1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Haven't seen this in a while have you! [RMT]

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Elevator Music, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Soo yeah... RMT time. Here's a good stall team I made a few days ago. Too bad all the regulars have already battled it, making it ridiculously hard to continually win due to the increased difficulty of repeat battles. So it's either going to retire or not be used for a while (if Shaymin-s is banned I'll start using it again). Also I'll give them MMBN sprites from each MMBN game because they're cool.

Team at a Glance:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The team has done suprisingly well, with a minimal number of pokemon that trouble it. They are mainly Flying types that Vaporeon can't Toxic and can set up on me (like SubSeed Skymin). Without further ado:

[​IMG]
    Fidgit (CircusMan) @ Leftovers
    Timid : Vital Spirit
    216 HP / 40 Def / 252 Spd
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Encore
    - Earth Power​

CircusMan is from MMBN6, and is a really annoying navi. Fidgit is also annoying to battle. It's such a vital member of my team, keeping most Fighting type threats from beating me like Heracross and Lucario. Encore is an excellent move, especially lategame against pokemon like Revenankh.

Fidgit is also vital to my team for laying down Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spinning as well. Revenankh can't really do anything to it while I Encore a Bulk Up, and all other Ghosts get set up on besides Gengar.

[​IMG]
    Pyroak (WoodMan) @ Leftovers
    Bold : Battle Armor
    208 HP / 16 Def / 44 Spd / 240 SpDef
    - Leech Seed
    - Lava Plume
    - Synthesis
    - Stealth Rock​

WoodMan is incredibly bulky navi from MMBN 1 (and 4) and looks like a tree. That's pretty much all it has in common with Pyroak but that's ok. I decided against running Substitute so I could run Stealth Rocks, which I couldn't fit anywhere else. The 44 Speed allows me to outrun base 65s, which means most Scizor, so I don't have to worry about an SD X-Scissor critting me before I OHKO. Leech Seed helps to phaze and/or beat threats like CMCune.​

[​IMG]
    Vaporeon (AquaMan) @ Leftovers
    Bold : Water Absorb
    192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpDef
    - Wish
    - Toxic
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Electric]​

AquaMan is a small navi from MMBN4 (and 6) that is suprisingly tough. Vaporeon reminded me a lot of AquaMan for some reason. Decent Gyara counter which I lacked. Also provides Wish support, though I find that Blissey uses Wish much more often. Toxic was because I needed a pokemon to hit most TS immune pokemon, so I went with Vappy. It also makes a good initial Heatran counter, and beats most bulky Waters in general.

[​IMG]
    Revenankh (PharoahMan) @ Leftovers
    Careful : Shed Skin
    252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    - Rest
    - Bulk Up
    - Hammer Arm
    - Shadow Sneak​

PharoahMan = Mummy from MMBN2 (and 1). Revenankh = Mummy. PharoahMan = Revenankh? Standard unbeatable Rev. Spin Blocker extrodinare. Doesn't really absorb status much, since between Fidgit and Pyroak I have every status covered except Freeze. Pretty much all Rev does, aside from the occasional revenge kill with Shadow Sneak. Lategame he's a beast.​

[​IMG]
    Skarmory (KnightMan) @ Leftovers
    Impish : Keen Eye
    252 HP / 200 Def / 16 Spd / 40 SpDef
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird​

"Hai my name is Obi's Skarmory and I was shamelessly ripped." Yeah whatever it works.

KnightMan is a realllly bulky navi from MMBN 5 (and 2), I think it has the most overall HP out of any non-final boss character. Skarm is bulky and made out of metal. Go figure. Skarmory is my sole phazer if you don't count the switch inducing capabilities of Leech Seed Pyroak and Encore Fidgit. It lays down the Spikes that are really helpful in Platinum.

[​IMG]
    Blissey (Serenade) @ Leftovers
    Calm : Natural Cure
    252 Def / 40 SpAtk / 216 SpDef
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss​

Serenade is a boss from MMBN3, and is tough with his almost impenatrable defenses. Calm WishBliss can be just as hard. Initial answer to Gaymin, which is the only reason I'm running Ice Beam other than to nab Mence switchins. Seismic Toss is for reliable damage. Wish support because it's helpful for the team, and Blissey gets more opportunities to Wish than Vaporeon does.​

So yes, SubSeed Skymin is a hhuuggee problem for the team. The only way I can beat is it by getting lucky with Skarmory, or draining all of Leech Seed's PP, both of which are ridiculously difficult. Maybe a strange MixAzelf could bug me, but not too much.​

Anything to be fixed?​
  2. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Skarmory should be able to counter Sub-Seed Skymin if you have SR up. BB does 80% ish, and if it subs you can whirlwind it for 50%.
    (seed flare does 20%ish, Air Slash does 26%ish to 0SDef)

This team is great. I've played against it and it's great.
  3. sbc

sbc

Togekiss weak. I'd look at replacing Pyroak for perhaps Zapdos to both counter Scizor and spam residual damage with Roar or metal sound.
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Bliss and Vap can take Kiss..
    If you could move SR to something else (maybe Fidit?) Toxic is a really great move on Pyroak, if you try it put Flamethrower>Larva Plume.

And yea countering SkyMin while using CaPs is just so hard... I hope it gets banned at least for this metagame.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)