Hawaii Gamestop Tourney

Went to the one in Ala Moana. 50 player turnup. The only rules were only one Wobuffet to a team and No Legendaries. The players decided that they would boycott the absence of the various clauses and take it upon themselves to put them into effect..except a few..Single Elimination 3v3. I used Weavile, Salamence, Starmie, Blissey, Electivire, and Gallade. MVP of my team was my Jolly Swords Dancer Weavile. Focus sash is definitely the way to go giving it an automatic guaranteed Swords Dance. Blissey and Garchomp were two of the most seen Pokemon of the day. One guy used 6 Blisseys, but his attempt to Counter my Weavile were unsuccessful as i Swords Danced 3 Times and swept the rest of his blisseys with a humangous brick break. This was actually my first competitive Pokemon battle(s) as all i`ve been doing is studying up. I ended up taking first and now i have a useless PBR game and no Wii to play it with. Selling it for 30 dollars or best offer.

*EDIT*Warstory Added
This is my first Warstory, or even competitive Pokemon Battle so please don't flame me :(

No Legendaries.
Only one Wobuffet per team.
Single Battle.
3v3.

My Team of Six:
Weavile
Blissey
Electivire
Starmie
Salamence
Gallade

Round 1
Nick Vs Brandon<---ADD irking Harry Potter looking fugnut.

This kid talked waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much. He was like a freak about pokemon and he was going around telling people how bad their pokemon are and why "BL1224RDZ accuracy doesn't make it nonetheless 1337sauce." I was getting sick of this kid cause he sounded like Michael Jackson.

So the screen flashed and I see Garchomps, TTar, Salamence, Charizard, Infernape, and Dragonite. So we choose our teams of three from our six and got started!

Nick sends out Weavile.
Brandon sends out Charizard.

Brandon switches into Infernape.
Nick's Weavile Swords Dances.
Nick's Weavile Swords Dances.
Brandon's Infernape uses Close Combat.
Nick's Weavile held on using it's Focus Sash.
Nick's Weavile uses Night Slash.
Brandon's Charizard Faints.

Brandon sends out Garchomp.
Nick's Weavile uses Ice Punch.
Brandon's Garchomp Fainted.

Brandon sends out Salamence.
Nick's Weavile uses Ice Punch.
Brandon's Salamence Faints.

Wow, thank you Weavile :)
1-0

Nick Vs ??? (can't remember his name)

He had Infernape, Gengar, Starmie, Garchomp, Blissey, and Ttar.

Nick sends out Weavile.
??? sends out Infernape.

??? switches into Blissey.
Weavile SD's
Weavile SD's
Blissey uses Flamethrower.
Weavile is at 2 HP
Weavile Brick Breaks.
Blissey Faints.

??? sends out Infernape
Infernape uses Mach Punch.
Weavile faints.

Nick sends out Starmie.
Starmie uses Surf.
Infernape Faints.

??? sends out Garchomp.
Starmie uses Ice Beam.
Garchomp Faints.
By this time, I'm starting to realize how much of a threat Weavile poses to the current OU metagame. As a starter, with focus sash, Weavile has the potential to create a metagame change to the way a team is setup, namely starters. As I've said, I'm still fresh to the Pokemon scene so I have no where near the knowledge you guys possess about the current metagame.
2-0

Nick Vs. "Hat"

I see his team of Blissey, Blissey, Blissey, Blissey, Blissey, and Blissey X_X No SpecsMence or Starmie for me (;

Nick sends out Weavile.
Hat sends out Blissey.
Weavile uses SD.
Blissey uses Counter; It misses.
Weavile uses SD.
Giggle.
Weavile uses SD.
Don't you ever learn???
Weavile uses Brick Break.
Blissey Faints.
Guess Not "/

Hat sends out Blissey.
Blissey held on to 1 HP using Focus Sash.
Copycatbiter >:[
Blissey uses Counter. Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyed
Weavile Faints.

Nick sends out Electivire.
Electivire Thunderpunches Blissey.
Blissey Faints.

Hat sends out Blissey.
Electivire uses Cross Chop.
Blisseys Chople Berry Weakened the Super Effectiveness of Cross Chop. (Blissey at 40%)
Blissey uses Counter.
Gayyyyyyyyyyed
Electivire Faints.

Nick sends out Gallade.
Gallade uses Close Combat.
Blissey Faints.

WTF. Lot's of Fat Pink Blobs.
3-0

Nick Vs ???

Nick sends out Weavile.
Alf sends out Gengar.
Weavile SD's.
Gengar uses Shadow Ball. (Weavile at 60%)
Weavile uses Night Slash;
No switch??
Gengar Faints.

Alf sends out Bronzong.
Weavile uses Night Slash. (Bronzong at 40%+6.25% from leftovers)
Bronzong uses ??? I forget what he did but I remember it missed;
Tip Of The Day: Don't miss against Weavile.
Weavile uses Night Slash.
Bronzong Fainted.

Alf sent in Blissey.
Weavile uses Brick Break. (Blissey at 10%+6.25% leftovers)
Blissey uses Toxic.
Blissey Misses.
Blissey Faints.

I'm gonna go on a honeymoon with my Weavile, kthx<3
4-0

Nick vs ???
Finals

I'm really sorry but I forgot this entirely except I know that I had at least two Swords Dances in with Weavile due to his switching along with a Focus Sash save. I recall sweeping with Brick Break and Ice Punch. Sorry. BUt I won :)

The guy was nice and he knew from the start he had no counters to my Weavile, so he just played it out for the sake of it :)
5-0

Props:
-WEAVILEEEEEEEE RAWR >:P
-Free PBR
-Fun Day
-First Time Playing Outside of In-Game
-First Warstory(Hope I did good >__<)
-Harry Potter :P
-First Smogon Post :D
-Looking foward to meeting smogon people ^^

Slops:
-Trade-in Value of 18 Dollars to the Store for PBR so I said forget it.
-Judge being a prick
-No species clause (FUCK U BLISSEY)
-No items clause (Omg leftovers makes games boring)
-THE SHIRT WAS A LARGE, was expecting a size selection.
-No friend codes :[

I'm adding local people to my friend codes list and i have a lot of info on upcoming tourneys here in hawaii if you want. Last month we had a $10 tourney for a Wii and there will be another very soon. If anyone wants to talk to me, i prefer myspace. Here I am:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=18069525

AND ANY OFFERS FOR THE PBR GAME; PLEASE COMMENT ME ON MYSPACE TY.

I was going to go to the one in Kahala, but I had work =*(. Damn my love of money! Anyway, wow 50 people, any chicks? Also, where in the store did you guys play? 50 people would be really crowded.

I would've gone to that one too if I haven't had other work to do. Were they mostly little kids / casual players, or were there guys who actually knew EVs?

I will definitely write up a warstory on this. i am getting to this asap, trying to get as much detail as possible.

We crowded around the wii in the small corner with people blocking the entrance XD

I predicted the metagame to be In-game starters with no EV trained pokes and fairly weak IV'd pokes. Amazingly there were some pretty good players.

As I said I will try as fast as possible to Warstory this to the best of my memory.

Oh and ummm about people knowing EV's; I'm pretty sure most people are aware of them as they're an easy concept to grasp. The question you're probably asking is do they know the most effective EV spreads; and to that question I can't answer since i didn't have a chance to look at their stats, but they were most definitely EV trained.

As I said I started studying this Pokemon stuff less than a month ago, and have only jumped into the competitive scene as of today, so don't mistaken me for being cocky as you all probably have greater knowledge in these topics than I do (;

Hahaha. Six blissey. Amazing. Probably all the exact same (hopefully good) pokemon just cloned. Maybe he didn't have time to make more than 1 competitive poke? Anyway, focus sash on Weavile is pretty good, one of the few pokes that can really take full advantage of it.

the one here on the big island was lame. Everyone allowed (except, Darkrai Arceus and Shaymin) and it was double battle.

Woah, 50 people? I'm surprised there didn't seem to be any other good players there besides you. Interesting. After reading your warstory it was kind of like a broken record of weavile wrecking person after person. Nice job and congrats on the win!

Haha thanks again guys.

Actually the blissey wasn't cloned. There were various names given to the Blisseys in the front with Abbreviations that told which moveset the Blissey was given. He had one counter blissey; a calm mind blissey; and a medic blissey for example. As much as I hated the thought of 6 Blisseys, I couldn't help but grin how badly Triple Swords Danced Brick Breaking Weavile made that one Blissey very sad XD

And yes, I'm in love with my Jolly Weavile with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed ;P

Yes, this kid looked exactly like Harry Potter, except he had a mole on his neck. He told people that they shouldn't run Blissey and it's useless since it has no way of attacking. He never heard of Seismic Toss or Calm Mind Blissey or Toxic Blissey. And the best thing was when he told everyone that Ice Beats Ground but it's pointless since Ground owns Ice. ROFL. We all had our laughs at him and then he tried to back it up with his claim that he battled a Rhydon or something with Ice Beam and it got owned when someone EQ'd. Everyone just shutup and their faces went from XD to -______-

Love for the Weavile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)