How to Dominate in RU

The title says it all.

SmashPass is really good.​

I'm not going to post my main RU team because I don't want people stealing my ideas, but I'm perfectly okay with posting my ShellSmash team that kind of dominates. Plus, Gorebyss will probably move out of RU soon due to usage.

Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance

Can you say, "is destroyed by taunt but otherwise works incredibly well"? Well, if not, learn how to say it, because this is how this Cress operates. Dual screens is juicy on a ShellSmash team, and while this Cress doesn't work as well Espeon, it's still awesome. The defenses let you set up in the face of anything that's not Specs Yanmega and allows you to prepare for domination. Thunder Wave is filler, but it's better than Psychic or something would ever do for me. Lunar Dance gives someone else on team another chance at redemption. But anyway, we now move on to the star of the show:

Gorebyss (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I wish Game Freak hadn't give Shell Smash and Baton Pass to the same Pokemon, but whatever, it's easy to abuse! Gorebyss is an overall terrible Pokemon outside of the SmashPassing, but he can sometimes get a surprising sweep if I'm too scared to pass somewhere. Regardless, the goal is to get off a Shell Smash (easy with screens up), and pass it to one of the most capable sweepers on the team.

Rhyperior (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

The best Pokemon ever made. With my set, I only reach like 368 speed after the SmashPass, but I don't care because that outspeeds everything I care about (and even with Jolly I wouldn't outspeed any notable scarfers or anything like that anyway). I have Swords Dance in case the SmashPass doesn't happen (or even if it does so I can DEMOLISH). Earthquake and Stone Edge provide sexy coverage and Megahorn is my best answer to Tangela. Lum Berry helps avoid burns from Scald and whatnot and from stuff like Sleep Powder ruining my day :(

Venomoth (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Oh Venomoth, you stud. After a SmashPass, I usually Quiver Dance anyway because I'm power hungry and enjoy the extra special defense. Regardless, this set is almost unstoppable after a SmashPass. Bug Buzz is obvious, Giga Drain heals me, and Psychic helps me kill stuff like Poliwrath and whatnot.

Entei @ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Another use of Lum Berry, but whatever. This is the only guy on the team that doesn't have any sort of set up move. But that's okay, because he still wrecks shit after a SmashPass. Flare Blitz it just disgustingly powerful, and Extremespeed makes me giddy when it slaughters stuff like Yanmega that think they can get a bunch of speed boosts and beat me. Stone Edge beats on other fire types, and Iron Head is only really for stuff like Rhyperior.

Sceptile (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Unburden
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Leaf Blade
- Rock Slide

Sceptile is a sexy piece of ass. I mean look at him. You can't tell me that if you were a Pokemon that you wouldn't have sex with him. He doesn't need SmashPass at all, and generally just boosts up, Rests and gets the Unburden boosts, and then rips a hole in the universe with his Leaf Blades of justice. Some say SD Acrobat is better. I say fuck you, I like my ChestoRest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)