Help a noob here!

I'm pretty much new in 5th gen so started creating my own team, I didnt want to focus on weather so, please let me know what you think. Just be gentle with this n00b.
The Star

This is my favorite pokemon and I would prefer to stay with him on this team.

The Team

Heatran F @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

This set was advised by channerz and it has been working very well, I moslt usually can set up SR easily and when im in danger I switch to jellycent.

Scrafty (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Inanimate Blob adviced me this pokemon, andit has been very useful, it works great against most of the threats and it is 2hko by gliscor, thanks alot. The only problem is bounce DD gyarados.

Drancer (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

As i stated above my favorite on the team. Do a DD firstly almost with the guarrranty i'd suvive almost anything with new ability, and start sweeping, fire punch to hit ferrothorn, and mostly any Steel type, Dragon claw is stab attack, and roost would be useful to make multiscale ability work again. Usually switch in when the opponent does an eq to one of my pokemons.

U-mad? (Chansey) (F) @ Evolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Of course this is my special wall, I went for chansey since blissey is much... you know, and well, chansey isnt that bad, should I go for blissey anyways? Considering going toxic over thunder wave.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Brick Break

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite

Everyone likes a scizor, even me, the points is to try to set up SD first and start hitting hard, I've been coinsidering going life orb over leftovers but im not really sure, also, would roost be a nice idea?

(BAN ME PLEASE) (Jellicent) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 4 SAtk / 80 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Boil Over

- Recover

- Ice Beam

- Will-O-Wisp

This is another great wall, very good typing makes it hard to take out, will-o-wisp is it's primary attack as same as boil over, ice beam is again to to take out gliscor. I've been cosindering going surf over boil over, and maybe different EVs​

Threats

Boy i hate this guy, it can take my bullet punchs, and is 3-2HKO by DD dragon claw, only machamp is useful and it will always switch to something. It takes out mostly everything on my team.

This thingy hits hard and takes hard attacks, I dont really know what can take him out. Fling/acrobat 1HKO's me machamp while fling is usually accompanied by taunt wich is a pain to chansey and jellycent.

I need a counter for this guy, by doing one DD it sweeps my entire team. I'd like some help please

Thanks for the help!.

^ what he said.

Also, on Heatran, decide what you want. Bold + no Def investment is kind of wasted; but I personally like my Heatran Specially defensive (takes Draco Meteors and even Surfs from the likes of Latios like a f*ing boss), but that's somewhat redundant, so you can make him physical if you must. Personally, I have a lot of fun with a set of Torment/Protect/Toxic and Magma Plume, though Magma Plume's accuracy is shaky and you are walled to he'll and back by opposing Heatran (what an appropriate image here. I'm kinda proud).

On another note, get a different pic for Dnite, it is just obnoxiously huge.

roaring heatrans are a rare sight indeed but there would be a reason to that. roar has a -1 priority (i think) and all sweeper leads out there are able to at most 2HK a heatran even with balloon. heatran also has more potential for sweeping rather than phazing by switching in on fire attacks coming at scizor.
here's a standard stealth rock set for heatran:
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Dragon Pulse / Taunt
item: Balloon / Shuca Berry
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid
best of all,
Works well both in and out of the lead position.
this may go against the way you play but i believe heatran has more potential sweeping than phazing.

you're machamp is better off having bullet punch instead of substitute because you can kill those lucky focus sashers and fear pokemon. you can also at least do damage to a gliscor and hope for a crit to kill after stealth rock. but if you're versing a gliscor, my first choice would be to switch out to jellicent.

Ok Honestly You are going to have to lengthen your descriptions or this thread may be locked. Also maybe you should read the rules for the RMT section because this isn't exactly what its for.

roaring heatrans are a rare sight indeed but there would be a reason to that. roar has a -1 priority (i think) and all sweeper leads out there are able to at most 2HK a heatran even with balloon. heatran also has more potential for sweeping rather than phazing by switching in on fire attacks coming at scizor.
here's a standard stealth rock set for heatran:
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Dragon Pulse / Taunt
item: Balloon / Shuca Berry
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid
best of all,
Works well both in and out of the lead position.
this may go against the way you play but i believe heatran has more potential sweeping than phazing.
^ what he said.

Also, on Heatran, decide what you want. Bold + no Def investment is kind of wasted; but I personally like my Heatran Specially defensive (takes Draco Meteors and even Surfs from the likes of Latios like a f*ing boss), but that's somewhat redundant, so you can make him physical if you must. Personally, I have a lot of fun with a set of Torment/Protect/Toxic and Magma Plume, though Magma Plume's accuracy is shaky and you are walled to he'll and back by opposing Heatran (what an appropriate image here. I'm kinda proud).

On another note, get a different pic for Dnite, it is just obnoxiously huge.
I will get the evolite item, also I'll try both sets for heatran. Thanks guys

I recommend trying a bulky Scrafty set as a counter to T-tar instead of Machamp. He has great defenses and has a powerful STAB moves. Here's the set I have used:
Impish Scrafty @ Leftovers
Shed Skin (if status is an issue) / Intimidate (helps with T-tar's attack)
252 HP/116 Atk/140 Def
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Crunch/Payback
-Ice Punch/Fire Punch
This way, once he takes out T-tar, you still have use for him. Ice Punch helps with Gliscor and dragons, but I use Fire Punch to deal with Ferrothorn.

I recommend trying a bulky Scrafty set as a counter to T-tar instead of Machamp. He has great defenses and has a powerful STAB moves. Here's the set I have used:
Impish Scrafty @ Leftovers
Shed Skin (if status is an issue) / Intimidate (helps with T-tar's attack)
252 HP/116 Atk/140 Def
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Crunch/Payback
-Ice Punch/Fire Punch
This way, once he takes out T-tar, you still have use for him. Ice Punch helps with Gliscor and dragons, but I use Fire Punch to deal with Ferrothorn.
I'll try that, the only problem is that it is kinda slow, should I go Dragon Dance over bulk up, or stay with bulk up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)