How to make a successful Pokemon website

Geez, I read this late :/ , happy Birthday chaos.
Very nice guide, I wanted to make a Website long time ago, I never wanted it to be famous, but I can use more than a tip in the guide to make it enjoyable for people to visit it.
Thanks a lot.

I thought of a couple of things the other day that should be mentioned.

Don't use splash intro pages. Not only are they annoying (an extra thing to click to get into the site), they can also hurt your ranking on search engines. A big Celebi on the screen is cute but it's not practical.

I can't remember what the other thing was but it'll come back to me.

I agree with many of the things. I do run a Fire Emblem Forum on invisionfree that was done with several other forum admins. Considering there were four forums, we split all the members up and it didn't work out too well. We combined into one forum of which I am one of three admins and it's pretty smooth right now. I have been requesting less forums though, because we have sections that see hardly any posts. Namely our Anime Forum, of which I have no intrest in, but the other admin likes a lot.

I found this guide to be very imformative and true. You need something special to attract members. My forum contains a battling system based off of the Fire Emblem games and post counts. It's unique and a lot of fun, while other Fire Emblem Forums and GameFaqs only offer discussion. If I wanted just discussion, I would want to go to a big forum with lots of people. It's important to have something other than discussion at a forum because no one wants to join forum with nothing but discussions. Particularly one with just five or ten members, who aren't even active. That's why you need something special. Like the German site metioned in this thread, there wasn't any Germain sites, so it took off. Same with Smogon, it found something that no one else had.

Wow, I hope I did make sense throughout that post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)