Hidden Type

I TOLD YOU! EXCADRILL IS A STAPLE! Replay against The Immortal's awesome new team (here) cites evidence regarding how good it is. Other Flying Excas are perhaps the only ones that can retaliate scarfed variants.

Here's a good defensive core I've been experimenting with:

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 SpD
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Air Slash

As anyone who's faced a Skarmory knows, Steel/Flying is an amazing defensive typing. Assault Vest Tornadus takes advantage of all those resistances, by switching in on hits, knocking off items and then using fast U-turns to regenerate any damage. The moveset can be tweaked depending on what you need to hit, but this thing can be hard to take down without strong Fire or Electric attacks.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Stealth Rock / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind / Toxic
- Slack Off

Swampert was also a good tank with its Water/Ground typing and good bulk, but Water/Ground Hippowdon is even better thanks to 108/118/72 defenses and reliable recovery in the form of Slack Off. Its one weakness (Grass) is x4 resisted by Tornadus, and Hippo can easily take any Fire or Electric attacks aimed at Tornadus, making them a great duo.

heatran has the most 4× resisntences with 5 (bug/grass/fairy/ice/steel), does anyone know if it's possible to have more then 5 4× resistences with 3 types?

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
This may be a bad type for Heatran, but Fire/Steel/Electric has 4x resists to all of the above and also Flying.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I know! Give a Rotom-H the following IVs:

31/31/31/31/30/31

This makes it a Fire/Electric/Steel type with Levitate.

All right, I think it's time to unveil it.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Roost
- Toxic
- Aqua Tail
- Knock Off/Protect

Water Gliscor is an improvement upon Hippowdon in just about every way and is the premier check to ExcaConk. Poison Heal, access to Roost, STAB Aqua Tail to hit Excadrill/Heatran hard, and Knock Off to cripple Mews(Not to mention Poison Heal mechanics make Knock Off worthless against Gliscor himself). What more could you ask for in a physical wall? Only weak to Grass and Ice x2, Gliscor is happy to take any physical hits thrown at him, and has enough special bulk to take down a Gengar. The one thing that Hippo has over Gliscor is the ability to Whirlwind away any annoying setup sweepers like Crocune or Clefable, so if your team struggles with those mons, Hippowdon might be the way to go instead.

Some calcs for the folks at home:

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 118-140 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- 99% chance to 4HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.1%) -- 79.3% chance to 4HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 76-91 (21.4 - 25.7%) -- 1.2% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 57-68 (16.1 - 19.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 46-54 (12.9 - 15.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gliscor: 166-196 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

0 Atk Gliscor Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 97-115 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Gliscor Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 278-330 (77 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Gliscor Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 136-162 (51.9 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Gliscor Aqua Tail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 141-166 (53.8 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Gliscor is best paired with a teammate who can take any special Grass or Ice hits, like w0rd's Tornadus.

Dragon/Flying/Steel Dragonite. Steel's weaknesses are covered and steel stops rock, dragon, and fairy completely and halves ice. Stall/Shuffle works well. Does lose a little cuz moveslot, tho.

Dragon/Flying/Steel Dragonite. Steel's weaknesses are covered and steel stops rock, dragon, and fairy completely and halves ice. Stall/Shuffle works well. Does lose a little cuz moveslot, tho.
You don't need to actually have Hidden Power on a Pokemon, you just need the IVs that produce that Hidden Power. If you don't modify IVs you'll automatically add Dark, for instance. There's no wasted move.

Okay, so all this talk about 8x SR weaknesses, and no one has been stupid enough to bring one. I can confirm that a Fire/Flying/Ice Charizard only takes 50% from SR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)