Hit or (mostly) miss team

This team has an erratic record. It either sweeps or dies. Unfortunately, it usually does the latter. Any advice would be appreciated.

The Special Sweeper - Clamperl
rattled/deepseatooth
timid 248SpA/80SpD/180Spe
-Shell Smash
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass)
Rattled provides the occasional speed boost to support double SpA from the tooth and allow for a smashless sweep. Shell smash because it's shell smash (nothing need be said). Surf and ice beam are powerful moves with 100% accuracy that will one shot anything that doesn't resist it with serious bulk. HP grass gives near perfect coverage to take down even the bulkiest waters. Clamperl sets up quickly making it great for breaking walls or stomping others that set up without shell smash. Only real threats it has encountered are tough electric/grass, prankster encores, and strong priority moves.

The Muscle - Cubone
rock head/thick club
brave 116Hp/196Atk/196SpD
-Double Edge
-Bonemerang
-Fire Punch
-Substitute
Cubone's speed is just enough that it can out speed in tailwinds and trick rooms. Once again, racial item for a power boost. Double edge and bonemerang hit hard and reliably. Bonemerang even hits twice to break subs. Fire punch hits hard against grass and bugs like ferroseed, shelmet, and pineco. Sustitute if you fear an incoming status. It unfortunately does not function well without support from trick room, baton pass, or tailwind. However, when he has screens and trick room/tailwind set up, he is nearly unstoppable.

The Wall - Bronzor
Levitate/eviolite
Relaxed 228HP/52Def/228SpD
-Trick Room
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic
This guy has 0 power against dark type. I know that first hand. I may switch psychic for iron head/flash cannon. It doesn’t matter too much because he doesn’t fight much. He sets up trick room for cubone and golett, builds walls to switch more safely and hightails it out of there leaving the sweep to a power house. Whether I use a psychic or steel move, steels and slowpoke will always wall him.

The Vengeance - Elekid
Static/expert belt
-Cross Chop
-Wild Charge
-Ice punch
-Substitute
Comes in, revenge kills, does as much damage as it can/retreats. Neutral coverage and decent balance of power and accuracy. Sub stops statuses still. Unfortunately he lacks power for anything more than a revenge kill. His only perk is great speed. He is easily walled by pretty much anything that has eviolite or recovery.

The Phantom – Golett
Iron Fist/eviolite
Adamant 244Atk/116Def/148SpD
-Fire Punch
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Drain Punch
This guy is cubone with more bulk, less power, no sub, recovery, and GHOST TYPE for free switch ins against fighting and normal moves. Ghost/ground typing is nice for the free switch in on fake out, high jump kick, or volt switch. In screened tailwinds and trick rooms, he can do almost as much damage as cubone and shrug off what he takes.

The Bouncer – Natu
Magic bounce/eviolite
Bold 108HP/160Def/240SpD
-Tailwind
-Roost
-Hidden Power (Flying)
-Psyshock
THE magic bouncer in LC. Between hidden power and psyshock, his only real walls (that I can think of) are steels that aren't ferrothorn and slowpoke. Magic bounce can give a free switch in to status and, in combination with roost, supply decent walling power. In a pinch, he tailwinds before dying and lets cubone and golett take over.

So far clamperl and cubone have done well. When I sweep people, they are usually the big hitters. Golett has done well as a some what bulky ghost type switch in. 3 immunities has been nice for free entry. Between magic bounce and tailwind, natu is a big supporter for cubone. The Real drag on this team is elekid and bronzor. I like having a trick roomer to mess with scarf teams but I am wondering if I can do better than bronzor. I like elekid's speed but that is all he has. Any ideas for a revenge killer that can out speed misdreavus and ponyta, preferably without scarf. I might consider scarf on a u-turn/volt switcher.

Your descriptions are quite short, please improve them to the standards of RMT. Check out the RMT Archive and other open threads to see the kind of detail is sufficient.

diglett could replace elekid but you'd be horribly water/grass weak, give elekid a life orb for more power as the attack you have dont hit much super effectively.

Personally i'd replace bronzor for another tail wind user as trick room could be detrimental to your elekid while tailwind will only help it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)