HAX! (a little help, please?)

Hello! Welcome to my RMT. This is the team I designed to be based around my main man, Haxorus. This is one of my first RMT's so I apologize if it isn't the greatest. All comments are COMPLETELY appreciated. Please, be harsh. So, without further ado, I give you, "HAX!"

HAX!@Life Orb
Mold Breaker
Adamant
36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

Haxorus... This guy. After one Dragon Dance he out speeds all of the unboosted metagame, and his attack is... well you know. After one attack boost and extra damage from life orb Outrage will virtually 2HKO the entire metagame. Earthquake will hit those stupid steel types like Bronzong thanks to mold breaker. Brick break covers the Ferrothorns out there, who will live an earthquake and retaliate with a gyro ball or a thunder wave, preventing a sweep

Auto Zone@Leftovers
Magnet Pull
Modest
212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
-Charge Beam
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire

So, even though Haxorus' coverage moves are used for steel types, I still like to get them out of the way before Haxorus gets in, just to ensure a clean sweep. Magnezone here is just the guy to do it, especially when it comes to Skarmory, who can live a brick break and then phaze me out. I chose this set because I can also set up using charge beam when faced with a Ferrothorn. It takes two power whips to break one sub, always. This just helps out Haxorus a little more when he needs to sweep. All in all, his main purpose is Skarmory, and he does it well.

RinseCycle@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power Ice
-Trick

Rotom is here for a couple reasons. One is for scouting. You've all seen this set in action before and you know how it works. I also like this Rotom because, as you all know, can trick his Scarf away and allow for Haxorus to set himself up. He also takes on Skarmory and Bronzong with no worries and can take on the priority users that wreck Haxorus, such as Scizor, Mamoswine, etc.

Skarface@Leftovers
Sturdy
Careful
252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirwind
-Brave Bird

So, as you all know, every sweeper appreciates entry hazards. I specifically like skarmory because of certain immunities and his ability to phaze. Also, reliable recovery helps too. I went with the specially defensive variant because I feel like it tends to surprise people. Though the problem I face is I've been thinking of switching him for forretress because A. I like him B. He has Rapid Spin, which with Haxorus' this defenses is neccessary and C. He has Stealth Rocks as well. Anyways, Skarmory's good. This teams fairly new so I haven't really tested that much yet. Moving on...

The Espert@Light Clay
Magic Bounce
Timid
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Fighting

Dual Screens is always a big help to any team, especially an offensive team with a low defense sweeper, like mine. I chose Espeon over the other sweepers because I absolutely love Magic Bounce since it kinda makes up for my lack of stealth rocks. Psychic is my just-in-case stab move which probably won't see much use since this Espeon will be switching around alot. Same with Hidden Power. I didn't really put too much thought into the type of hidden power to use. If you have any inputs, please, let me know.

Jango@Leftovers
Shadow Tag
Bold
28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SpD
-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Safeguard
-Encore

Wobbuffet: the ultimate piss off. Also the ultimate Revenge Killer Killer. If that makes sense... Ha. We know how the Wobbo works and he is my revenge killer because he's a perfect revenge killer. There's not much to be said about him because he's so simple... Anyways, he's cool.

Remember: ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME. I really want some help on this one guys. And even if you don't find anything wrong, just tell me so I know, ha. I'm sorry if my team isn't as fun or original as some others, but please, give me your best advice. Thank You.

cool team.
Love all those pokes.
I just don't see you winning many games at the moment.
U-Turn destroys you, sun destroys you, sand destroys you.
My first thought is Azelf does Espeon's job better than Espeon as it has access to Stealth Rocks, is faster, and just more of an asset. Everyone is pretty on to espeon and won't give you many chances to bounce anything. The smogon Dual Screens set works pretty well I think for you here. Usually it's used with Cloyster but Hax can be a pretty decent sweeper under Dual Screens.
Wobbuffet is usually only good for one kill if even that. This team could really use a powerful priority attacker as a revenger. The list is long Conkeldurr, Lucario, Dnite, Scizor, Mamoswine all come to mind here.
I think this guy could do some damage for you in this slot.
Conkeldurr @ Leftovers/Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe) or Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback / Stone Edge

One other thought that comes to mind is making Magnezone your Dual Screens, trapping a steel type(Scizor or Ferrothorn) Setting up screens than switching in Hax.
He can get away with thunder hp fire and dual screen set easily.
This frees you up to grab any good lead poke. A stealth rock heatran could help out alot and he works well with Skarmory.
Hope that stuff helps you out.

Im liking the pokemon but not so much there ev spreads.
for example on haxorous you may as well give it 252speed as scarfed pokemon such as jolly moxiemance will outrun it.
Or on skarmory, its speeds not needed so 252spdef is a good choice.
Finally on evs its your wobuffet, wobbufet wants to take as much damage as possible so it can hit back harder so less def evs and full hp investment.

As cosmicflinch said dual screens are a good idea on magnezone as charge beem is not doing much, the spatk boost is not reliable nor is the accuracy.

Haxorous is ok but i personally would run jolly as without it many ou pokemon outrun it, before dd is up and can easyly take it out.

Skarmory and rotoms movesets are standard but very effective.

Espeon-im not sure light screen is needed (magnezone can use it) i would replace with shadow ball for the likes of jellicent which you seem to lack a counter for.
I personally find hp fire more usefull as there are almost a 4x fire weakness pokemon on each team (scizor gensect ferrothorn forretress, are you getting boerd of them as well?) it is also usefull for the likes of hazard users which you bounce back at.

wobuffet is fine but the evs should be with 252hp to do more damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)