Hidden Type

However, Talonflame just obliterates Grass Manaphy even if switched into a predicted Tail Glow. He is only trying to convey that message to you in a humorous way. :)

and talonflame is walled by plenty of things. it's called a check, every mon has them, and it has nothing to do with their viability

Last edited:
Unless you're Hawlucha in standard.
The difference is that Hawlucha is an unburden sweeper that really only has one shot at setting up, and doesn't have enough power to be worth using otherwise. This makes the two non-comparable, as Manaphy can quickly and easily set up, and doesn't mind switching out afterwards nearly as much.

The difference is that Hawlucha is an unburden sweeper that really only has one shot at setting up, and doesn't have enough power to be worth using otherwise. This makes the two non-comparable, as Manaphy can quickly and easily set up, and doesn't mind switching out afterwards nearly as much.
I'm not trying to compare them, just pointing out that checks (and counters) can alter viability in certain instances.

Ok so I was messing around in the teambuilder the other day for a semistall team in this meta and looked a M-Blastoise. It seemed really cool because it could take on a lot of spinblockers and isn't passive af. What do you all think would be a good type for it? I think I went for Rock type atm because it can come in and resist rocks to spin (and my team needs a 4x resist to fire lol) and also because it helps me beat stuff like Zard X a little easier (idk how common zardx will be in this meta, but my team is super weak to it w/o toise).

tldr: what type should I use for M-Toise bc Toise looks cool in this meta.

I can see fighting type being really good, because, as keldeo has shown, it's a very strong offensive typing, and toise has access to mega-launcher aura sphere

Ok so I was messing around in the teambuilder the other day for a semistall team in this meta and looked a M-Blastoise. It seemed really cool because it could take on a lot of spinblockers and isn't passive af. What do you all think would be a good type for it? I think I went for Rock type atm because it can come in and resist rocks to spin (and my team needs a 4x resist to fire lol) and also because it helps me beat stuff like Zard X a little easier (idk how common zardx will be in this meta, but my team is super weak to it w/o toise).

tldr: what type should I use for M-Toise bc Toise looks cool in this meta.
Rock doesn't resist Rock.

Since it's a spinner, STAB Mega Launcher Dark Pulse to hurt Spinblockers seems like the best thing you can do offensively. Fighting gives you Rock resist and STAB Mega Launcher Aura Sphere. Ground doesn't give you a good attack, but it does mean you resist SR and have only 1 weakness, and Electric immunity.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Water/Dragon is another fantastic type combo both defensively and offensively. Blastoise also gets a powerful Mega Launcher Dragon Pulse to go with it too.

Rock doesn't resist Rock.

Since it's a spinner, STAB Mega Launcher Dark Pulse to hurt Spinblockers seems like the best thing you can do offensively. Fighting gives you Rock resist and STAB Mega Launcher Aura Sphere. Ground doesn't give you a good attack, but it does mean you resist SR and have only 1 weakness, and Electric immunity.
lol so pro confused w/ Exca. Dark Pulse sound p cool I just need something to check zardx, but i will certainly give dark a shot to get STAB on dark pulse

The Reptile water/drag sounds p cool it just opens me up for zardx. Do you think fairy would work? I wouldn't get any cool stabs to play with, but it would shut down zard x :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] (sorry for all the ]'s but im tired after studying and i dont make much sense atm)

lol so pro confused w/ Exca. Dark Pulse sound p cool I just need something to check zardx, but i will certainly give dark a shot to get STAB on dark pulse

The Reptile water/drag sounds p cool it just opens me up for zardx. Do you think fairy would work? I wouldn't get any cool stabs to play with, but it would shut down zard x :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] (sorry for all the ]'s but im tired after studying and i dont make much sense atm)
No, fairy wouldn't work because you can't add fairy. If you want to check charix then you have to have either fighting or dark or a different pokemon

Yeah, definitely go with fighting / dark. They are both very good STAB combinations made stronger by the power of Blastoise's moves. I wanna try that now, tbh

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
something thats been bothering me is how ditto would work in this meta, since transform retains dittos hidden power, does that mean ditto keeps the hidden type you gave him?

Having a lot of fun on the ladder, surprised at how solid my team actually is (Most of the time when I ladder on an alternate meta my first team is gimmicky and weak), and also surprised at how I've only had one match where the guy clearly hadn't understood the meta's thing.

I've liked seeing in action how this warps some interactions. Gardevoir is basically a hard counter to Heatran (Because it's always Flying), instead of the other way around!

I haven't read the whole thread, so this may have been brought up already, but has anyone noticed that Steel/Electric/Flying only has one weakness in Fire? I'm currently trying out Magnezone, and I want to give Zapdos a try as well.

I've fought a few flying Magnezones and they're really disappointing. But maybe that's just because I have water Gliscor which completely walls Magnezone.

Who do you all think is the best hazard setter in this meta? I've been giving Dark Crustle a try to hit Lati@s harder with Knock Off on the switch and then 4 threats + ghost bisharp.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This metagame looks like a lot of fun, tho i'm now tempted to try Air Balloon Ghost/Dark/Poison Stallbreaker Sableye as gimmicky as that sounds.

Bulky Flying Mega Aggron with the Elemental punches is threat. Take it from me. Also try Steel Rotom-W with the standard ChestoRest set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)