How did you create your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my firsts posts.
Anyway, its a long story. One day, I tried to download the Aliens vs Predator demo on Xbox live to play with my friends, but the system wouldn't let me because I was under 18 at the time. So, I created one of those temporary, one month accounts to download AVP. My last name is Stafford and some people at school call me 'staff infection', so I tried making my gamertag staffinfection92 (I was born in 1992). But there was not enough room for the '2' and so that gamertag was staffinfection9. Then, I downloaded shoddy, and 'staffinfection9' was the first name that popped into my head when I was registering. And of course, I decided to keep that name for smogon. Kind of a weird story.

Mines actually short for Parallel of Eight, which came to me in the spur of the moment while desperatley scrabling for an untaken AIM username as my current one was screwing up as i was trying to play an Exalted game with friends.

Of course, like the 5 other users i tried this was taken but i used a minor tweak of it and i've kept it..

I'm pretty holistic in my school,so everyone there calls me "angel".Then our teacher asked us,"What is the strongest angel?".One of them answered,"an archangel".

So I decided to stick with it.Then the underscore and the numbers (94) for the year I was born in,and,voila!! My username.

Its the same for Shoddy,GameFAQs btw.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I'll bet no one will EVER be able to guess how I chose my username. It's a mystery.

...Either that, or it's a combination of my two favorite pokes.

I always thought it would be cool if, instead of his standard "bulb", Bulbasaur had a Shroomish planted on his back. And viola, my username and avatar were set.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
My username is a mix of elements; I own a couple nicknames on IRC, though all of them were either taken, or I felt did not fit. I thought long and hard about my username, and figured that this is a good choice, because it would make people think. It's a bit of an oxymoron as well; I'm not that desolate.

Everything i tried was taken so i misspelled a word (Emperor to Empoer) so that it would work and the Joe part because its close to my name, Josh and its fits better

I once got all the high scores on a random pacman game in an arcade (I know my nerdiness extends beyond pokemon) but all of my friends said it could have been any random Sam. So I spent ages beating all of those scores and replaced them with my initials, I also did it for the racing game next to it (my girlfriend was on holiday and I was extremely bored). Anyway, since then I've always put my initials for something with a leader board and I learnt about Smogon through Shoddy. I added the 4 for balance as I didn't want all capitals and 'sce' looks as though it is missing something. I also thought people would be trying to figure out how it's actually pronounced.

Waaay waaaay back in the 1980's secret gover....Oh wait I'm not singing the clone high theme..

Anyway way back when I got into competitive battling in the R/B/Y days I used to go by ProTrainer(insert random numbers here though it was usually the year). I would post on Azure Heights as that name and it was also the name I used on PBS and G/S Bot. Though after having a bad taste in my mouth with R/S/E I fell out of the competitive aspect of the game and my nickname on some other random forums and occasionally IRL is Lunchbox. So when I decided to get back into the competitive side of pokemon I wanted to merge the two and use the aspects of both my names. So I went with PTisLunch.

Mine is a metaphor: Ozone(the eart, or the mother that protects us) burns thanks to the fire (the imprudency of the man) *I know u cant burn ozone -.- *

I was reading a comic book called Echo by Terry Moore and I thought the name sounded cool as I was trying to come up with a name for a Pokemon forum a while back. Needless to say, it stuck.

mine is a pretty interesting story actually.
My name is wood and I added 4 extra o's to represent my quadruple dose of awesome

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
because this is my current main nickname on shoddy too, it probably came forth out of some kind of joke or something

I've always loved to ride bikes of any kind. When I was little and rode on the back of my dad's mountain bike I always told him to go faster. The word accelerate means to go faster, and Accel is just a shorter name for that. Don't worry, I won't speed when I learn how to drive.

"Third" - Comes from being the third in the family to use my real life name, liked it over other names, etc.
"Koopa" - Comes from the fact that at the time (And still kinda to date) Koopa's are one of my favorite video game characters. Probably my favorite generic species.

Put two and two together and you have my screen name. It originally had a "The" at the beginning but I threw it off.

Honestly, I just wanted a name that would last. I first thought to register a username in 2006 (yeah, I never posted on forums before then) to enter a GameFAQs character battle. I wanted a name that would last, so I went back to the first game I ever played, Super Mario World. At first I was going to make a portmanteau, but I found to my short-term horror that "capefeather" didn't exist on GameFAQs yet. I'm glad no one has ever thought to use it. I do wonder sometimes what would have happened if my parents hadn't immediately traded the Sega Genesis that they bought me for an SNES way back when...

Lelouch is a French surname, and I find its similarities (or etymological derivation, if that's the case - I don't know) to the French word "louche" make it an appropriate name for me, so I changed it.

Louche = "of questionable morality". Being unique in my opinions, which are generally considered insane and sociopathic, and being a fan of irony, I chose "le louche".

I really don't know how xeroslash came about... it just did. It seems like an obvious combination of two words, but it's also sort of unique since not many people use this combination... I don't know. lol

My name actually used to be the name my friend would use when getting high scores on video games when we were like 8. I liked it, so I stole it, and since I would always beat him at stuff, he couldn't stand looking at his nickname when I had the high score. So he dropped the name and I have kept using it ever since.

To that person; if by some crazy, insane coincidence you are reading this, screw you, we're not friends anymore and I'm still better than you at video games.
LMFAO.

Holy + Tricks = Holitrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)