1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Hello, please take a look (OU RMT)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by byk, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byk

byk

I recently started playing pokemon showdown after watching some videos on YouTube and would appreciate any help/suggestions!

The Team:
    === Untitled 1 ===

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Wish
    - Iron Head
    - Protect

Jirachi has resistances to grass and ice types, plus he has wish support and a way to spread paralysis. The entire set was the recommended one on this site. I like the set, maybe the EVs need changing.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Slack Off
    - Whirlwind

Hippowdon was added because he is bulky and messes with weather teams. The strategy for him recommended SDef over Def, I am not sure if it even helps taking politoed attacks, however. Whirlwind will help if I find a way to get entry hazards up and to prevent substitute and stat boosting moves.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

I like Scizor because he has priority and can come in on most attacks. I don't feel like scizor needs to be changed, actually.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang
    - Dragon Claw
    - Swords Dance

I keep Garchomp around because he is my favorite pokemon. My favorite part of Garchomp is switching into Forretress because they never seem to suspect fire fang.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Pain Split
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump

Rotom is a great defensive pokemon. Will-o-Wisp neuters physical attackers, he has great coverage with Hydro Pump and Volt Switch, but I am not sold on Pain Split. Any suggestions?

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 72 SAtk / 248 HP / 84 SDef / 104 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Roost
    - Substitute

The only reason I have Latias is because of her resistances to grass, water, and fire. HP Fire beats Scizor but makes me lose to other pokemon with the same Spd. I definitely feel like she is the weakest link but she has handy resistances

For starters I feel like I need a rapid spinner, and I know for sure I need some entry hazards. Also any help with my EV spreads would be appreciated so please help me out!
  2. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Well, I'm still learning how to properly rate, so bear with me. ;-;

Anyways.
    -You mentioned hazards for your team; I'd suggest Stealth Rock > Ice Fang. Yes, the lack of a coverage move dents Hippowdon, but honestly, Hippo's set should be used for setting up (due to its great bulk), and phasing, ranking up the hazard damage, with EQ as a STAB, along with Slack Off for recovery.

-For Rotom-W, if you don't fancy Pain Split, Hidden Power [Ice] is a valid option, being able to handle Salamence and Garchomp quite nicely, along with seriously denting Dragonite.

This is an optional change, but through my experience, I've found a mono attack set for Latias work immensely well, which would include Calm Mind > Hidden Power [Fire]. Boasting high defenses, it can set up Sub with ease, and se up CM. Handling Scizor would slow it down, but, Garchomp or Rotom-W would need to rid of it before this set. You should try it out, and see how it works for your team.

That's all I have for your team; hopefully I did ok with it.
  3. Jirachee

Jirachee Kaleidoscope
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Hi
    You need a minimum of three lines for each Pokemon. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock this thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)