ORAS OU Honeybush's HO Sqaud ft. Slurpuff

Honeybush's HO Squad ft. Slurpuff

by TheBumBleBeeBoy
#diggersbytho #diggersbylike #earbeatdown #earsonfleek #andthatshowthebeestings

Introduction
Sup frens! I'm TheBumbleBeeBoy and this is my Diggersby HO Squad.
I made this squad, because Diggersby... wait... I don't need a reason to use Diggersby, cause Diggersby is a boss... like... just... Diggersby tho! Diggersby go right up to your mons and beat them down with his ears, his ears! Diggersby goes up to Arceus and Arceus forfeits, Diggersby go grab your mon and beat it TF down with its effing ears! Like DIGGERSBY THO! JUST! JUST! DIGGERSBY THO! LIKE DIGGERS-EFFFING-BY THO! YOU SEE DIGGERSBY, YOU STFU! DIGGERSBY THO!

Proof of 1670+ Elo Peak

Team Building Process

Diggersby is a boss (#diggersbytho), but Gengar walls TF out of it.

Gengar hates Bisharp, boom, Bisharp.

Bisharp excels at screwing over defoggers, but the team had no hazards, boom, HO G Hazard setter, Azelf.

Bisharp once again comes into play, because Bisharp is partnerless (Diggersby is lone bunny), boom, mega Gallade, thus completing the Bish + Medi/Lade core.

The team, although having mega Gallade was not the fastest, also it was also it was weak to Talonflame, so I needed something that provided help with speed and birds… boom, Thundurus.

Nearing the end of this build I noticed the team has a lot of trouble against mega Sableye, so I needed a fairy… but not any fairy… no mega fairies… not Clefable or Sylveon, because they’re boring… I got it! Slur-effing-puff, Slurpuff getting the addition of Drain Punch makes Slurpuff a monster percussionist who beats down steels, also Slurpuff is hella fun to use.

In-Depth Squad Overview

Honeybush (Diggersby) (F) @

Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I chose Diggersby, because Diggersby is an underrated beast, who surprisingly works well as putting holes in the opposing team. I chose SD, because it brings Diggersby’s strength to immense heights. I chose Frustration and Earthquake, because they’re both strong STAB moves. I chose Quick Attack, because it provides priority, which is helpful, being that Diggersby is not that fast, 1HKO faster mons at +2 who think they’re better than Diggersby. I chose Life Orb, because it boost of Diggersby’s moves. I chose 196 Spe, because 252 is only helping it speed tie other Diggersby, 196 Spe is to speed creep mons speed creeping Bisharp. The rest of the EVs are self-explanatory. Adamant nature is too boost Diggersby’s Atk.
---------

Sam Yu Ri Lee (Bisharp) (M) @

Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

I chose Bisharp, because the team MVP, Diggersby, gets completely walled by Gengar and Bisharp puts up a good fight against Gengar (WoW, D-Bond, Sub, Disable, Focus Blast Gengar makes Bisharp sad). I chose Knock Off, because it provides utility and STAB. Sucker Punch provides STAB and priority and it helps against Focus Blast Gengar. Pursuit is for eliminating threats like Latios, Latias, and especially Gengar. Iron Head is to hurt fairies and Tyranitar. I chose Black Glasses to boost Bisharp’s main STAB, Dark, without causing harm to Bisharp, which Life Orb would cause. EVs are for maximizing Atk and Spe, Adamant nature is to boost Bisharp’s Atk.
---------

Ol' Willy (Azelf) @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Fire Blast

Bisharp screws over most defoggers, but I didn’t have a hazard setter. I turned to Azelf, the mon that could prevent SR, set SR, and nuke a mon that gets in its way. Chose Stealth Rock to provide punishment for switch-ins on the opposing team and bait in defoggers for Bisharp. Taunt is there to prevent other setters and mons that want to set up on Azelf. Explosion is to hit hard, and it does hit hard, hard AF. Fire Blast is there to surprise Steel types expecting Explosion. Focus Sash is there to allow Azelf to set and nuke. EVs maximize Atk and Spe, allowing Azelf to outspeed and nuke with explosion (the 4 EVs in SPA is for Fire Blast). Nature is Spe boosting to put Azelf in the most optimal Speed. In-battle tip: after setting rocks, say, “boom boom time” or something like that to bait in a Steel, then Fire Blast to hit those Steel types hard… Hella hard.
---------

Get MegaLade (Gallade-mega) @

Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I chose mega Gallade, because Bisharp and Gallade make a good core. Mega Gallade is a setup sweeper with 110 base Spe and a giant Atk that this team needed. Close Combat is there, because CC is Gallade’s strongest and most reliable STAB. Zen Headbutt is for Psychic STAB, because Psychic and Fighting has good offensive synergy. Knock Off is there to provides utility and smacks Psychic types, which resist both of Gallade’s STAB. Swords Dance is to put the setup in setup sweeper. EVs are to maximize Atk and Spe. The nature is to make Gallade-mega the fastest it can be (w/o boost, duh).
---------

Thunder Beads (Thundurus) (M) @

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

I chose Thundurus to deal with Talonflame, provide more Speed, Thunder Wave utility, special attacking presence, and an answer to Skarmory. Thunderbolt is to provide reliable STAB. Thunder Wave is to provide utility and support the slowish MVP Diggersby. HP Ice is to supper effectively hit Ground types. Focus Blast is there to (unreliably) hit Ferro and Tran. Grass Knot is there to hit that anoying peice of crap that is Quagsire Hippowdwon and Quagsire (my team hates Quagsire). Life Orb is to boost Thundurus’ hits. Leftiez provide help against Talon and emphasizes Thundurus' utility. EVs are made to maximize SpA and Spe. The nature is to boost Thundurus’ Spe to its max potential.
---------

HoneyBooBoo (Slurpuff) (F) @

Ability: Unburden
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

I chose Slurpuff, because I needed a Fairy to deal with mega Sableye. Can’t use a mega Fairy and Syleveon and Clefable are boring, so Slurpuff was the next best thing. Play Rough and Drain Punch is there to provide offensive synergy. Belly Drum is to skyrocket Slurpuff’s Atk to great heights and bring Slurpuff to its Sitrus Berry, which in turn, activates Slurpuff’s Unburden, doubling Slurpuff’s Spe. Substitute is to dodge Rotom-Wash’s WoW. 252 EVs in Atk is to maximize Slurpuff’s Atk. 232 EVs Spe is to outspeed scarfed Landorus-T/Darmanitan/Kyu-B, it can’t outspeed scarfed base Spe 99 or above with doubled max Spe, so 232 EVs is the best Spe for Slurpuff in OU IMO. 20 EVs in HP because that was the remaining EVs I could put into HP, that would allow Slurpuff’s HP to be even (needs to be even to be even to activate the berry).
---------

Conclusion

And with that, I conclude my first RMT! This team is a blast to use, my Elo is 1670+ with this team and I’m still climbing. Feel welcome to use the team, but I do ask you keep my amazing nicknames. Please give me your feedback and thoughts! Please leave a like to fulfill my self-esteem! Thanks frens! Later bruh.

Shoutouts
These are the artists who have created the art featured in this RMT. The artist: DashingHero (Diggersby, Slurpuff). I couldn't find the artists for all of the art, but I can safely assume they're all made by DashingHero (sorry if they're not). Check him out! I'd also like to thank Celticpride for suggesting leftiez Thundy!

Replays

Import

;]

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The main mon I'm wandering about is Slurpuff why not use Azzumarill over it let me see some replays of the team

Hey, really cool team, you really blasted some cool pokémon there, Diggersby is a blast to use. However...

1.) Try Skill Swap on Azelf over either Fire Blast or Explosion. It deals with Mega Sableye leads awesomely.

2.) Slurpuff is a cool choice, but... It's beaten by most priority users.

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 24 HP / 4 Def Slurpuff: 96-114 (30.8 - 36.6%) -- 61.4% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 20 HP / 4 Def Slurpuff: 164-194 (52.9 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 24 HP / 4 Def Slurpuff: 91-108 (29.2 - 34.7%) -- 6.3% chance to 3HKO

Yeah, you got it. But no fear, there's a good choice I would recommend you.

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Chesnaught is bulkier naturally, and with Salac it has a nice choice to boost speed. EVs are arranged so after a BD and a Sub it eats Salac. And about priority...

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Chesnaught: 72-85 (22.5 - 26.5%) -- 20.5% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Chesnaught: 61-73 (19 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Chesnaught: 33-40 (10.3 - 12.5%) -- possible 8HKO

Brave Bird and Ice Shard will deal more, but you shouldn't send out Chesnaught before they are eliminated anyway.

Hey, really cool team, you really blasted some cool pokémon there, Diggersby is a blast to use. However...

1.) Try Skill Swap on Azelf over either Fire Blast or Explosion. It deals with Mega Sableye leads awesomely.

2.) Slurpuff is a cool choice, but... It's beaten by most priority users.

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 24 HP / 4 Def Slurpuff: 96-114 (30.8 - 36.6%) -- 61.4% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 20 HP / 4 Def Slurpuff: 164-194 (52.9 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 24 HP / 4 Def Slurpuff: 91-108 (29.2 - 34.7%) -- 6.3% chance to 3HKO

Yeah, you got it. But no fear, there's a good choice I would recommend you.

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Chesnaught is bulkier naturally, and with Salac it has a nice choice to boost speed. EVs are arranged so after a BD and a Sub it eats Salac. And about priority...

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Chesnaught: 72-85 (22.5 - 26.5%) -- 20.5% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Chesnaught: 61-73 (19 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Chesnaught: 33-40 (10.3 - 12.5%) -- possible 8HKO

Brave Bird and Ice Shard will deal more, but you shouldn't send out Chesnaught before they are eliminated anyway.
If Sableye-Mega leads, I'll see to it Slurpuff sweeps. You are correct, Slurpuff is frail to priority, but I've been dealing with priority with ease (I'm 1635!), also Slurpuff is made to setup on Rotom-Wash. Chesnaught is an interesting choice, mega Gallade provides fighting STAB already, but I'll test Chesnaught out. It fulfills similar rolls Slurpuff fulfills. Thanks for your feedback bro, I really appreciate it.

The main mon I'm wandering about is Slurpuff why not use Azzumarill over it let me see some replays of the team
Azumarril is for basic bics, I'm a hipster, I'm revolutionizing the effing meta a great physical mon with Fairy STAB for mega Sableye and priority, but Slurpuff has an attribute that Azu does not have... it sets up on Rotom-Wash, a mon that can certainly cause my team trouble, also when Slurpuff belly drums, she has her speed doubled, so no priority needed. Anyways, cool idea, I'll take Azu for a spin and I've provided some replays, also... thx fren ;]

Nice team there. I would change Slurpuff out for Specs Sylveon. You currently have no way to break Mega Sableye, and that is relatively important when you have Azelf and Gallade, two of the thing in OU given the most trouble by Mega Sab. Sylveon in general is a slower option for a HO team, but the use of DryPassing (aka Baton Passing with no boosts) allows you to retain the momentum that a HO team works hard to gain. You may also want to use Leftovers > Life Orb on Thundurus, because that gives it more longevity and more health to take a Brave Bird or two. TWave Thundurus is more of a supporter, and the power loss isn't too noticeable.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ground
- Baton Pass

^HP Ground lures in Heatran, as Thundurus prefers it gone. HP Fire could be used, but Thundy checks Scizor pretty well.

Hey there, this is a solid HO you got there, i really like it and i hope you wont mind if i uses it a bit to see how good it is. Well i got some tips that could help you here.

- First you said that you're gengar weak, and as you can see your diggersby get totally walled by gengar which is pretty lame, but it might be better to get an autokill (or at least better than 50/50 since it can use focus blast on pursuit) against gengar, thats why i'd suggest to use Scarf Bisharp pursuit , Scarf bisharp is better in your team since it can give you a good momentum against gengar instead of praying for some 50/50 that can put you in a bad position. Plus bisharp scarf make you safer against Gardevoir since you have choice to revenge kill it and also against Tornadus-T/Talon.

- My Second change would have been to swap Slurpuff with Azumarill Belly Drum, because your team is pretty keldeo weak, you have nothing for this and it can come in pretty easily on your team (Bisharp/Diggersby/slurpuff if unburden not activated yet), while azumarill can do same work than slurpuff since they are similar (except unburden) and give you a good answer to keldeo. Plus it make you safer against heatran now.

I Hope I Helped and good luck with the team :]

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Kick / Stone Edge / Suckerpunch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower / Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Nice team there. I would change Slurpuff out for Specs Sylveon. You currently have no way to break Mega Sableye, and that is relatively important when you have Azelf and Gallade, two of the thing in OU given the most trouble by Mega Sab. Sylveon in general is a slower option for a HO team, but the use of DryPassing (aka Baton Passing with no boosts) allows you to retain the momentum that a HO team works hard to gain. You may also want to use Leftovers > Life Orb on Thundurus, because that gives it more longevity and more health to take a Brave Bird or two. TWave Thundurus is more of a supporter, and the power loss isn't too noticeable.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ground
- Baton Pass

^HP Ground lures in Heatran, as Thundurus prefers it gone. HP Fire could be used, but Thundy checks Scizor pretty well.
Pre-test thoughts:

I take on MegaEye with Slurpuff (sub *cough* cough*), but I'll see how Sylveon works. As for Leftiez > LO Thundurus, I can't 2HKO Lati, and if I can't 2HKO Lati, I'll have to switch out to Bish (they still manage to get rocks, LOL) comprising Thundurus's HP, but I'll try that too. Thank you for responding, I'll see how it goes ;]

Post-test thoughts:
  • Leftiez Thundy > LO Thundy (<-- accurate)
  • Sylvy works fine, but it's more fun using Slurpuff

Thanks bruh.

BTW, I gave you a shoutout in the shoutouts.

Last edited:
Hey there, this is a solid HO you got there, i really like it and i hope you wont mind if i uses it a bit to see how good it is. Well i got some tips that could help you here.

- First you said that you're gengar weak, and as you can see your diggersby get totally walled by gengar which is pretty lame, but it might be better to get an autokill (or at least better than 50/50 since it can use focus blast on pursuit) against gengar, thats why i'd suggest to use Scarf Bisharp pursuit , Scarf bisharp is better in your team since it can give you a good momentum against gengar instead of praying for some 50/50 that can put you in a bad position. Plus bisharp scarf make you safer against Gardevoir since you have choice to revenge kill it and also against Tornadus-T/Talon.

- My Second change would have been to swap Slurpuff with Azumarill Belly Drum, because your team is pretty keldeo weak, you have nothing for this and it can come in pretty easily on your team (Bisharp/Diggersby/slurpuff if unburden not activated yet), while azumarill can do same work than slurpuff since they are similar (except unburden) and give you a good answer to keldeo. Plus it make you safer against heatran now.

I Hope I Helped and good luck with the team :]

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Kick / Stone Edge / Suckerpunch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower / Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
Pre-test thoughts:

I'm about to test your Pokes ATM, but I will say that Azu loses to Rotom Wash anyday, MegaEye survives a Play Rough and can WoW, and Ferro beats Azu (bar +6 Knock Off), but Slurpuff loves to setup on Rotom-W (I think I have a replay of it, you can check above), can sub on WoW, and has +6 Drain Punch for Ferro. Also ScarfSharp loses a lot of momentum. Say I kill Gen, then he sets up for sets hazards, but that's only hypothetical, I'll se how it goes. Anyways, thanks for the response fren.

Post-test thoughts:
  • Too much trouble with Rotom-Wash (Azu) :P
  • I may be atheist but I'll stick to praying for thos 50/50's (ScarfSharp), may the lord Areceus (AKA the creator) be by my side.
  • My 1650+ Elo says enough (JK, I'm conceded #psismylife)
  • I deal with Keld in a combination of MegaLade + Thundy
And thanks again feel welcome to use it! ;]

Last edited:
I am testing your Pokes ATM, but I will say that Azu loses to Rotom Wash anyday, MegaEye survives a Play Rough and can WoW, and Ferro beats Azu, but Slurpuff loves to setup on Rotom-W (I think I have a replay of it, you can check above), can sub on WoW, and has +6 Drain Punch for Ferro .Also ScarfSharp loses a lot of momentum. Say I kill Gen, then he sets up for sets hazards, but that's only hypothetical, I'll se how it goes. Anyways, thanks for the response fren.
well i don't think regular bisharp can prevent hazard setup especially if opponent is using thing such as ferro/skarmory/hippowdon, so you're not gaining more momentum here (in addition to not having it against gengar). And saying that you can set up on rotom is pretty situational here because your opponent can also volt switch and then make slurpluff a bit useless since sub will be revealed and he wont will o wisp anymore. Plus as i suggested you can also run superpower on Azumarill for Ferrothorn.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 222-264 (73 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mentioning that most of Sableye are spe def atm (because of klefki dazzling gleam), so i guess you will be able to OHKO them now.

Last edited:
well i don't think regular bisharp can prevent hazard setup especially if opponent is using thing such as ferro/skarmory/hippowdon, so you're not gaining more momentum here (in addition to not having it against gengar). And saying that you can set up on rotom is pretty situational here because your opponent can also volt switch and then make slurpluff a bit useless since sub will be revealed and he wont will o wisp anymore. Plus as i suggested you can also run superpower on Azumarill for Ferrothorn.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 222-264 (73 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mentioning that most of Sableye are spe def atm (because of klefki dazzling gleam), so i guess you will be able to OHKO them now.
I guess I worded wrong (apologies), I meant pursuit would trap Bish in a weak move, allowing the opponent to take advantage. Also, with Azu being able to deal with Ferro it still leaves Rotom-W's trouble in the mix. Yes, Rotom-W can V-Switch, but I haven't met a singe player who hasn't WoW on Slurp's sub, I guess I just have to avoid you on the ladder ;]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)