Hello, please take a look (OU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started playing pokemon showdown after watching some videos on YouTube and would appreciate any help/suggestions!

The Team:
=== Untitled 1 ===

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Protect

Jirachi has resistances to grass and ice types, plus he has wish support and a way to spread paralysis. The entire set was the recommended one on this site. I like the set, maybe the EVs need changing.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon was added because he is bulky and messes with weather teams. The strategy for him recommended SDef over Def, I am not sure if it even helps taking politoed attacks, however. Whirlwind will help if I find a way to get entry hazards up and to prevent substitute and stat boosting moves.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

I like Scizor because he has priority and can come in on most attacks. I don't feel like scizor needs to be changed, actually.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

I keep Garchomp around because he is my favorite pokemon. My favorite part of Garchomp is switching into Forretress because they never seem to suspect fire fang.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Rotom is a great defensive pokemon. Will-o-Wisp neuters physical attackers, he has great coverage with Hydro Pump and Volt Switch, but I am not sold on Pain Split. Any suggestions?

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 SAtk / 248 HP / 84 SDef / 104 Spd
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Substitute

The only reason I have Latias is because of her resistances to grass, water, and fire. HP Fire beats Scizor but makes me lose to other pokemon with the same Spd. I definitely feel like she is the weakest link but she has handy resistances

For starters I feel like I need a rapid spinner, and I know for sure I need some entry hazards. Also any help with my EV spreads would be appreciated so please help me out!

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'm still learning how to properly rate, so bear with me. ;-;

Anyways.
-You mentioned hazards for your team; I'd suggest Stealth Rock > Ice Fang. Yes, the lack of a coverage move dents Hippowdon, but honestly, Hippo's set should be used for setting up (due to its great bulk), and phasing, ranking up the hazard damage, with EQ as a STAB, along with Slack Off for recovery.

-For Rotom-W, if you don't fancy Pain Split, Hidden Power [Ice] is a valid option, being able to handle Salamence and Garchomp quite nicely, along with seriously denting Dragonite.

This is an optional change, but through my experience, I've found a mono attack set for Latias work immensely well, which would include Calm Mind > Hidden Power [Fire]. Boasting high defenses, it can set up Sub with ease, and se up CM. Handling Scizor would slow it down, but, Garchomp or Rotom-W would need to rid of it before this set. You should try it out, and see how it works for your team.

That's all I have for your team; hopefully I did ok with it.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi
Rule 3 said:
Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it. The standard description length required is three to four lines, if you need more insight look on the detail part, check out the RMT Archive.
You need a minimum of three lines for each Pokemon. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)