How To Become Pro At Chaining

I did a 38 chain of Beldums, and I didn't see a patch while I was reseting, and a Hippowdon broke it. :( Anyway, a shiny Hippowdon appeared before starting this chain, but its nature is Modest :S and it lacks Slack off. I'm going to try a shiny Beldum again, some suggestions? DAMN SANDSTORM.

Thankx. But now I'm feeling really gutted.

Wanna know why?

I got nothing for 40 max repels... Then all of a sudden- DOUBLE BAM!!!

Two shinys in the same reset!!! WHAT ARE THE FRIGGEN ODDS!?!?!

Now I'm standing in between them, shell-shocked and horrified. I WANT THEM BOTH! No fair.

The god of pokemon has a cruel form of satire indeed.

Oh, and has anyone had a shiny patch spawn behind them and successfully caught it?
I've noticed a shiny patch above me before (and caught it) a couple of times. I bet I've NOT noticed a shiny patch above me before too. LOL at your story haha. That's pretty good. Hey, did you know in Eterna forest if you have that chick partner and you get in a double battle with a shiny the other pokemon you run into will also be shiny? I guess it decides the values for the two Pokes should just be the same. BUT, you HAVE to KO one of them, because you can't throw a ball unless you only have one opponent. OUCH. This happened to a friend of mine.

Diesel-No problem, I love chaining and I've been doing it forever, so contributing on a project like this seems like the thing to do for me. I've recently started implementing your grids by the way (since that's not how I chained before) and my results are (strangely) that I can get up to 20 or so much more easily, but have difficulty getting beyond that. I've had my Cubone chain break in between 20 and 25 six times on seemingly great spreads! I'm pretty sure it's just a hilarious coincidence though. I think I'm gonna go show Cubone who's boss right now!

Phizzlax and Diesel: do you know how could I chain Beldum? I can't see the patch with the Sandstorm, and I go to the grass without knowing if it's a good one or not. Some suggestions? It's quite hard. I got a chain of 38, but now, I can't get 20...

My only suggestion is to play with the time set to morning or day, makes it marginally easier to see. Other than that, be patient, if you aren't sure about a particular spread, reset, stay safe. Sometimes I wasn't sure if I didn't quite see a particular spread I would LITERALLY walk one step back and forth to recharge my radar. Other than that, there isn't much you can do but hope and be persistent. Make sure you're prepared too... catching a Beldum is VERY difficult.

For heaven's sake! DON'T TRY TO CHAIN BELDUM!!! Not only are they in a sandstorm, not only do they have a catch rate of 1 but their only move is take down. And what happens when they run out of take-downs? They struggle to death! I can't think of anything worse [in pokemon] then seeing a shiny pokemon commit suicide.

If you've only just started chaining, do what I did and chain Shinx. You'll save yourself a lot of pain and misery. When I was first chaining, I went for ditto. It took me weeks to perfect my own technique, then I saw this thread and worked out I was doing it wrong anyway. (in the end I got a shiny ditto, with highest chain being 48). Some easy things to chain are:

Ponyta <---- Looks awesome BTW (blue fire FTW)
Magnemite
Starly
Mareep <---- Also looks awesome... And purple.

In, my opinion, beldum is one of the hardest pokes to chain successfully.

Other than Swinub and Delibird I would say it is the hardest, the previous two are harder enough to be considered functionally impossible. You can always masterball the Beldum at least ?_?

You could always Masterball the Beldum, if you have a few lying around... but you still have to get your chain to 40.

Stuff that for a joke.

I'm going to try and get 1 of 2 things today.

1) A shiny Surskit
2) A shiny Ponyta

Both are nice and easy to chain... Nice and easy...

Haha, I can hope, can't I?
Good luck with those beldums.
Oh, btw, if you happen to find a shiny trapinch/vibrava that breaks your chain, let me know.
I love Flygon.

Haha, shiny Vibrava to break my chain? Now that's dreaming big. You're in luck though, I've been chaining Vibravas for R2-D2. I haven't got one yet, but I will eventually. I broke a chain at 40 when I walked into a patch I couldn't see, that was crushing. Anyway, I'll be sure to contact you when I get one. Hoping to do Beldums to give me more confidence in the sandstorm, plus it's for Forbidden, hello loot!

Hehe. Poke Sonar.

Anyway, I gave up on the Surskits for a while, considering my chain was broken at 1 by a Wobbufet. I HATE WOBBUFET! An ability like Shadow Tag should be reserved for God and God only. Anyway, I'm going to go give that Wobbufet something to counter...

*Pulls out a 50 cal machine gun*

Hehehe. Counter this bitch...

I have to say, this thread is awesome. My current chain high is 34 with Nosepass. I'm working on Spoinks right now, as they are swarming. Wish me luck.

dude idk how you got that high in the sandstorm. granted i know i suck but still that's pretty ridiculous to do. i think my record was about 9 after maybe a half hour or so of losing it to freaking vibrava every single time that seemed to be so good. probably because you can't see the normal patches of grass shaking...

anyway props and good luck diesel giving it a go.

i think ill try bronzor.

*DrEnzyme walks back to the thread carrying a decapitated Wobbufet head in one hand and his rifle over his shoulder*

That was good huntin'

Anyway, after I'd annihalated that Wobbufet I decided to chain Surskit again...

I finally got a chain of 40 and started looking for the shinys. It took me 50 max Repels to get the first one but now I'm reeling them in pretty regularly. I've got 3 at the moment, not sure what I'll do with them considering I don't have Wifi... Maybe I'll just look at them and say things like: 'purty' and 'shiny'.

Edit: I've finished with the Surskit chain. I got 6 Surskit altogether.

I will try Beldum until I get a good Adamant shiny one. I don't mind the Elemental Punches. With Meteor Smash, Earthquake, Explosion and Agility/Zen Headbutt it works wonders anyway. My longest chain was 38. The last one was 20. I will try it again tonight. I like this shiny sprite!. About Take Down and the catch rate. Go with Gengar, Hypnosis and Night Shade. You have like 20 turns to catch it, and the sleeping turns. I think it's enough. If you can't catch it anyway, Master Ball (love Emerald glitch).

What set will you give to your Masquerain?. I would chain for Ponyta if it could learn Hypnosis.

I think that Bagon is easier to get that Beldum. Anyway, I can't get it in Diamond, so after getting Beldum (when?), I will try to find a good Larvitar. But my problem is that I don't know what set could I use with it, because without Pursuit and Dragon Dance, it loses a lot of power. Maybe Tyraniboah? Some suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)