Hipstermons go! Galladiator vs. SubwayJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trainers are in pitch black. As they wait patiently, they hear a distant, muffled roar. A cool feminine voice pierces the darkness: "Combatants, please prepare yourself for the beginning of the match." The voice cuts off, an each trainer clenches their fists, their minds preparing for what they are about to face. The tension in the rooms is palpable. Suddenly, a loud click resonates through each chamber, and a thin line of light pierces the darkness near the floor. With a low rumble, the line of light grows into a rectangle and begins to fill the rooms as the doors to the combatant's chambers slide upwards. As they open, the muffled roar booms, filling the air and drowning out the sound of the doors. With another click, the doors stop, and the voice reappears, saying, "Combatants, you may enter the field of competition. Good luck." The trainers step into the light without hesitation, and the cheering crowd becomes louder. They've done this countless times before. When they reache their positions, the crowd falls silent, as the ref, a man dressed in yellow and black, bearing a striking resemblance to the gym leader Blaine, grabs the mike and announces, "Ladies and Gentlemen! Children of all ages! Welcome to the ASB Arena!" The crowd cheers again. When they silence, the ref, only known as Complications, continues, "Tonight's entertainment is brought to you by veteran trainers Galladiator and SubwayJ! Let's take a look at their Pokemon!

In the red corner:
Galladiator said:
Sorry it took so long. Thanks for reffing this.

Cacnea [Pablo] (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Spe, -10% evasion)

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Water Absorb (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30 (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 2/6
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Moves:
Poison Sting
Leer
Absorb
Growth
Leech Seed
Sand-Attack
Pin Missile
Faint Attack
Ingrain
Cotton Spore
Sucker Punch
Needle Arm

Counter
Low Kick
Teeter Dance

Protect
Brick Break
Energy Ball

Total Moves: 18
And in the blue corner:
SubwayJ said:

Candy Land the Snorunt (M)
Nature: Quirky (No effect on stats)

Type:
Ice:
Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilities:
Inner Focus:
(Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Ice Body: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.
Moody (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's feelings are always fluctuating, and its mood at any given time greatly influences how it can act from one round to the next. In addition to its general nature, this Pokemon displays a burst of emotional power each round that shares characteristics with other natures, affecting the Pokemon's Ranks directly. At the end of each round the Pokemon changes its Moody nature (roll out of 25 R1 and out of 24 in subsequent rounds), a nature that has the regular drawbacks of a nature but enhances that nature's strengths.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect

Bide
Disable
Hex

Safeguard
Frost Breath
Return

Thanks for reffing! Ohh and a couple things. I get my DC for this match and unlock Moody upon entry. And to save a post, my ability will be moody and my Item shall be a Lucky Egg!

"Well well," Complications continues. "It looks like SubwayJ might have a bit of an advantage here, but I've seen stranger victories pulled off by the underdog! Now I don't want to waste your time, so without further ado, the rules and turns!"

1v1 LC Singles
2 day DQ
ASB Arena
No Chills/Recoveries
Training Items
2 subs
Switch=KO
One Ability​

Seeing as Subway has kindly posted his item and ability,
Galladiator chooses item, ability, and orders.
SubwayJ orders.
I ref.
SubwayJ orders.
Galladiator orders.
I ref.
Repeat without changing items/abilities.

"Oh, sure. Counterteam me just because I'm a candidate for Grass Gym Leader. Why not, seeing as I've got no hope of winning regardless.

Anyway, there isn't much sand here, but I think Sand Veil should do the job nicely, especially since we don't have Water Absorb yet.

Oh, and take this Lucky Egg, Pablo. We're going to milk this battle for everything we possibly can."

Leech Seed, Brick Break, Energy Ball
IF Protect THEN Growth and push
IF Headbutt THEN Counter and push

I honestly didn't counterteam, I just got this Snorunt from Maxim in a trade and I need to evolve it :P

Frost Breath-Powder Snow-Frost Breath

Pablo
Energy: 100

Candy Land
Energy: 100

Action 1
Candy Land used Frost Breath!
Hit: Irrelevant
Crit: Guaranteed
(4+3+3+3-3)1.5=15 Damage!
4 Energy

Pablo used Leech Seed!
Hit: <901/1000=Hit. 349=Yes.
Candy Land was seeded!
10 Energy

-3HP Candy Land
+3HP Pablo
Action 2
Pablo used Powder Snow!
Crit: 803=No!
Effect: <101/1000=Frozen. 134=No!
(4+3+3-3)1.5=10.5 Damage!
3 Energy

Pablo used Brick Break!
Crit: 318=No
(8+6-3)1.5=16.5 Damage!
6 Energy

-3HP Candy Land
+3HP Pablo
Action 3
Crit: Guaranteed
4 Energy

Pablo used Energy Ball!
Crit: 384=No
Effect: <101/1000=-SDef. 979=No
8+3+4.5-3=12.5 Damage!
6 Energy

-3HP Candy Land
-3HP Pablo

Moody
21=Timid! (+30% Speed, +2x Accuracy, -1 Atk)

Sorry guys, no time for flavor :/ (I might edit some in later...)

Pablo
HP: 52
Energy: 78

Candy Land
Energy: 89
Seeded (3A)
Timid Nature 1/2/2/2/65​

(I was only joking about the counterteaming bit, by the way. Although I must admit that my status as Grass Gym candidate has done me no favors in that regard.)

"Let's see what we can do..."

Protect, Brick Break, Protect

Pablo
Energy: 78

Candy Land
Energy: 89
Seeded (3A)
Timid Nature 1/2/2/2/65

Action 1
Pablo used Protect!

Crit: Irrelevant
Pablo Protected itself!
8 Energy

13.2 Energy Pablo

-2HP Candy Land
+2HP Pablo
Action 2
Candy Land used Powder Snow!
Crit: 529=No
Effect: <101/1000=Yes. 741=No.
(4+3+3-3)1.5=10.5 Damage!
3 Energy

Pablo used Brick Break!
Crit: 726=No
(8+6-3)1.5=16.5 Damage!
6 Energy

-2HP Candy Land
+2HP Pablo
Action 3
Pablo used Protect!

Hit:Irrelevant
Crit: Irrelevant
Pablo Protected itself!
4 Energy

13.2 Energy Pablo

-2HP Candy Land
+2HP Pablo

Moody:
21=Hasty! (+30% Speed, +2X Accuracy, -1 Defense)

Two little Pokemon face off against eachother, one with a clear type advantage... but it doesn't display that well in this round! Pablo starts by raising its arms into the air, creating a shimmering blue sphere around itself. Candy Land does its best to hit Pablo with a burst of cold breath from its perpetual frown, but fails as the cold air blasts past Pablo's energy shield. Next Candy Land launches a small flurry of ice cold snow, weakly striking Pablo, who in turn responds by swinging its arm and chopping Candy Land across its face for good damage. Finally, Pablo erects another Protective barrier as Candy Land once again tries to attack, all the while stealing Candy Land's health with Leech Seeds. All-in-all, the cactus is beating the... thing.

Pablo
HP: 47
Energy: 56

Candy Land @ Exp. Share
HP: 29
Energy: 74
Timid Nature 2/1/2/2/65

Galladiator has been disqualified from the match. Congratulations SubwayJ! You have won the match!

Fabulous Prizes:
SubwayJ gets 2 CC and a win!
Candy Land gets 1 EC, 3 MC, and a DC!

I get 1 UC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)