1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Hello, please take a look (OU RMT)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by byk, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byk

byk

I recently started playing pokemon showdown after watching some videos on YouTube and would appreciate any help/suggestions!

The Team:
    === Untitled 1 ===

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Wish
    - Iron Head
    - Protect

Jirachi has resistances to grass and ice types, plus he has wish support and a way to spread paralysis. The entire set was the recommended one on this site. I like the set, maybe the EVs need changing.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Slack Off
    - Whirlwind

Hippowdon was added because he is bulky and messes with weather teams. The strategy for him recommended SDef over Def, I am not sure if it even helps taking politoed attacks, however. Whirlwind will help if I find a way to get entry hazards up and to prevent substitute and stat boosting moves.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

I like Scizor because he has priority and can come in on most attacks. I don't feel like scizor needs to be changed, actually.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang
    - Dragon Claw
    - Swords Dance

I keep Garchomp around because he is my favorite pokemon. My favorite part of Garchomp is switching into Forretress because they never seem to suspect fire fang.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Pain Split
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump

Rotom is a great defensive pokemon. Will-o-Wisp neuters physical attackers, he has great coverage with Hydro Pump and Volt Switch, but I am not sold on Pain Split. Any suggestions?

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 72 SAtk / 248 HP / 84 SDef / 104 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Roost
    - Substitute

The only reason I have Latias is because of her resistances to grass, water, and fire. HP Fire beats Scizor but makes me lose to other pokemon with the same Spd. I definitely feel like she is the weakest link but she has handy resistances

For starters I feel like I need a rapid spinner, and I know for sure I need some entry hazards. Also any help with my EV spreads would be appreciated so please help me out!
  2. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Well, I'm still learning how to properly rate, so bear with me. ;-;

Anyways.
    -You mentioned hazards for your team; I'd suggest Stealth Rock > Ice Fang. Yes, the lack of a coverage move dents Hippowdon, but honestly, Hippo's set should be used for setting up (due to its great bulk), and phasing, ranking up the hazard damage, with EQ as a STAB, along with Slack Off for recovery.

-For Rotom-W, if you don't fancy Pain Split, Hidden Power [Ice] is a valid option, being able to handle Salamence and Garchomp quite nicely, along with seriously denting Dragonite.

This is an optional change, but through my experience, I've found a mono attack set for Latias work immensely well, which would include Calm Mind > Hidden Power [Fire]. Boasting high defenses, it can set up Sub with ease, and se up CM. Handling Scizor would slow it down, but, Garchomp or Rotom-W would need to rid of it before this set. You should try it out, and see how it works for your team.

That's all I have for your team; hopefully I did ok with it.
  3. Jirachee

Jirachee Kaleidoscope
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Hi
    You need a minimum of three lines for each Pokemon. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock this thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)