hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has been bothering me for the last year or so and i think it's important i share it

so i log on to po's su server
and 99% of the time
i get dc'd after around 20 seconds
with the exact same message
again and again and again

the only time i'm almost assured not to lag off is
1) when there are like 20 people on
2) when i'm not using a registered nick

the latter makes zero sense to me and i'd really like to know what the fuck

it's very worth noting that this happens only on su's server. not anywhere else.

so does anyone know what is going on and how i can or can't fix it??

I wish I did. It's a very strange phenomenon that a few people report to me. It doesn't happen to me, or a lot of other people, and currently I can find no consistencies between those who it does happen to. It just does. I imagine it's probably something in SU's immense programming script that does it or it could be something to do with connectivity to the IP of the server, but I honestly can't figure out what it is. I'm constantly on the look-out for what might be causing it, and if I ever figure it out I'll let everyone know. Until then, I can only hope it sorts itself out for those it affects.

It's strange that it's been happening for a year, though. This suggests that it's not the script or connectivity to the IP, but maybe something else? I don't know.

it's been happening ever since a month or so after bw came out (yeah, i'm pretty sure it was happening even before we shifted to the "new cap server")

it's probably connected to my internet but.. still, i *am* able to join other servers with a lot less problems, and that's what bugs me. still, thanks for the reply.

(sorry if i was a bit too offensive in the op, i was a bit cranky)

I don't know what to say. It can't be a part of the script or anything, then, since that all changed entirely when I took over. It must have something to do with connectivity between Israel and the USA. I know the other big servers are all hosted overseas (Europe), so perhaps that is their saving grace in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)