Heracross @ Focus Sash
Trait: Guts
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -SpAtk)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Rock Slide is there instead of Stone Edge because this kind of Heracross really can't afford to miss.

What do you think?

Go for it. I think that using any status up move on a sweeper is great with Focus Sash.
Just look out for weather conditions and Stealth Rock/Spikes/Poison Spikes.

What's so special about this Heracross?
As far as I know, Swords Dancing Heracross has been quite standard for as long as it exists.

What does this accomplish that 1,000,000 other things don't accomplish better?

With CS Heracross you can guaranteed outspeed your opponent and kill him before he can even hit you, not only eliminating a need for Focus Sash but freeing up another moveslot where Swords Dance was.

CB/Life Orb Heracross makes Swords Dance a moot point, and with no stat-upping move Focus Sash is pointless anyway to try and get in the boost, because hey, you don't need to get it in because you already have it.

If you were trying to outspeed the opponent so that you could survive him hitting first, then Focus Sash would be understandable. But if he's faster than you, there's no point getting in the Swords Dance because he'll KO you next turn. If you want to be faster than him, go with CS, or Endure+Salac. Either way, Focus Sash is better left to other pokes.

good point, i'll stick to the standard...unless i find some innovative way to use Heracross (nobody will be expecting me to use Horn Attack, bwuahahaha!!!)

if you want to do this kind of strat maybe you should try it with weavile
jolly
focus sash
sword dance
night slash
ice punch
brick break

weavile works much better with the 'hang on with sash for free sword dance' strat since it can outrun alot more than hera. besides I think protect/toxic orb hera works better than this since it cant get killed by sandstorm/spikes/quick attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)