How well can Starmie come in on EQ

I'm worried about switching out to Starmie on a starting Gyarados. If I start with Infernape and see Gyarados, I'll switch to Starmie which can eat waterfall but how well will it take an earthquake?

infernape's two mainattacks, fire and fighting, are resisted by gyarados and gyarados has a free turn to DD up.. so in that situation, starmie cannot take a hit...

HP: Electric Shedinja would win if Gyarados doesn't have stone edge and there isn't a sandstorm :P

Tangrowth is the best, IMO. Gyarados is forces to Ice Fang it for rather low damage, if he even has ice fang. Tangrowth has 100 Base HP and 125 Base Defense.
Also, Tangrowth can rock slide Gyarados.

Alternately, Breloom resists water, ground, and rock and takes ice SE, while it can rock slide or stone edge gyarados. It's defenses aren't as high, though.

The best gyarados counter is prediction. If you can switch in something that is hard hitting and still faster after gyra gets a DD, like Jolteon, you can make it switch out. Also, paralysis or burn really hurts it.
If you want something that will do something other than kill gyarados, Dusknior can use WoW and TPunch and have two more moves.

So did this thread just become a gyarados counter discussion?
Cresselia with charge beam is awsome, weezing with tbolt, blissey with tbolt, pretty much any wall with an electric attack.

HP: Electric Shedinja would win if Gyarados doesn't have stone edge and there isn't a sandstorm :P

Tangrowth is the best, IMO. Gyarados is forces to Ice Fang it for rather low damage, if he even has ice fang. Tangrowth has 100 Base HP and 125 Base Defense.
Also, Tangrowth can rock slide Gyarados.

Alternately, Breloom resists water, ground, and rock and takes ice normal, while it can rock slide or stone edge gyarados. It's defenses aren't as high, though.

The best gyarados counter is prediction. If you can switch in something that is hard hitting and still faster after gyra gets a DD, like Jolteon, you can make it switch out. Also, paralysis or burn really hurts it.
If you want something that will do something other than kill gyarados, Dusknior can use WoW and TPunch and have two more moves.
Breelom takes ice normal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)