Heavy Special Offense OU RMT

Hi all, I recently posted a Heavy Offense team on here that had mild success, but I didn't feel very original playing since I borrowed most of the ideas for it, and therefore it didn't quite fit my style. That said, I've designed a team based purely on what I know about the meta, and what I think works together. The result is still Heavy Offense, but Special based instead of Physical.

Right, the team is as follows:

Thundurus @Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Ability; Prankster
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave

The typical lead Thundurus. Use Taunt to prevent the opponent setting up, then Thunder Wave cripples sweepers. Thunderbolt and HP Ice give good coverage. This guy has been performing average for me, I'm considering switching to a more offensive nasty plot set, but I can't think of anything better as a lead. Any ideas would be most welcome

Suicune @Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature Ability: Water Absorb
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Electric]
-Calm Mind
This guy is the crux of my team, he can take a good number of hits, and set up beautifully, then proceed to sweep an entire team with his excellent move coverage. I would not trade him for anything, he is just fantastic! The idea with him is basically to switch in on something he resists, then use CM 2 maybe 3 times, after which he just destroys things until LO kills him.

Latios @Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Hidden Power [Fire]
The second of my 2 part offensive combo, Latios is very very nice. CM is for the same reason as Suicune, because Lati can take a few hits while setting up and then sweep like crazy. Dragon Pulse is for STAB and Surf and HP Fire are good coverage (Fire for steels especially).

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Flash Fire
-Overheat
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Dragon Pulse

This is where the team gets a bit iffy in my mind, Heatran is good don't get me wrong, but the lack of a buff move like CM worries me slightly. The setup is pretty simple, Overheat for STAB and the other 3 for coverage, but I'm not sure if he's a weak link.

Gengar @Life Orb
Timid Nature -Shadow Ball -Thunderbolt -Focus Blast -Energy Ball

Gengar is pretty awesome, and his coverage is amazing, as are his Special Attack and Speed. He's better than Heatran, but I'm still worried by his lack of a buff move.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychic

Special Attacker Lucario is fun because people don't expect him, and so he can catch a few people off guard. That said, he feels slightly redundant and underpowered on this team, leading me to think if I made Thundurus a full on Sweeper, he would get relegated in favour of my new lead.

Right, thats my team so far, its a work in progress, and advice would be greatly appreciated! Also I do realise my biggest weakness atm is Blissey, but i can't see much of a way around that.

Thanks in advance

It's really not a good idea to go full-throttle spa or phys
Liek you said things that can take spA hits well will be problematic for you
for example, things like tyranitar (esp since many go spdef as well nowadays) is going to be a pain for this team.

Really, I think use both specials and fisical attacks is an ``obligation´´

With that team, Chansey and Blissey make you lose 6-0.
You haven´t got any recovery move, so, Seismic Toss is 3HKO-4HKO in all your team.
They can Stall you with toxic or thunder wave if they carry it.
However, Gengar has inmunity to both Seismic Toss and Toxic, but get 3HKO/4HKO by Ice Beam / Flamethrower of Blissey.

And other Special walls can stall you to. As olijolly said, Tyranitar walls Heatran, Latios and Thundurus.

So, if you don´t want to change your team try this:

-LO lucario -> SD/Choice Band Luke.

-Thundurus can be mixed with Hammer Arm in order to hit Blissey, Chansey and Tyranitar.

-You can use a RestTalk version of Suicune with 2 purposes: 1) Get an status absorber in your team. 2) Make your team more Bulky.

-Latios can get Specs for more inmediatly damage, and with Trick it can destroy counters such as Ferrothorn, Chansey/Blissey, Tyranitar etc... u can use it with Draco Meteor, Psycho Shock and Thunderbolt/Surf.

-Heatran can be used with a SubToxic combination in order to have a status move.

-I think that Gengar isnt good at all... try the SubPainSplit set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)