How can i improve my team (OU)

New to the competitive online battle, as you can see, most my pokemon have a 4, 252, 252 EV spread.

Lead : Darmanitan (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -S.Att)
- U-Turn
- Encore
- Flame Blitz/Fire Punch
- Work Up/ Belly Drum

Lead to see what opponent sets up, if im at a type disadvantage against a ground or rock type, ill u-turn/switch into flygon. If its a water type, ill switch into blissey. If it's a neutral, ill go for the fire punch/flame blitz, and its a set up move, i can go for the encore next turn (if im fast enough) then get a free work up or belly drum.

Flygon (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Att, -S.Att)
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Roast
Just to cover the weakness of darmanitan, fast enough to and strong enough to get some decent chunks of damage, i'm not to sure about the move set, due to the roast and choice scarf option.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Att / 208 Spd
- Agility
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
Revenge killer, the bullet punch should be nice enough to get some K.O's. Also can be used for Flygon to u-turn into, as it covers both the dragon and ice weakness. Set up some agility and so with 500 speed it should be fast enough to K.O some pokemon using STAB meteor mash.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 S.Def / 4 Spd
calm Nature (+S.Def, -Att)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
My Special Wall, used for most special sweepers, or to help darimanitan run away from it water weakness. Wish to heal up with other members, toxic to stall, protect to protect/wish, and seismic toss as an attacking move. Problem is, it can do nothing to gengar.

Yanmega (M) @ Choice Spec
Trait: Tinted Lends
EVs: 4 HP / 252 S.Att / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Att)
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
To help Blissey run away from physical fighting types, its 4x resistance should help a bit, along with its fasts speed. Tinted lends + choice specs means most type wont be able to resist it. Giga Drain to take back some health, and protect to stall, because i dont really know what to put there (maybe another u-turn)?

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 140 Hp / 252 Att / 116 Spd
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
With 225 speed, it will most likely be slower than the other pokemon, allowing me to set up a substitute (assuming i survive, but with 396 def it should be possible), then a shell smash to get up to 450 speed, and 578 att, combined with skill link and STAB icicle spear/razor shell, it might be a late game sweep. Leftover to just slow recover off damage. Problem is pokemon with mach punch/bullet punch/vaccum cut, can take me out pretty easily.

few things. first off, pictures would be nice. walls of text can be boring. second, you simply cannot run yanmega, cloyster, and darmanitan without rapid spin. It's madness. I would say make metagross your go-to lead as it can set up stealth rock and then deal massive damage afterwards. try this set

Metagross @ leftovers
Trait: clear body
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Hammer Arm
-Bullet Punch
with him taking lead position, you might want to trade darmanitan or flygon for a rapid spinner. Tentacruel would help take water hits, but donphan would offer a more offensive option, and comes with ice shard to help kill dragons. If you want blissey to be able to do something to Gengar, give it thunder wave instead of toxic. Then it can slow it down enough for something else on your team to take it out. You can give yanmega rest talk over protect and make him a sleep absorber for your team. he can take on breloom fairly well, and tinted lens means he will be doing at least neutral to almost everything. you might replace giga drain with u-turn as it lets you run when you need to, and even hits fire types for neutral with that tinted lens. Sub is probably not the best option for cloyster. switch in on something you know he can take, get off a shell smash, and then start sweeping. Replace sub with rock blast for better coverage, right now he's walled by water types. There's probably more, but that will get you going. Good Luck!

Okay I'll give some pointers on the Darmanitan, should you choose to keep him (looks like this is a hyper-offensive team with blissey as a cleric/medic). Darmanitan should not be using fire punch (simply not strong enough), and belly drum or work up (he is a glass cannon and has little time to set up. The most tried and true Darmanitan sets go along the lines of four attacks (flareblitz, superpower, earthquake, u-turn) and either a life orb or a choice scarf. If you were thinking that you don't like the recoil of flareblitz, I would say 1)the power gain is worth it and 2) blissey might be able to pass it a wish later down the road. On him specifically, the 252/252 ev's are not a bad idea, it is best to maximize his offensive potential as there is not much to work with defensively.

I agree with worcestershire, a spinner is absolutely vital, as your pokemon are very hazards weak, except for Flygon. Because you are not running hail or sand ( and therefore needing leftovers) or using Blissey's SpA to your advantage, I would suggest switching it to

Chansey @ Eviolite
Natural Cure
252 Def, 252 Spd
Bold
Wish
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Heal Bell

Right now burns (especially common with all the scalds running around in BW OU) are a death sentence for your team, and Heal Bell mitigates this problem. Chansey's Bulk is greater than Blissey's with eviolite. The softboiled/wish may seem redundant, but they are for two different purposes, Wish is mostly for healing teammates, and softboiled is for when you need to heal up fast and then switch. You can keep Wish and Protect if you really want it, but this is the Chansey set which has always helped me.

The fourth move for Yanmega is personal choice, but I would suggest HP fire for Skarmory, or HP ground for Heatran, as both currently wall the set. For Cloyster, you NEED all the speed you can get (I think Jolly natured and 244 speed ev's to reach 520, which is enough to outspeed scarf Terrakion, who can ohko with closecombat.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)