He was a friend of mine (aka Bye Bye Birdie) [sneaked #1 and 6-0'd Sonic :P]

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted my last RMT. That's probably because the fact that I hadn't received any rates due to not getting a good peak prevented me from posting some teams I loved using throughout a couple of tourneys. Well I'm glad to say that I finally have a peak with a team of my invention!

For those of you who don't know me, and that's probably the majority of non UU-regulars, I'm Ernesto, someone who had stopped playing Pokemon (much less competitively) after ADV and couldn't play the gen IV, V, and VI games even when I got back to it with Smogon. As such, I had to learn a lot of things (hell, EV and IV training had elluded me when I played Ruby, Sapphire, and Leaf Green!) before I could get into it competitively. I've always preferred gen I and II because those were the ones I grew up with, but as BW2 was closing in, I figured 'why the hell not' and tried my hands at teambuilding.

As an oldgen fan (not genwunner, just in case), I instantly got attracted into UU—after being unable to succeed in OU with my favorite Pokés—due to the resemblance in some parts to GSC OU, the best metagame in my mind, with Snorlax being the undisputed King, and Zapdos and Raikou being some of the most threatening Pokés. I also felt that it would be easier for me to succeed with CM Slowbro (my favorite mon), which was the set I wanted to experiment the most with since Regenerator, Scald, and Psyshock joined to Slowbro's tools for a better shot at a CM set with Calm Mind and Slack Off. While I did get a lot of mileage out of that and could achieve many sweeps with different levels of team support, I obviously tried out more sets, such as Specs, Trick Room + 3 attacks, or arguably the best one and the one I like the most, the T-Wave support set.

Now, on the past year and a half, I've played around with many different teams ranging from stall to pure offense, but almost always building around the same 3-mon core: Slowbro (Slowking in some cases), Snorlax, and Nidoqueen, the latter which was one of the first Pokémon I grew in love with. Needless to say, this team also features that core. It just fits on some many playstyles, due to how balanced they are and how they can run different sets extremely effectively. And no, koko didn't come up with it first, if he says differently he's lying, js.

Well, now onto what you came for. The basis of this team, which was built while I was studying for my exams and with a broken laptop (I passed without needing to go to finals, gg), was around this little birdie, that I still consider to be a potato with wings. This Pokémon is probably the most broken aspect of the metagame (some might say candle or Victini are worse, but they are only as ridiculously powerful as you let them be; Togekiss can wreck you even if you have Rhyperior + Zapdos!). Well, I was aware that Togekiss received a Fairy retyping on the transition to XY, which more than likely meant that it would rise to OU (because Fairy/Flying is an extremely good typing) so I wouldn't be able to use it in XY UU when the time came. With that premise, I set out to build the ultimate Spuds, as Toge will be referred as from now on, team, which still felt as one of my own. Meaning I'd use the Pokés I'd always used (seriously though, this is important because the only reason I asked RT to borrow his Hail team on the Victini test was because it felt like one of my own; a team I could be comfortable with even if it was really weak to a couple of threats). My Sociology pages are filled with drawings and connotations in regards to said team, so it felt right even in the theorymon stage. This could be not only a farewell team for Spuds with gen 6 in mind, but also a farewell to BW2 UU, which along with getting me mad a couple of times, was a really nice metagame to play in and which I hope I've helped shape into what it is now. Even when I only voted on the Victini test, every other suspect (except maybe Kingdra at the time) I shared the feelings with the majority of the voters, even if my thoughts didn't matter, so to me the metagame is as perfect as it'll ever be.

When I came back home from Buenos Aires to my fixed laptop, I set out to trying this team. I used my alt slow testing, with which I went 43-7 and 5-0'd Metal Sonic (funnily enough, I didn't remember his RMT but I did know, from being shit on by it a couple of times, that Rotom-H was Spec'd with HP Ice and it was a ridiculous threat if I gave it the upper hand; that alone gave me an advantage in the first turns). Unfortunately, not having the best start meant that I couldn't have the rating I thought I deserved by winning 86% of my games, so I decided to try with another account (later I'd play again with the first one and get a peak as 30th). Now, Unthought Known had 19 games from before I had to go away because the ladder hadn't reset, and I wasn't gonna use it but I saw that for some reason the CRE wasn't bad for being 15-4. Maybe I'd won the first 10 games in a row or something? I don't remember much, only that I lost the last game due to a disconnect, which prompted me to stop playing with it even before I had to get my laptop fixed. Well anyways, I used that account, and after facing Sonic again while we were chatting, I won 35 gold points that made my CRE rise to the top ten while I finally got my dev down to the late 90s. I kept going and got a third spot, which was nice. At the time I was only 24 points from being number one, but someone allegedly got lucky with the points rewarded reaching 2181 in only 20 games, so I was suddenly too far from the first spot. However, I kept going and after reaching 21 wins in a row, I finally clinched the second spot, which I think is good enough. I might try later to get to number one, but since I'm still not close enough, it's a good time to write this RMT in my mind.

Peaks:

Teambuilding process:

I wanted to build a team around Nasty Plot Spuds, so obviously that's where I started. I knew three moves, and the last one could be either Heal Bell or Baton Pass, which I wanted to try out. Depending on that last move, my team would be leaning more towards defensive balance or towards bulky offense.

Since the best way to take advantage of NP Spuds is with paralysis support, I fit in my tried-and-true three-man core with T-Wave Slowbro and Body Slam Snorlax. Nidoqueen rounded the core with SR, Heracross resistance and important immunities to Electric moves and Toxic. Queen also appreciates paralysis support, since she already wrecks almost everything slower.

Since I was leaning at the time for Baton Pass as the last move, Zapdos and Shaymin came along as great receivers of the NP boosts. Shaymin could force Rhyperior out to throw around a Seed Flare or a Leech Seed, while Zapdos was obviously terrifying at +2. Additionally, they could simply be BP'd to on the predicted switch to threaten them or set up a sub.

I realized Zapdos could be a real issue by how the team was, since Shaymin only tied with it and couldn't do much back, while Snorlax lacked reliable recovery. So I decided to switch Zapdos for Raikou to set up on opposing birds, while Fire Blast Nidoqueen could be used to deal with SD Heracross. I didn't really need Zapdos for BU Scrafty anyway, since Togekiss already covered that excellently even without the Fairy typing.

I didn't really like having to use Fire Blast Queen and I knew Weavile could wreck me if I wasn't careful, so I sadly had to let hedgehog go. I was torn between Chandy and Heracross as my Scarfer of choice, since in the pros/cons they were very even. Heracross gave me a nice Dark resist while switching into DD Scrafty with ease, but Chandy had Trick, resisted +2 Ice Shard (which meant it could take on Weavile even with some prior damage), and gave me a Normal immunity. It also gave me a third receiver for NP boosts, and a third Heracross check to prevent Megahorn spamming. I knew it gave me a third ground weak, too, but between Slowbro and Spuds, I was comfortable knowing that wouldn't be a real problem. By now, I knew my team was good enough to test as soon as I could.

I obviously liked the team a lot, and I definitely liked the utility of BP. However, I wanted a more all-around solid team, so I decided to get another build for it, more leaning towards defensive balance. So I gave Spuds Heal Bell, I turned Snorlax into a RestTalk set for more durability, and traded Chandelure for Heracross. I gave it Aerial Ace so that opposing Heras didn't try anything naughty on me, I didn't need Sleep Talk anyway since I had Lax for that.

Team in detail:

The partners in crime

Slowbro @

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)

~ Thunder Wave
~ Scald
~ Psyshock
~ Slack Off

Why this Pokémon in particular?

Well, for starters, Slowbro is my favorite, simple as that. Outside of that fact, it's one of the most resilient Pokés in the tier with Regenerator and reliable recovery, also thanks to the fact RestTalk is hindered this gen meaning Suicune, isn't as good as it could be. Slowbro spreads paralysis like the best, perhaps facing competition with Cresselia in that role. However, Slowbro can take U-turns for days as long as they aren't STAB, it can spread burns with the most broken move, and packs Psyshock to hurt Roserade, Heracross, Snorlax, and Virizion that think they can set up on it.

Moveset and EV spread explanation

The moveset is standard for physically defensive Slowbro, with T-Wave over Fire Blast because this team is built around a Spuds sweep. If I can catch a Raikou or a Zapdos it's the sweetest thing (take that, Cameron Diaz!), but anything getting paralyzed is helpful because it gives me tempo and helps Spuds clean late game. The EV spread is simply maximizing bulk, the 12 EVs in Speed are to outpace paralyzed Jolly CB Crobat, allowing Slowbro to switch in, tank two Brave Birds after SR, paralyze and Slack Off on its face. Slowbro's bulk also allows it to beat stuff like non-SD Weavile and LO Honch one-on-one, as well as surviving unboosted (non CB) Heracross's Megahorn and Lum Virizion's +2 Leaf Blade, assuming they came in at the same time, paralyzing them and getting Spuds in with less trouble.

Snorlax (1) @

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 196 SpD / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch
~ Pursuit
Snorlax (2) @

EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)

~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

Snorlax is the special wall of the tier, the only one capable of beating any Nidos, Raikou, Zapdos, and Chandelure. Of course, the lack of reliable recovery hinders it, and RestTalk isn't the same as in gen 2. However, Snorlax is a must for most teams, if only for Chandelure. It's also a good secondary paralysis spreader with Body Slam, nailing Rhyperior and Gligar that are immune to T-Wave (and won't switch into Slowbro!). In fact, the only non-Limber mon immune to both forms of paralysis is Golurk, and Spuds eats that for breakfast.

(1)
This is Offensive Snorlax with Leftovers and Fire Punch over Crunch. Reason for that is that Cofagrigus is big setup bait for Spuds, so I won't waste time trying to combat it with Snorlax. I guess you could try Ice Punch here for Gligar? Or maybe Seed Bomb for Rhyperior. Or hell, even Protect. I chose Fire Punch to hit Escavalier and Shaymin, while also preventing Abomasnow from trying to do anything funny if they're in the field at the same time. The spread maximizes Lax's Attack and Special Defense stats, with 52 EVs in Defense to tank a +1 Outrage from Kingdra (which is probably this team's biggest threat).

(2) This is RestTalk Lax with Earthquake over Whirlwind. I didn't really care for mono-Normal and Earthquake helps against Empoleon, Victini, and Raikou. I guess that leaves me a bit more vulnerable to Mismagius, but that thing isn't great anyway: Spuds beats non-NP+Thunderbolt variants, while Spuds+Hera wrecks all of them. 176 EVs in Special Defense reaches a jump point with a Careful nature, and the defensive EVs help Snorlax beat Victini and other things more easily.

The Wallbreaker

Nidoqueen @

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

~ Stealth Rock
~ Earth Power
~ Focus Blast / Fire Blast
~ Ice Beam

Nidoqueen is simply amazing in UU, and has been so ever since it got Stealth Rock from the move tutors, making it the best bulky offensive SR setter in the tier. It has just the right combination of typing, bulk, coverage, and offensive presence, really only lacking in the Speed department. However, it's just enough to outrun a majority of the defensive metagame, while maintaining a good level of bulk. Immunity to Electric and Toxic and resistance to Bug-type moves make Queen a perfect partner for Slowbro, so I've used the two together (or Slowking in some cases) in like 90% of my teams, plus RT's Hail team. You gotta love the Queen. It sets up SR and throws a couple of strong punches before biting the dust, generally being my primary sacrifice to get a free switch for something else. It's not really an Electric check (since it loses to Zapdos's and Raikou's most common sets unless it switches into Thunderbolt!) as it is a Volt Switch stopper. Its mere presence allows Snorlax to get in on Raikou or Zapdos without having to eat a Tbolt to the face, which goes miles to help on Snorlax's survivability.

Stealth Rock, Earth Power, and Ice Beam are mandatory on any self-respecting Nidoqueen, while I choose Focus Blast on the last slot just for Umbreon and Snorlax. CurseLax can be a problem for this team if I can't nail it with Trick, so Focus Blast acts as a last ditch hit against it—provided it does hit. Fire Blast can be an option if you want, hitting Heracross and Bronzong while also beating Escavalier and doing more to the Grass-types, but really, Focus Blast's utility is just amazing and I have other ways of beating those anyway. The EV spread maximizes Queen's Special Attack stat, hitting 273 (which is 4 more points than Timid Nidoking, if that's worth something), 354 with Life Orb, while the Speed reaches 221, outspeeding defensive Roserade and Modest Empoleon (watch out for the Shuca Berry!). This is probably the best spread, although if you really want to you can hit 243 to outspeed Adamant Honchkrow and defensive Mew / defensive Zapdos / bulky SD Heracross, together with defensive Xatu. In my experience, it does hurt Nidoqueen's ability to tank neutral and resisted hits a lot, but if you want to, be my guest!

The primary sweeper

Spuds @

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)

~ Nasty Plot
~ Roost
~ Air Slash
~ Baton Pass / Heal Bell

Aaah here we are. Good ol' Spuds, the Pokémon I built this team around. It doesn't get much better than this: 85/95/115 bulk, 120 Special Attack, Nasty Plot, reliable recovery, Heal Bell to prevent Toxic from being an issue while helping the team, and a nice Speed stat. Spuds is not only versatile (are you gonna switch your Electric when it might T-Wave, or are you gonna go to a Ground-type when it might set up a Nasty Plot?), but it's also a really good defensive Pokémon that can set up on bulky Water-types and Umbreon like the best of them. It also laughs at defensive Bronzong (suck it, Fairies!), which seems an oxymoron when they usually switch into you! It really is a top tier Pokémon, and if it wasn't such an easy switch for Zapdos and Raikou when not running T-Wave, it would probably be borked. Really, the only thing that prevents me from wanting to ban it is that it has a good case of a 4 moveslot syndrome. I will really miss using it once XY UU becomes a thing, but I'll also be glad that I won't have to face it. Although, to be fair, maybe with Electrics being immune to paralysis Spuds would be more easily handled so it wouldn't necessarily be broken with the retyping (thank God for no Moonblast Special Attack drops!)

Nasty Plot, Air Slash, and Roost are standard on good Togekiss sets, while the last move consists of one of Baton Pass and Heal Bell. Depending on which one you choose, your playstyle will be completely different: BP helps you get Nidoqueen in on Rhyperior/Raikou and threaten them out, or Raikou in on Zapdos (obviously on the switch, don't try tanking a Tbolt to pass a +2 boost unless you really have to!). This also goes well along with Scarf Chandelure, especially for the lategame since at +2 it will wreck house once Snorlax is out of comission. You can use Heracross along with BP, of course, but you don't need it as much because you'll be playing much more offensively anyway. When using Heal Bell, you can run RestTalk Lax without problems and gain a lot of staying power at the cost of the more immediate one, while playing more recklessly with Raikou and Spuds itself since you won't mind status as much. I'd advise you to run Heracross with this more defensive team, since SR can be a bigger problem and letting something die can be more costly if you're planning for longer games.

As for the EV spread, at first it was just max/max because I really didn't care much for outspeeding min Speed base 85s, but after doing a calc against Crustle, I realized outspeeding all Crustles was really worth it because it allowed me to have a higher-than-50% chance to have no hazards on the field against the suicide lead set. 48 Speed EVs puts me on 208, which is one point above +Speed Crustle and two above min base 85s. Oh, max Defense helps me tank physical hits much better, while Spuds already does a good job against Yanmega and the likes with no investment. It's also not necessary to be able to tank Thunderbolts because Spuds doesn't have T-Wave anyway.

The secondary sweeper

Raikou @

Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

~ Substitute
~ Calm Mind
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

The answer is simple: Zapdos. Also opposing Spuds, of course, but that could've also been covered by my own Zapdos. I chose Raikou because being able to set up on the Electric bird, which is one of the most threatening Special Attackers, is simply great. It's true that it shares a Ground weakness with Nidoqueen, but that doesn't really matter when I have Slowbro and Snorlax to take neutral hits from both sides. Raikou acts as a backup sweeper, too, since in case I can't spread paralysis to get Togekiss into play, Raikou can take advantage of its Speed tier and Calm Mind to wreck unprepared teams. Of course, that almost never happens because teams unprepared for SubCM Raikou shouldn't exist. Still, I can usually use Raikou as another wallbreaker by setting up midgame when there's no Zapdos to take care of on the other side, so it'll never be deadweight.

The moves are standard for SubCM Raikou: I didn't wanna use HP Grass because I felt it was overpreparing when Rhyperior doesn't usually stay healthy to stop Togekiss lategame. HP Ice also helps against Band Flygon, which can be a real problem for this team due to having no Dragon resists. There's not much more than that, you're welcome to run HP Grass if you want. The spread doesn't need explanation, the 4 Defense EVs compensates the IV lost due to Hidden Power. Oh, it's shiny so that people can't tell if it has Aura Sphere or not. Really all Raikous should be shiny if only for that detail (and for those balls of steel!)

The revenge killer

Chandelure @

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

~ Fire Blast
~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball
~ Trick

Chandelure is a very good scarfer because it outspeeds everything up to Jolly Weavile, without needing a +Speed nature, which allows it to take advantage of its 427 Special Attack stat. However, it probably wouldn't fit this team if it wasn't for the fact that it gave me a third receiver of those NP boosts. At +2 it's a force to be reckoned with, especially with opposing Snorlax weakened, but really most of all it'll have the utility of Trick, immunity to Normal, Fighting, and Fire, and ability to revenge kill Weavile without many issues. Be afraid of CB Lax when using Chandy, though, even if you Trick it you're still losing your Scarfer in the meantime. Be careful of when you Trick and you should do fine.

Well, three attacks + Trick is certainly not unheard of on a Scarfer. Energy Ball hits lead Swampert and Rhyperior hard if you wanna go there, but really, you can use whatever you want on that moveslot: Memento, WoW, Toxic. Most of the time you'll be using your STABs and your STABs alone. Shadow Ball hits NP Mew and Fire Blast hits Weavile and Virizion (against defensive Mew, Fire Blast is better if you switched into WoW). Don't even try HP Fighting, it's really not worth it and against Porygon2 you're much better off tricking anyway. The EV spread is standard for any Scarfer.

Heracross @

Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)

~ Megahorn
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Aerial Ace / Earthquake

Heracross is generally a solid scarfer because of its amazing coverage as well as nice resists, allowing it to come in on many mons, outspeed and OHKO, while simply hitting hard on anything that might come in on Megahorn. If you're not using BP on Spuds or if you simply don't wanna run Chandelure as your Scarfer, Heracross is your best choice. Just remember you're giving up three immunities and a dual resist to Megahorn in exchange for two resistances, better bulk and coverage, and SR neutrality. You're also making yourself a bit weaker to Weavile if it manages to set up. Outside of that, I think Heracross is generally the better Scarfer and probably fits this team better (no need to play mindgames against a +1 Honchkrow with Raikou and an amazing answer to DD Scrafty). Guts allows it to switch into Sableye's and SpDef Mew's Will-O-Wisps and smack them with Megahorn, so it also performs like Chandelure in that regard.

The dual STAB + Stone Edge is imo mandatory on Scarf Heracross, while in the last moveslot I chose Aerial Ace because bulky SD Heracross is a big threat. If you want, you can use Earthquake to hit a couple of things harder while running Fire Blast on Nidoqueen, but relying on Queen as your only answer to SD Heracross can be counterproductive. Guts is to better deal with stallbreakers Sableye and Mew, since they're a problem for my special attackers (especially the latter because it outspeeds two thirds of my team). You can use Moxie, but it isn't really needed on most scenarios and I generally prefer the utility of Guts.

Some threats to the team:

Kingdra
: this is probably the biggest threat. The Rain Dance set hits like a mofo with Rain-boosted Hydro Pumps, while some DD sets can set up on Slowbro (aka Rest sets) to a point where I simply can't revenge kill.

Nidoqueen and Nidoking
: these are important threats due to their coverage. Slowbro can switch into Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and Focus Blast, but it's one-shot by Thunderbolt and is two-shot by Earth Power before it can KO back, especially in Nidoqueen's case. Snorlax can take anything easily but Focus Blast, but it can't recover its health easily and is therefore put in an uncomfortable position.

Dark-types
can be a problem if not running Heracross. You'll need to play around Bisharp's and Honchkrow's Sucker Punch with Raikou and/or Chandelure if they get going and that can cost you more than one Pokémon. DD Scrafty in particular is scary because +1 HJK does a lot to Spuds and it can't OHKO back. Weavile, on the other hand, is scarier if you don't have Scarf Chandy, because +2 LO Ice Shard can pick off a weakened Heracross so you have to be careful around it. Mostly try to not give them chances to set up and you should do fine. Only Scrafty could be taken care of by Fairy Spuds, which is not nice :\ Sharpedo can't beat Togekiss without hax and Krookodile is not very good, so that's something I guess.

Snorlax is probably the biggest defensive threat to the team. CB can come in on a bunch of Pokés and start throwing around Returns, while CurseLax can be hard to beat if you mispredict. If running Chandy, try not to make the Trick too obvious (as in, if you're against a +2 Lax, you're possibly better off attacking because the Trick can be read), although at the same time you can take advantage of that, because the next time Snorlax comes in it'll have less to set up on. With Heracross, you'll need to weaken Lax with Nidoqueen before you can revenge kill with Close Combat, and that can be a problem.

On the other hand, Raikou can be a threat for the same reason as Snorlax, and that's unpredictability. If you don't see Leftovers, you might not be completely safe after switching Nidoqueen into a Thunderbolt/Volt Switch. Additionally, Calm Mind Raikou can beat Queen one on one, so if Snorlax is weakened, it might be tough to beat cat. Keep your Scarfer safe and you should do fine.

CM Suicune is generally a threat I dislike facing, although I've never had much issues with it. Thing is, I'll generally try to beat it by setting up alongside it with Raikou, but a well-played Suicune should be able to outlast cat because of Rest. That isn't even talking about the CM + Roar set, which can phaze you out if you get greedy with the boosts and then you'll be in real problems. Just try to keep it at medium health so that it's forced to Rest before it has acquired enough boosts to be really threatening. Just as Kingdra and the Nidos, this could seem easier to deal with by having Slowking over Slowbro, but in reality phazing is just a short term answer so the change is really not worth it.

Importables:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 50 Spd
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Baton Pass

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 14 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 196 SDef / 10 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 126 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 50 Spd
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 14 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 126 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

(Ugh what the hell is wrong with the hide button? I suck at this stuff, but at least I'd learned how to do it well. Whatever, I guess)

Some random replays:
Note that during most of the time using slow testing, the replay button wasn't working and I didn't feel like pb'ing every other battle, so the quantity is probably not the best—and neither the quality.

Conclusion:

Well this has been my RMT and I hope you enjoyed it at least half of what I enjoyed playing with this team. Spuds is a really great mon in UU, really fun to use and ridiculously annoying to play against (not enough to be broken, though). I think with this I came as close as I'll ever be to making it perform well, and even though this team is far from perfect, I think it highlights the best way of using Togekiss: physically defensive spread, paralysis support, checks to the stuff that threaten it. You don't need more than that, as I was able to see, since I didn't need to use coverage moves specific to one Poké in order to sweep with it. Anything else comes at the discretion of the player. But enough of me typing random words hurricane, if you got this fair I expect you'll be wanting to try this out, so knock yourself out! And thanks for reading!!

One last look:

Last edited:
This is a great team! Just a few comments though...
1. Have you tried sleep talk in the last spot for hera? Sleep will cripple most of your pokes (with the exception of resttalk lax). Being asleep givea you the power of choice band but the speed of choice scarf. I think guts booated stone edge does a hefty amount to boosting hera which any of its stab moves can easily pick it off.
2. Bp on spuds looks good but i think youd be better off with a coverage move in grass knot to nail rhyperior who resist your stab and is immune th t wave. Rock blast/earthquake will hurt nidoqueen and raikou. You ohko rhyperior with no boost i believe.

Other than that good team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)