Hiyakkii (QC 0/3)

breh

強いだね
Is claw sharpen really worth it? While NP has at least a little potential, claw sharpen is just.. lol

I heavily suggest removing any and all claw sharpen sets.

Oh and the first set should run LO.

Is claw sharpen really worth it? While NP has at least a little potential, claw sharpen is just.. lol

I heavily suggest removing any and all claw sharpen sets.

Oh and the first set should run LO.
Claw Sharpen is Hiyakkii's only offensive boosting move, and whether you think it's useless or not, it should be included.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Another Bloo / Setsuna post, what a surprise:

There's absolutely no need to have the Substitute sets you have listed in your OP. They're basically the same exact thing as the Nasty Plot / Claw Sharpen sets, respectively, making them superfluous. By making separate sets for them, the analysis will look messy, which certainly isn't good. Just mention Substitute as an option in Optional Changes, IMO. Additionally, mention the possibility of Gluttony in conjunction with boosting berries in Optional Changes as well.

On the 'Nasty Plot' set, you have too many slashes listed in the fourth slot. Relegate Hidden Power Electric to Additional Comments to make the set look more succinct. Focus Blast / Grass Knot, in my opinion, are more useful than HP Electric. Grass Knot strikes all Water-types, including Swampert and other not-so-common 'mons like Quagsire, super effectively, while still being able to put a dent in Burungeru just like HP Electric. HP Electric does have the benefit of hitting Gyarados and some other Water-types like Vaporeon harder, but overall, I'd say Grass Knot should take precedence over HP Electric because of the aforementioned.

Focus Blast should also be the first option listed in the fourth slot because it allows this little monkey to fight back against Natorrie. Taunt should be mentioned in Additional Comments. It's useful for stopping Blissey from poisoning or paralyzing you with Toxic or Thunder Wave, respectively.

Expert Belt should be moved to Additional Comments with Life Orb being the main option since it increases Hiyakki's damage output, allowing it to break through things more effectively. You can mention Leftovers in Additional Comments and talk about the possibility of taking some EVs out of Special Attack and putting them in HP for a bulkier approach.

Now, onto the 'Choice' set: it needs an Additional Comments section. Make sure to add it when you get a chance. Remove Blizzard as a slash. Its accuracy is horrible, making it a bad move to be locked into. Ice Beam is sufficient enough for an Ice move. You should also probably talk about the differences between Timid and Modest to help the reader decide which to run. Does the loss in power given from Timid matter? What threats are faster than me if I run Modest? etc, you know what to do here.

Well, that's all. The last thing I'll do is fix your format for the above sets to make it conform to standards. At the end of the day, your sets should look like the following if you implement our suggestions:

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Surf / Hydro Pump
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Focus Blast / Grass Knot
item: Life Orb
ability: Torrent
nature: Timid
evss: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

• Changed all "Move 1" etc, to "move 1", etc.
  • SpAtk should be SpA and Spd should be Spe.
  • Omitted HP Electric and made Focus Blast the first listed option in the last option with Grass Knot as a slash.
  • Life Orb is now the main item option.

[SET]
Name: Choice
move 1: Surf / Hydro Pump
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Hidden Power Electric
move 4: Focus Blast / Grass Knot
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
ability: Torrent
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

• Changed all "Move 1" etc, to "move 1", etc.
  • SpAtk should be SpA and Spd should be Spe.
  • Removed Blizzard as a slash.

Once this is all fixed, I'll approve this for you.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Again, my approval is pending on these changes as well. Make sure you revise all the information in the above post before implementing it in your OP, that way you won't miss any important detail while editing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)