Having issues (on a mac)

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, well I've always had trouble on shoddy with my macs, but now it's not even letting me pick moves. It used to be that sometimes my battles just wouldn't, load, now they all load fine...just about 5 inches off to the right. Anyone else have this problem...or am I just very unfortunate? Thanks in advance.

Just so you can see:

Exact same things happen to me, so I've given up on my usual mac and am using a different mac, or a windows emulator. Which model of the mac are you using?

The same thing just happened to me.

It happened to me once last night as well, but other than that, it's never occurred before. I figured it may have had to do with the huge volume of people that were on the server at the time, but maybe it has to do with Macs too.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Iconic, that has nothing to do with SoT's error. SoT is on an older Mac and isn't able to download Java 6 due to his machine being 32 bit. Therefore, he has to work with Java 1.4.2 or Java 5. Java 5 causes the error that he posted in the first post. Java 1.4.2. causes an "unable to launch application" error.

The error you posted is due to high server traffic and happens from time to time.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Because to install Java for mac you must go through the automated Software Update process. It is not possible to simply download and install Java 6 from a website on OS X. Apple would have to issue the update itself and it has not done so.

I had this same problem for my mac. Make sure you don't have Java 5 chosen in your settings (there's a list, so just make sure it's not at the top). Since you can't download 6, put Java 4 at the top, and then reinstall Shoddy with these settings. I tried messing with the settings forever before I realized reinstalling might help and then it worked fine after that.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Macintosh HD --> applications ---> utilities ---> java preferences ----> select java se6 or jse 1.4.2 from the list.
Whenever Mac prompts me for an update I just install it without thinking about it, and for some reason it has a tendency to reset my java to v.5, so I have to do this fairly often. This is also explained more thoroughly in one of the stickied threads.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Stellar has walked me through most of these and nothing has really worked for me...if anyone has ideas not mentioned so far I'd really love to hear them, and im sure others would since this problem seems rather common.

theres a thread with everything you need to know about this, should have read that and posted problems there....

edit: what you do is change your java preferences, and reinstall shoddy then it shood work, i had the same problem

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Obviously he's tried everything in that thread now. When using Java 5, the moves are displayed how they are above, when using Java 1.4.2, the application won't start.

Run a copy of Windows in VMWare/VirtualBox. Install java from there, and play shoddy in the virtual machine. I can almost guarentee it will work.

Yeah, I have an HP computer and since yesterday evening, I am unable to login on shoddy battle. I don't know, I checked my firewall and and updated my Java to update 20, and nothing seems to be letting me into the server. ;x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)