How to play D/P Bot

How to use DPBot

Note: whenever something is noted like [this], its input depends on the user. In other words, it's up to you. Do not include the [] brackets.

Getting mIRC

1. First, you'll need some kind of IRC client. The most commonly used one is by far mIRC, which you can get from here. It's free and takes very little time to install and get running.

Getting connected

2. Fill in a nickname and an alternate nickname. mIRC basically holds your hands through this, so it's no big deal. I recommend using your forum name so everyone recognizes you.

3. Connect to the server the bot is on. As we speak it is hosted mainly on dejatoons. To connect, type this in the little text bar:

/server irc.dejatoons.net

Alternatively, if that doesn't connect you to Dejatoons, use this:

/server 209.133.9.43

If that doesn't work, something might be wrong with your firewall, or Dejatoons is fucking up. There's some other options for connecting here, if you know some more post them in this thread.

Registering your nickname

4. It is heavily recommended to register your nickname so other people cannot steal it.

/message nickserv register [password] [e-mail]

Password should be something other people cannot guess. E-mail can be anything, I believe NickServ accepts anything that has an @ and a dot, so no need to fill in a real e-mail here. Remember your password for later use.

Getting started

5. Now, you have to join the channel the bot is on. For this, the command is:

/join #battlearena

While you're at it, might as well join Smogon's chat channel to know what is going on!

/join #smogon

6. Look at the #battlearena channel. If the bot is up, it should be in the nicklist on the right as DP-Bot, probably with a @ in front of it. Double-click DP-Bot, and you will be opening a query with the bot, also called a PM window.

7. First, you'll have to register your nick into the bot. This is completely independent from the NickServ, which is owned by the server, so to speak. To register your nickname for the first time, put this in the query:

lock [password]

This registers you into the bot. Now, we're going to log in.

8. The command is, again in the query:

login [password]

If all goes well, you should now get a new window that tells you DP-Bot wants to have a DCC Chat with you. Accept it, and a new querish window should open. This is the DCC Chat, where you'll be inputting commands from now on unless noted otherwise.

Like with connecting to dejatoons, there can be a lot of things that go wrong on this one. I am not the one to ask for help about this - ask Mysoft if he's awake. Try these steps first:

- Check if "Passive DCC" is off. Press Alt-O, and a new window should open. Look under DCC -> Options to see if Passive DCC is checked. If it is, uncheck it.
- Check if your firewall is getting in the way.
- Perhaps you need to open some ports or something. Yeah, I'm not your man for this!

9. If you got the DCC to work, congratulations! Put your commands in there from now on. If it's not working after 2 hours of sweat, you can use the normal query for your DP-Bot needs. It just lags more so you can't do it with a lot of people at once or something. Again, talk to Mysoft to make sure if you can get it to work.

Building your team

10. This part is probably most complicated. To make a Pokemon, use the following format:

make <especie> , [nick] , [level] , [item] , [move] , [move] , [move] , [move]

Especie is the species of the Pokemon, the rest is obvious. Example:

make salamence , Elemence , 100 , choice specs , dragon pulse , draco meteor , hidden power , flamethrower

The bot should respond:

<DP-Bot> The pokemon was created in the slot 0.

11. To see the Pokemon on your roster, use the list command.

list <slotnumber>

The slotnumber is optional, but not listing it will make the bot list all the Pokemon you have. To see Elemence here, we use:

list 0

And the bot will answer:

[23:12:34] <DP-Bot> 0. Elemence [Choice Specs] (SALAMENCE 100)
[23:12:35] <DP-Bot> Nature: Serious (neutral) Ability: Intimidate Hidden Power: Dark (70)
[23:12:37] <DP-Bot> Attacks: Draco Meteor || Dragon Pulse || Hidden Power || Flamethrower
[23:12:39] <DP-Bot> Stats: HP:352 - ATK:327 - DEF:217 - SPD:257 - SATK:277 - SDEF:217
[23:12:41] <DP-Bot> DV's / EV's: (31 31 31 31 31 31) / (85 85 85 85 85 85)

12. Of course, we'd rather want Hidden Power Ground on our Choice Specs Salamence. If RSBot is up, open a query with it it like you did with DP-bot (no need to @lock or @login), and type

gethp [type you want]

RSBot should give you a few possibilities. If RSBot isn't up for some reason, look up a good set of IVs for your desired Hidden Power here. In this case, we'll take

Aeolus said:
31/31/31/31/30/30
this one, since it has 31 Speed. Now, we'll give these IVs to Salamence, using the dvchange command.

dvchange [slot],[hpdv]

dvchange 0,31,31,31,31,30,30

[23:20:18] <DP-Bot> DV stats of SALAMENCE changed to (31 31 31 31 30 30) .

And a quick list tells us that our change was successful:

[23:21:18] <DP-Bot> Nature: Serious (neutral) Ability: Intimidate Hidden Power: Ground (70)

13. Hold on, we don't want to keep a Serious nature! Mysoft was nice enough to let you use a user-friendly way to change natures if you don't know them by head.

naturechange [nature]

OR

naturechange +[boosted stat],-[cut stat]

Abbreviations are atk, def, spd, satk, sdef. So if we want a Modest Salamence but we can't remember the name, we use

naturechange 0,+satk,-atk

[23:28:55] <DP-Bot> The nature of SALAMENCE changed to Modest.

[23:30:01] <DP-Bot> Nature: Modest (+SATK-ATK) Ability: Intimidate Hidden Power: Ground (70)

14. Changing the trait can be a little tricky. Basically, each Pokemon has two traits. For us normal humans, they might be named "Lightningrod" and "Solid Rock" in Rhyperior's case, but for DP-bot you have to use 0 and 1 instead.

[23:31:16] <Mekkah> abilitychange 2,0
[23:31:18] <DP-Bot> The ability of RHYPERIOR changed to Lightning Rod.

[23:31:26] <Mekkah> abilitychange 2,1
[23:31:28] <DP-Bot> The ability of RHYPERIOR changed to Solid Rock.

So, as you can see, the command is

abilitychange [slot],[0 or 1]

Just look at the list of your Pokemon, and if you don't like the ability it has, change it to 1.

15. Time to tackle Salamence's EVs. Now they are as following:

[09:59:46] <DP-Bot> DV's / EV's: (31 31 31 31 30 30) / (85 85 85 85 85 85)

The command is obviously evchange, so we get:

evchange [slot],[hp ev],[atk ev],[def ev],[spd ev],[satk ev],[spdef ev]

If Salamence wants max Speed, max Special Attack, and the rest in HP, we use:

evchange 0,4,0,0,252,252,0

And proudly, we look at our final result with list

[10:33:16] <DP-Bot> 0. Elemence [Choice Specs] (SALAMENCE 100)
[10:33:16] <DP-Bot> Nature: Modest (+SATK-ATK) Ability: Intimidate Hidden Power: Ground (70)
[10:33:16] <DP-Bot> Attacks: Draco Meteor || Dragon Pulse || Hidden Power || Flamethrower
[10:33:16] <DP-Bot> Stats: HP:332 - ATK:275 - DEF:196 - SPD:299 - SATK:350 - SDEF:215
[10:33:16] <DP-Bot> DV's / EV's: (31 31 31 31 30 30) / (4 0 0 252 252 0)

16. Proceed to do the same for your five others. It will go more quickly when you get used to it. To complete your team, we use the team command. This command takes Pokemon from your "box" and puts them in your party.

team [slot],[slot],[slot],[slot],[slot],[slot]

For most people, the command will be like this:

team 0,1,2,3,4,5

[10:35:49] <Mekkah> team 0,1,2,3,4,5
[10:35:51] <DP-Bot> your team is now formed by: Elemence, Heatran, Rhyperior, Weavile, Lanturn and Mojonbo.

Keep in mind the box slots are numbered 0-30, but in-battle your team uses the numbers 1-6 (for switching). To view your team, use list team.

Battling

To challenge someone, use the battle command.

battle [opponent],[text color],[background color]

Your opponent will be dragged into the battle (unlike NetBattle or the good old RSbots, where one would have to accept first). This can be annoying, but it's also more realistic when compared to the game. After all, did that shorts Youngster ever wait for you to accept his battle?

Anyway, the colors use mIRC color coding. Press ctrl k to see what the numbering is. Preferably use something easy for the eyes.

To attack, use the ! command.

! [attack number]

So for example:

[10:18:39] <DP-Bot> Gyarados ( GYARADOS M 100 ) HP: (384/384)
[10:18:39] <DP-Bot> ! 1- Earthquake (16/16) 2- Waterfall (24/24) 3- Stone Edge (8/8) 4- Ice Fang (24/24)

I want to use Earthquake, so I say:

[10:18:56] <Mekkah> ! 1
[10:18:57] <DP-Bot> Move Accepted.

Switching is done with #, in the same way. If I want to switch to Heatran, my second Pokemon, I use:

[10:22:30] <Mekkah> # 2
[10:22:33] <DP-Bot> Switch Accepted.

If I don't know what Pokemon is in one team slot, I use batstat, which basically shows me my options.

[10:24:49] <Mekkah> batstat
[10:24:51] <DP-Bot> 1. Gyarados [Leftovers] (GYARADOS 100) - 15/384
[10:24:51] <DP-Bot> Attacks: 1- Earthquake (14/16) 2- Waterfall (24/24) 3- Stone Edge (8/8) 4- Ice Fang (24/24)
[10:24:51] <DP-Bot> 3. Rhyperior [Leftovers] (RHYPERIOR 100) - 434/434
[10:24:51] <DP-Bot> Attacks: 1- Earthquake (16/16) 2- Megahorn (16/16) 3- Substitute (16/16) 4- Rock Slide (16/16)
[10:24:51] <DP-Bot> 4. Weavile [Expert Belt] (WEAVILE 100) - 282/282
[10:24:51] <DP-Bot> Attacks: 1- Pursuit (32/32) 2- Night Slash (24/24) 3- Ice Punch (24/24) 4- Brick Break (24/24)
[10:24:51] <DP-Bot> 5. Lanturn [Leftovers] (LANTURN 100) - 423/423
[10:24:52] <DP-Bot> Attacks: 1- Thunder Wave (32/32) 2- Ice Beam (16/16) 3- Surf (24/24) 4- Thunderbolt (24/24)
[10:24:53] <DP-Bot> 6. Mojonbo [Leftovers] (TANGROWTH 100) - 126/404
[10:24:54] <DP-Bot> Attacks: 1- Sunny Day (6/8) 2- HP Fire (24/24) 3- Solarbeam (14/16) 4- Sleep Powder (24/24)
[10:24:57] <DP-Bot> In Battle:
[10:24:58] <DP-Bot> 2. Heatran [None] (HEATRAN 100) - 235/386
[10:24:59] <DP-Bot> Attacks: 1- Fire Blast (5/8) 2- Dragon Pulse (15/16) 3- Explosion (8/8) 4- Stealth Rock (32/32)

Other misc commands

change [slot] , [species] , [nick] , [level] , [item] , [move] , [move] , [move] , [move]

Almost the same as make, except you don't have to specify everything and it changes whatever you do specify. Everything you don't change stays the same including EVs and spot in your team and such. Very handy to do minor changes to movesets and such. If you're not specifying certain things (like you want to change a move, but not its level, nick, species etc), make sure to keep track of how many comma's you're using or you end up changing the wrong thing. If you're not sure, just specify everything again.

info [pokemon name/pokemon number]

Shows type, base stats, lv100 stat range (from 0 IV/0 EVs until 31 IV/252 EVs) and both possibilities for the ability of a Pokemon.

I think that's about it! Before you ask anything, please read this guide thoroughly.

Major credit to Mysoft for building and hosting this thing, it definitely makes the wait until Competitor much more comfortable.

PS Tyranitar and Hippowdon are gay in an itemless environment, tyvm.

List of Working Items
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> Adamant Orb, Black Belt, Fist Plate,Black Glasses
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> Dread Plate, Charcoal, Flame Plate,Deepseatooth
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> Draco Plate,Dragon Fang,Earth plate,soft sand
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> expert belt, hard stone,rock incense, icicle plate
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> insect plate, silver powder, iron plate,metal coat
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> light ball, lustrous orb,magnet, zap plate, meadow plate
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> miracle seed,rose incense,mind plate,odd incense
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> twistedspoon,muscle band,mystic water,spooky plate
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> wave incense, sharp beak,sky plate, silk scarf,soul dew
[18:25:17] <@Mysoft> spell tag, spooky plate, stone plate, thick club, toxic plate
[18:25:18] <@Mysoft> wise glasses, deepseascale,metal power, soul dew
[18:25:19] <@Mysoft> leftovers,Life Orb,Enigma Berry,Figy Berry,Iapapa Berry,Mago Berry
[18:25:20] <@Mysoft> Aguav Berry,Wiki Berry,focus sash,focus band,Salac Berry,Starf Berry
[18:25:23] <@Mysoft> Oran Berry,Sitrus Berry,Apicot Berry,Ganlon Berry,Liechi Berry,Petaya Berry
[18:25:24] <@Mysoft> Chilan Berry,Babiri Berry,Charti Berry,Chople Berry,Coba Berry,Colbur Berry
[18:25:26] <@Mysoft> Hanban Berry,Kasib Berry,Kebia Berry,Occa Berry,Passho Berry,Payapa Berry
[18:25:28] <@Mysoft> Rindo Berry,Shuca Berry,Wacan Berry,Yache Berry,Lansat Berry
[18:25:30] <@Mysoft> Damp Rock,Icy Rock,Smooth Rock,Light Clay,Heat Rock
[18:25:30] <@Mysoft> Macho Brace,Power Anklet,Power Band,Power Belt,Power Bracer,Power Lens,Power Weight
[18:25:32] <@Mysoft> Full Incense,Lagging Tail,Quick Powder,Quick Claw
[18:25:34] <@Mysoft> Razor Claw,Scope Lens,Stick,Lucky Punch,Brightpowder,Lax Incense,Wide Lens,Zoom Lens
[18:25:34] <@Mysoft> Black Sludge,Shell Bell,Choice Scarf,Choice Band,Choice Specs

Second post is reserved for a list of bugs, I think that'll be helpful. Mysoft spent 3 weeks, 15 hours each day on this, so it's perfectly understandable it's not perfect yet.

So far known:

- Flavour text is wrong or sometimes completely missing (like in the case of Motor Drive or Stealth Rock)
- Some Items don't work yet.
- It's unknown how this one works yet, but one time I was battling AJC and he was unable to bring in his last Pokemon. Neither of us could do anything since the bot kept responding that "this action was not needed". Ironically the timeout gave the win to AJC, despite the fact that he was down 5-1.

12. Look up a good set of IVs for your desired Hidden Power here.
posting to tell that people can PM rsbot with the gethp command to get proper IVs for the particular type.

<RSBot2> HP ICE: 31,31,31,30,31,31
<RSBot2> HP ICE: 31,30,30,31,31,31

makes it quicker if while making teams on the bots.

due to the way mysoft programmed the bot some moves will fail when used on ghosts types (lol forgot to tell a move is effecting the user not the foe)

most notable stuff effected by this

Protect/detect/endure and wish

the several times i've tried to get on and check this mess out, the bots haven't been on. is there a certain time it's running, or at least a time when it's usually on?

I tried to register my nickname, but when I tried in this format

/msg nickserv register [password] [e-mail]

It kept telling me that my email was invalid, even when I tried my real one.
Anyone have any ideas?

Pre evo learned moves are in Now not sure about NYPC ones though

*edit* This post will cover working items

all Boosting items are in except for choice items

Focus band and sash are now in

leftovers are now in

All relevant battling berrys are in now

all other items are still absent

also Rapid spin is fixed it now correctly blows away stealth rock (it had a typo in it that prevented it from doing so)

I have a question: if your evaluation period is over, can you still freely use IRC and they won't charge you? I can manage to use it, but I don't know if they bill you or something like that

I have a question: if your evaluation period is over, can you still freely use IRC and they won't charge you? I can manage to use it, but I don't know if they bill you or something like that
No, that's just Khaled's way of badgering you for using his product.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
<Mysoft> added these items: Black Sludge,Shell Bell,Choice Scarf,Choice Band,Choice Specs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)