move 2: Mach Punch
move 3: Close Combat
move 4: Sucker Punch / Bullet Punch / Stone Edge
item: Life Orb
ability: Technician
nature: Adamant
evs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The multitude of priority moves this set carries allows Hitmontop to deal a steady amount of damage before the opponent can hit you back. It functions particularly well as a late game sweeper, where residual damage from entry hazards and your other attacks start to take their toll on your opponent's Pokémon. The EVs given are for maximum Attack, 180 Spe is enough to outpace max speed base 40s but more importantly allows you to outrun your fellow base 70s who invest minimum Spe EVs and the leftovers from both are dumped into HP.</p>

<p>Close Combat is a useful OHKO on Blissey and Cradily, and hurts the usual bulky Pokémon that switch into Fighting-types, such as Swampert, Hippowdon, and Skarmory, for about 45% damage on average. The Technician boost that Fake Out + Mach Punch / Bullet Punch receive allows Hitmontop to KO (after Stealth Rock damage) the usual Jolteon, Roserade, and Infernape, while also doing high damage to other frail sweepers. Mach Punch is a OHKO on Weavile, Porygon-Z and Tyranitar, all of which are common threats.</p>

<p>For the last slot you have three options to choose from, Sucker Punch deals with all those frail Ghosts and hits Psychics for good damage if they're looking to damage you. Bullet Punch is great for dealing damage to Pokémon such as Heracross ( which is nearly a 2HKO after Stealth Rock, so if its taken any extra damage, you can use Fake Out + Bullet Punch to finish it off), and Salamence (with you switching in on it, so as to not be affected by Intimidate). Stone Edge on the other hand is for when you find Salamence / Gyarados switching in too often. It also prevents Zapdos from entirely walling you</p>.

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Earthquake / Aerial Ace / Mach Punch
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Hitmontop is slow, Intimidate, respectable Defenses hampered only by its low HP and a handful of useful resistances make it a decent Choice Bander. Sucker Punch gives it a good relatively high powered move to take on all those Psychics / Ghosts who will undoubtedly prey on Hitmontop with their resistances / immunities to its STAB attacks. The EVs generate maximum Attack and 222 Spe enough to outrun neutral max Speed base 60s. The remaining EVs should be dumped into HP. If Speed is an issue you can go ahead and increase Hitmontop's Speed all the way up to 230, allowing it to outrun all positive max Speed base 55 and below.</p>

<p>The 4th slot is really up to the user's choice on what he/she feels his/her team lacks and therefore wants Hitmontop to cover in its moveset. Earthquake takes care of Toxicroak and Nidoqueen who either resists all of Hitmontop's attacks or has the Defenses to actually take a hit in the case of Nidoqueen. Aerial Ace helps against those Grass, fellow Fighting types, and has the added bonus of absolutely destroying Heracross. Mach Punch can be used as a secondary priority move and actually benefits from both STAB and Technician effectively raising its base power to 90.</p>

Thanks have a nice day ^^.

Special thanks Mekkah for fixing up the title of this thread.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Actually Choice Band could use the update too (I can do this or you can). As you've mentioned Sucker Punch isn't a horrible option alongside his moveset used and such. Close Combat / Sucker Punch / Stone Edge / Mach Punch or whatever the last move is wanted has worked for me. Double Priority is quite useful in regards to having few resists.

Both done thanks CM. The TechniTop EV spread is what I ended up using after testing it extensively in both OU and UU.

The Choice Band set however I'm a bit iffy on I mentioned that one could run up to 230 Spe (it could help against opposing Jolly CB Relicanths / Cacturnes, etc). But I'd like more feedback on it please I'll remove it if people don't deem it necessary.

Thanks have a nice day ^^.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)