How long are you willing to SR?

How many times are you willing to SR for starter/legendary?

• Total voters
SRing for Legends never came about until the introduction of Emerald and the Master Ball cloning. Before that, the mere act of getting a Legendary was so frustrating that I stuck with whatever nature I got (yay for Docile Articuno, Bold Moltres, and Rash Latios). Once I got that, I mostly just looked for nature. For D/P, Azelf was still about the nature, but I did SR a few times for Regigigas, easier with my Adamant Synchronize Abra. I'll will probably SR for a good nature/IVs for Uxie.

But I find SRing to be grueling and really drains me. It makes Pokemon even more boring than it should be. I just had four tries to get a Modest Latias in Sapphire, only to find that it had crappy IVs (checking the Pokedex after each entryway was also not fun either). I reset 70 times for a Timid Latios over on Southern Island and took it even though it had medicore IVs. I reset 120 times and never got the female Impish Mudkip that I wanted from Birch's bag, and eventaully took the female Jolly one. On the plus side, it only took about 20 times each for the female Jolly Torchic and female Timid Treecko.

What about you? How long are you willing to SR for?

As long as I don't hate the pokemon I'm trying to SR for, I will go as long as it takes for me to find a good one. Maybe take a break every now and then though.

Needs 50 or less and a never option on that poll.

I'm not the patience type so most type I say "Screw it, you get what you get" but I was surpised that I was SRing for like 7 lengedary pokemon, two were pokemon I truly wanted. I spent about a weeks worth of SRing on the Poke-God alone but it was well worth it to have my beauty. All in all, if you don't hate the pokemon your SRing or if you're super patience then that "As long as it takes" thing can be true.

As long as it takes....

Registeel took me 2 days, probably 100+ SR's

SRing for a HP Electric Articuno...I expect 1K+ SRs

As long as it takes (unfortunately), I started SRing for a modest Moltres w/ HP Ice 9/22/07 , and I have 1150 SRs already.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As long as it takes, though I hate it most when I cannot advance further in the game because of it. Examples includes palkia/dialga in D/P and groudon/kyogre in R/S all of which I can say was worth the soft-resetting for.

As long as it takes.

It took me eleven months of soft resetting to get my shiny Latias. I've never actually reset for a legend to have good IVs because I'm honestly more into shiny Pokemon. However, I do seem to have fairly good luck with getting legends with good IVs and natures, at least on Diamond. Either way, if I want something bad enough, I will soft reset for it.

Though I'd still takes break and stuff.

Unfortunitally as long as it takes, since everyone on the damn wifi subforum needs a 4flawless IV anything before it's even marketable. >_<

I'd SR for as long as it takes, the Ho-ohs and Lugia in my thread must of took over 300 tries.Most of that is Lugia though, since I wouldn't even bother checking it if it wasn't Bold or Calm, were Ho-oh can have any +Spd, +SpAtk or +Atk nature.SRing gets very boring at times though.

Unlike breeding, where after 3-4 hours you're interbreeding two triple flawless guys, you're nowhere closer after SR'ing for 3-4 hours. So I usually am ready to settle for one after ~100 resets. Maybe more if I'm using Master Ball, much much less if I don't have a Master Ball and am trying to Ultra Ball some crap legend.

edit - if all I've got is Ultra Ball, I just go for the nature...

Like two times?

I hate SR'ing MUCH more than I hate breeding, because I actually have to pay attention and check every one right after I get it, and no IV battles. It just annoys me a lot more so I mostly don't bother and just breed. This time through my Diamond I'm going to make some attempts, though.

I SR until I get the pokemon I want. Although I usually do this for 30 minutes the rest then 30 minutes again and repeat

I've been SR'ing for almost a week for a good Rayquaza.....

I just got a Rash one with:

10 - 11 / 28 / 23 - 24 / 29 / 26 - 27 / 29

Is it worth keeping? Would you keep/want this?

I'm soft-resetting for Naive Azelfs. I soft-reset as long as it takes, but I've always got bad luck, it seems. I mean, come on, 2/0/13/11/6/7 Careful Azelf wasn't funny. So I gave up SRing for them a month or three ago, but now I'm trying again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)