XY OU Help With Bulky Team New to pokemon

I made this team around Manaphy and Amoonguss because I saw the Calm mind set and thought It would be a cool idea to build around. Please help me and feel free to add any opinion you have because I'm really new and I really appreciate any help. Any different sets will help but I want the team to be around Manaphy and Amoonguss.

Manaphy
@ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature

- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

I really like Manaphy because of the balanced stats and how it can take some punishment while setting up. I've won games by just getting +2 on him and just rain resting to victory. If there is a different EV spread you guys think will be better please provide one.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Stun Spore

Amoonguss is Manaphy's partner in crime. He sets up the stuns so Manaphy can have an easier time setting up against faster opponents such as Charziard Y. Spore to help the team all around. And The sludge Bomb and wave for stab and to scare rain, and fairy teams.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Since Heatran covers Amoonguss's weaknesses, It made good sense for me to have him. I'm not very confident in having earth power on him but anything suggested will help. Also Since I have fire weakness in Venasaur and Amoonguss, Heatran made good sense.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Has good Synergy with HEatran and can take some Ice attacks while it stalls out with leech seed and healing moves.

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

He is my scarfer to deal with Dragons and Latios and Water types running around and lando T to make sure that I even outspeed the scarf version of Lando or Terrakion. He also hits pretty hard too. If A different Ev spread will be good please suggest.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

The Ferrathorn and Dragon CockBlocker and with Calm mind to help make him it scary.

I actually remembred to make a replay but this one of the Manaphy ones

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-177101518 - Manaphy the god

you could take off amoongus for something more offensive since you are already running 4 bulky mons. Your team deals well with sableye and mew having heatran. Idk how i feel about the manaphy set but your leaves holes open for manaphy to patch up. venusaur+heatran walls offense, raiko comes in and does 25% with vswitch on resistances. Your entire team will walled by a blissey or chansey your entire team is special. those blobs will 6-0 your team change that. Scarf terrakion is good choice.

You do not need both Amoonguss and Venusaur. May I suggest a different spread of 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD on your Ammoonguss? It allows it to take a Play Rough from +6 Azumarill, while being able to handle Keldeo much easier. In order to stop a +6 Azumarill, I would switch Stun Spore to Clear Smog, which stops opposing Pokemon from setting up on Amoonguss.

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Again, your team does not need both AMoonguss and Venusaur, and since you are intent on keeping Amoonguss, I would switch your Venusaur with a Latias. Latias gives you a bulky Defog user that can check Keldeo and Zard Y (you almost always need Keldeo checks), and synergizes well with the rest of the team.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

The spread allows you to live a Life Orb Knock Off from Landorus-I after Stealth Rock, while still giving you a Life Orb number to minimize Life Orb recoil.

I personally do not like Scarf Raikou on this team, and this team lacks a proper check to handle Bisharp, but I will leave somebody else to fix that.

Make these changes, and you should be good for now. Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I will make changes accordingly. What should I have for my Mega Spot? I'm thinking of revamping the team around mega Bro once he comes out officially but Also run Manaphy at the same time. Because It's relatively easy for me to deal with Mega Netric and other grass users once I have a calm mind under my belt. I can One shot scald Netric after rocks.

Last edited:
May I suggest using mega Hera or aggron to replace venusaur? You don't have many physical walls, I mainly think these are suitable for your team as their fire weakness can be covered by heatran.
I'd choose hera for it's better attack versatility but that that being said, it is very prone to statuses.
Aggron on the other hand can set up rocks and can take a ton more hits due to filter and its whopping 230 defence but you need to watch out for bouncers as your team doesn't seem to have any supportive healling or spinners
anyways here are my suggested spreads:
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break/Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
This is basically skill link abuse, close combat does more damage but lowers your defense, (I recommend switching after 1 use and you should get out by the second use, hera is pretty slow) I tend to use brick break because I face a lot of people with dual screens and it annoys me greatly

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave is excellent support. Heavy because you are basically dumping a truck on your opponent (tell me that hurts). Dragon tail is for people trying to set up on you or someone planning to use counter/has you trapped. You could switch this out for roar as it kinda serves the same purpose but doesn't do damage but gets through subs

Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)