Help AA 40 Year Old Out

With that out of the way I tried to make a successful team, I tried CMRachi and other late game sweepers, only one Pokemon has worked. Weather it be I sucked at the other teams or I just like this Poke. Who knows? It's the best late game sweeper and it's SD Luke. Late game it's just complete fun to watch you SD and sweep while the opponent can't do a thing about it. I chose Luke because my last SD Luke team sucked. This team has been doing great on the ladder and it's defeats have either come from luck or the opponent outplaying me. Enough talk and onto the team.​

..............................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................

252 HP / 168 DEF / 88 SP.DEF

Impish

~Leftovers~

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off

I needed something to set up Rocks but not be a Suicude Lead, I had T-Tar lead but it didn't work for me. Had Swampert and it was the same problem, it set up SR but it didn;t have a purpose or i didn't really fit in. I was going to give in a choose a Suicide lead when I met this Hippo, it SR's, sets up SS (not really a necessity but still...) and it will have something to do later on the battle. Earthquake is for STAB and Ice Fang hits Flygon but Salamence more importantly. Slack Off restores it's mighty HP.

How it helps Lucario

Hippodown helps not only Luke but the team by setting up rocks. It also beats Mence (Not switching in Draco Meteor) and Flygon who tend to stop Luke sweeps. It creates sandstorm which many people have said is needed for a Luke sweep.​

252 HP / 160 ATK / 84 DEF / 14 SP.DEF

Adamant

~Leftovers~

~No Guard~

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge

My first choice for this role has returned, after a suggestion that was given I felt that Hitmontop was a real let down, it didn't have enough power so after considering the rate that was given I felt that it would be beneficial to replace Top with this. I saw this spread somewhere (Think it was Synrals spread) so I decided to use that, with rocks a 2HKO on standard Dos is guaranteed where Zapdos can hope for a 3HKO on me.

How it helps Lucario

Machamp is the statues absorber. It counters the almighty T-Tar with little trouble, it also hits hard...Machamp does something Hitmontop couldn't and that was to actually dent the opposing team, this helps my other Pokes to have a easier time when looking to create a opening for a Luke sweep.

248 HP / 252 ATK / 8 SPEED

Adamant

~Choice Band~

- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

This is on most teams and I see why, it hits hard and with the right prediction it works well, many times I just spam U-Turn and often wait mid / late game and start spamming Bullet Punch, the other two moves are hardly used to be honest.

How it helps Lucario

Scizor helps Lucario by luring in Magnezones, Gyarados, Mence and at times Gliscors and while I U-Turn and go to one of there counters it helps eliminate there Luke counter. Scizor is what I call the "Scouter" I often find that most of there switch in's to Scizor are Lucario counters / revenge killers so this is one of the main Pokes of this team.

104 HP/ 180 SpA/ 224 Spe

Modest

~Choice Scarf~

- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

One of the trickiest Pokes to use in this team, it requires a whole load of prediction as if I bring it out early I never EVER attack. To many T-Tar's just waiting to come in and Pursuit one of my main Pokes. This is the Luke counter / revenge killer, it also beats of Jirachi and Metagross leads. Against Metagross I often switch to this first, the case is when I go into Rotom expecting Explosion, I dodge then they to T-Tar and I'm dead so more times then often their Suicide leads stay alive. =( Ev spread has been tweaked to add more bulk. (Thanks to Giga Pimpact)

How it helps Lucario

Rotom helps take care of opposing Lucario and some Pokes that can survive a SD Close Combat. It also stops Gliscor in it's track, Gliscor don't counter Luke if it's stuck on a Scarf Stone Edge.

252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SPEED

Bold

~Leftovers~

- Surf
- Hidden Power (Electric)
- Wish
- Protect

Vapreon, my Gyarados and Infernape counter. I went 252 / 252 since Ape can 2HKO with Rocks sets up with Close Combat with the standard spread and that was the reason I chose this over Celebi. Wish can also heal up Scizor and Rotom-H which in the long run helps. It also counters Heatran which was another factor over Celebi.

How it helps Lucario

Vaporeons job is to take care on Ape but it's main job is to keep Scizor and Rotom healthy with Wish. If Scizor or Rotom dies the battle gets difficult since both are needed to help eliminate Lucario counters.

252 ATK / 252 SPEED / 4 DEF

Jolly

~Life Orb~

- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Extreme Speed

The star of the show...SD Luke. Most players have answers for this but when the team around it is played correctly there's not much they can do. I've said most of the times to eliminate Mence even though I'm Jolly and the reason was Intimidate. For example I can KO Pert with + 2 attack but +1 I can't and then I die. (Someone verify that) not much really can be said about this, is it standard and it is the best late game sweeper...

How it helps Lucario

It's Lucario.

~Conclusion~

So yeah, constrictive rates and offer reasoning for change. :)

~Final Glance~

This was copied and pasted from another site and this ain't the tourney team for the tourney your thinking off. (Lol shit made little sense to me)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)