto. I´m trying to get some Shines via breeding, but it´s very annoying to wait and still don´t get any Shiny ._.
Then I found this:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94343

I want to try this to get some interesting Shines (and because Shines have decent IV´s)

Now my questions:
1. Is this glitch possible in Crystal?
2. How big is the chance of losing the Pokémon or losing my save? Because Crstal is my oldest save (I need this GB Adapter for the PC ;_;)
3. Is this passing IV and Stat Exp Glitch possible in German Games? I can´t find it on bulbapedia, so I have no clue.

My Silver and Gold Edition seems to have empty batteries. I would use my Shiny Ditto for this, because I can get more of them without any problem.

Thanks for every helpfull answer!

@Golden Piloswine to answer your question, you can't switch leaders except when you're in companion mode. So you are stuck being your starters. Sorry to disappoint you!

I just RNG'd a Bold Cresselia with 31/16/31/31/31/31, and I'm using it for the Frontier. I'm leery of using it as a Choice Scarf lead, so I thought I could use it differently. Here's my idea:

Cresselia
Bold@Leftovers/Lum Berry

252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def (or Sp. Atk)

Psychic
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Substitute/Rest/Moonlight

The gist of it is a bulky Calm Minder who can take hits while dishing them out. Is this very viable?

Looks alright for me, I recommend Moonlight out of the other two.

Also, are the Regi's obtainable pre-elite 4 or post-elite4 in R/S?

@Golden Piloswine to answer your question, you can't switch leaders except when you're in companion mode. So you are stuck being your starters. Sorry to disappoint you!
Thanks, I won't be expecting another game in the series after this one...

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Looks alright for me, I recommend Moonlight out of the other two.

Also, are the Regi's obtainable pre-elite 4 or post-elite4 in R/S?
To contradict Dcae's statement, the Regis are obtainable pre-e4. I actually used Regice on my final team on my first run through Sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)