How come most Youtube Wifi battles suck so much strategy-wise?

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
This is basically when I first started to play pokemon, and I was on Youtube, decided to play this guy JukiJadenSurvives

I'm a noob lol

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah innit, that was me ;D.

Just reiterating what Anti said, Xerxes is probably one of the best on Youtube. Great narration, and a cool selection of humorous videos.

Meh, you can't really hop onto some random channel and expect the videos to be good. It's like picking a random invisionfree forum and expecting that to be good, you know?

Uhh, the good Youtubers I know are Zeldamastertimmy, Xerxes, lyfsaho, theshadowprojekt, Willis, Syberia, Kawalski, Fland, MapleAssassinX, and my partner Pulse, who has a few videos of his own.

Those should last you a long while. I also have some vids a few people linked if you want. I'm probably forgetting some, but you really can't go wrong with any one of those.

And that was a bitch to link to all of them. .-.

Xerxes is the best battler I've found on YouTube after extensive searching.

Yikarur could definitely put up a fight and perhaps win, I'm not sure (he doesn't play anymore). beware: animation savvy pokepeeps only, he's German.
I've seen a batlle between xerxes and Twist of Fate where our favourite smogoner just brutalizes xerxes. This shows that wifi players can't compete with shoddy players.

Commenting on the thread topic, it's logical people upload their vids on youtube (it's cool). But there are very little pro-gamers and therefore most battles aren't worth watching.

I've seen a batlle between xerxes and Twist of Fate where our favourite smogoner just brutalizes xerxes.
Did they record this? I would love to see it. Also I think there are some wifi players who could keep up with some of us, I know train man wified a while ago with a youtuber. He did a warstory on it and his opponent was very good.

I primarily play wi-fi, and I always go with a well constructed (atleast I think so) team. Not to brag, but I do win a lot especially when i venture over to marriland for a few battles lol. I find that on wi-fi, when you think they will switch, they always do, even if it's in their best interest to stay in. They always switch O_o. So I'm just saying, their are a few wi-fiers out their that use the knowledge aquired here well, few.. but some nonetheless.

I've seen a batlle between xerxes and Twist of Fate where our favourite smogoner just brutalizes xerxes. This shows that wifi players can't compete with shoddy players.
So basically you're trying to say that because one person on Shoddy beat one person (who is not the best) on Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Battlers cannot compete? That seems extremely close minded and wrong. I've beaten my share of Shoddy Battlers, but never did I claim once that due to the victory my field of battlers are somehow superior. It just irritates me that you'd make such a rash generalization like this. Just because you beat someone doesn't make you better than them, and there is no way that one Wi-Fi Battler represents the entire group.

Hm, I'm confused. Bentendo13 linked to a Pulse010 account, but I thought the Pulse posting in this thread had a YouTube account Negat1vePulse.

Are there two "Pulse"s, or what?

On-topic, I like Syberia's (doubleedgedw0mbat's) videos. I also watch lyfsaho, mainly for his UU battles.

i would say the reason that the strategies arent like on shoddy is because access to certain items and pokemon...we all know it takes almost forever to obtain great IVs and a good nature...most of the great battlers on youtube have AR so they dont have to worry about taking so long and can have perfect IVs....here's an example..on youtube battles you dont usually see hidden power at all they usually cant obtain a close to perfect 70 base power...also, another reason why we see focus sash on some random pokemon because Ttar isnt used as much, because it's a hard one to train and nobody wants to really put in alot of effort into doing it. lol remember, most of the ppl on youtube go to school and are kids who have other things to do...this is all just a subjective and kind of an objective view...

on youtube battles you dont usually see hidden power at all they usually cant obtain a close to perfect 70 base power
I disagree. Unless it is an event pokemon or a rare pokemon like Jirachi, hidden powers can be obtained. There are many pokemon with Hidden power here in Smogon and there are even some legends with a good hidden power.

I've watched a few of the videos of each person that people have said were good, and I enjoyed Syberia's vids the most. Good commentary (also good quality mic reception), and quite entertaining.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i would say the reason that the strategies arent like on shoddy is because access to certain items and pokemon...we all know it takes almost forever to obtain great IVs and a good nature...most of the great battlers on youtube have AR so they dont have to worry about taking so long and can have perfect IVs....here's an example..on youtube battles you dont usually see hidden power at all they usually cant obtain a close to perfect 70 base power...also, another reason why we see focus sash on some random pokemon because Ttar isnt used as much, because it's a hard one to train and nobody wants to really put in alot of effort into doing it. lol remember, most of the ppl on youtube go to school and are kids who have other things to do...this is all just a subjective and kind of an objective view...
Want me to let you in on a secret?

WiFi Battlers suck because they're not as competitive. Simple as that.

It has nothing to do with Availability - it has to do with most wifi battlers have no idea what they're doing at all. We can give them perfect IV Pokemon with Perfect Hidden Powers and they'd still don't know what they would do with it.

It has to do with a lack of experience and a lack of real competition. "Hard to train" is hardly an excuse, neither is "availability". No, Focus Sash isn't used more because there is less TTar, Focus Sash is used more because they have no idea what they're doing.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't want to generalize, as there are good Youtube battlers, but I have to agree most Youtube battlers are terrible. I think your average shoddy battler that you just encounter on a random latter match really outclasses your average Youtube battler. Again, I want to emphasize this obviously isn't true in all cases but it does seem to hold true for the vast majority of Youtube battlers.

Anyway, the original post was asking why the battlers seem to suck and I think it may be because of the lack of good battlers for them to play. I'm relatively new to battling (if you check my "join date" that's basically when I started Pokemon battling, in fact I never even played Pokemon at all before that) and over time (and help from the Smogon's tutor program) I've just gotten better. I consider myself a good player but I got that way from playing against players that ranged from decent to amazing. When I played someone that sucked on the ladder I didn't learn anything from that match, but when I play someone who has a lot of skill like someone from Smogon on a ladder match my skills improved dramatically. I think the lack of quality wifi battlers is why other wifi battlers don't ever really become that great.

Irrelevant Side Note: I was just watching a Youtube battle before I saw this thread where this kid left a Weavile in against an obviously Scarfed Typhlosion lead just waiting to use Eruption and Sword Danced only to die. Then, of all things, he switches a Metagross into it, I think you can guess how that ended. It was hilarious really.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Are you kidding? It's youtube. Everything on there is full of stupid. The comments on videos are stupid, a lot of content is stupid... YouTube is like the meta-community of stupid people in whatever they like. Pokémon is no exception.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I disagree. Unless it is an event pokemon or a rare pokemon like Jirachi, hidden powers can be obtained. There are many pokemon with Hidden power here in Smogon and there are even some legends with a good hidden power.
On Youtube, just like on Shoddy, every Jirachi/Celebi you see will have 404 HP. Nearly every Suicune you see will be Bold with perfect IVs. If someone wants to "obtain" something, they will "obtain" it.

Im almost positive that every great wifi battler dosent not always record for youtube, considering i dont see any big event for people using wifi except for the current nintendo event

Chris is Me, I think that is an unfair generalization to call everyone on youtube stupid and that everything on there is stupid.

This one? Is this the same Twist of Fate? But Xerxes wins here. ?_?
actually his name is jack08080 and he used to be a part of gamefaqs. he is not our twist of fate though.

Oh, btw, farmer16 is one of the best battlers on youtube. I will edit a link into his channel.Farmer's channel

Also, I think I speak for team uber when I say wifi is very competitive. Youtube battlers most of the time fail, and then form a fail group with all of there failure friends. Meanwhile there are good youtube battlers, even if they are rare, they do exist.

Are there any Uber Wifi Battlers? I would be interested in them... It completely slipped my mind earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)