ORAS OU Hyper Crusher

Yo,
I'm pretty new to Smogon and competitive battling in general, but I think I got a pretty decent team so far.
However, me being a newbie and all, there's gotta be something I missed. So here's the team!

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
Ah, yes. Kyurem-Black. One of the most controversial mons in ORAS OU because of it's SHEER OVERPOWEREDNESS(That's not a word)!!! Kyurem is the ultimate wall breaker, demolishing practically all Ground & Water types (save Excadrill) and even then does gargantuan damage to the likes of M. Sableye.
I have found it works very well with M. Lop, as Kyurem can hammer into unprepared teams as M. Lop cleans up the rest. However, it hates Scald and is weak to burn.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
But what happens if Kyurem can't break through? What if he's KO by a stray Bullet Punch or rocks? What if a wall is simply too strong? Then you need to be a bit sneakier. Gengar is the bane of stall, ending practically any stallmon out there. "But wait," I hear you say. "Isn't Gengar walled by Chansey?" Not if I TAUNT THE EVERLIVING GOD OUT OF IT!! Chansey can't do crap agaisnt gengar, while gengar can slowly whittle it down with sludge wave. The set is pretty standard: Wisp to rack up damage and stop physical sweepers in their tracks, Hex does wonders with Wisp, and can be useful against Gliscor, Taunt, and Sludge Wave, in case Hex can't do it.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Explosion
Azelf is the classic suicide lead, setting up rocks, taunting slower setup like Forretress, Skarm and Thorn, and Knock Off to get rid of their item. Focus Sash does really well a Azelf is guaranteed to live at least a couple of turns before exploding in their face.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off
Scizor both acts as cleanup and setup, with trademark moves such as Bullet Punch, Bug Bite and Swords Dance. Knock Off removes the item, which almost no one likes to have removed. It's a pretty typical set.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch
M. Lop acts as a janitor, cleaning the mess made by Kyurem and Gengar. It also acts to counter the many pesky Steel and Rock types that bother Kyurem so much. Extremely standard set, gave it ice punch to get of any leftover Grass and Ground types in the area.

Azumarill @ Watmel Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
Last but not least, another wallbreaker. But this time with a twist. I realized my team is pretty weak to Ferro and Scizor, and Azu seams to draw them both in, so I gave it Natural Gift with the Watmel berry to make Azu an effective lure and turn the tables in case I happen to be losing.

I realize my set is extremely predictable with the exception of Azu so if a team rater could help me with that, I would be very grateful.
Any help appreciated. Thx :)

Ok, to start off. Always put HJK on mega lop, drain punch just dosen't do enough to be worthwhile.
On Kyu-B, use this set because your EVs are a little bad:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost/HP Fire

Ice Beam to do insane damage to anything that dosen't resist it, Earth Power to cover steel and fire types that resist ice beam. Fusion Bolt to destroy bulky waters such as Slowbro, Mana, and Mega Gyarados.

To finish off, I would change your Scizor set to this one:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

This Scizor set will hit much harder than your last one.

Last edited:

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Hello Festus_Returns .

The first thing that stands out to me is Kyurem-Black's EV Spread. Fully investing into both offenses may make Kyurem-Black extremely powerful, it misses out on investing in Speed, leaving it outsped by Base 80s and more, who can come in on it and defeat it. In addition, a Brave Nature makes it even slower, so it can find itself being slower than a multitude of threats and knocked out before it can even attack. Because of this, I suggest you change Kyurem-Black's EV Spread to 20 Atk / 236 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd so it can outspeed Base 80s while still having ample investments in both offenses. In addition, you should replace Outrage with Earth Power for coverage against Steel Types. This also allows you to hit Rock and Steel types, and Excadrill, as well as Bisharp and Heatran, both of which are a threat to this team if certain mons have fainted prior.

Kyurem-Black's new EV Spread still allows it to defeat most Ground and Water Types with the simple combination of Ice Beam + Fusion Bolt.

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 377-445 (104.4 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 20 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 489-577 (138.5 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 20 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 104 Def Gyarados: 432-510 (109.9 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 20 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 187-221 (56.4 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

20 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 364-429 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 452-533 (107.6 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A Mega Lopunny + Kyurem-Black offensive core is cool and takes down many Stall Teams easily. I wouldn't change anything about Mega Lopunny besides tweaking one of its moves. I think that you are best running High Jump Kick over Drain Punch on Mega Lopunny as it gives it an extra burst of power over Drain Punch which allows it to score many KOs and 2HKOs that Drain Punch wouldn't be able to achieve due to its lack of power.

Your team is very weak to fairies, even with Scizor being in the equation. A more surefire and reliable way to take care of fairies would be Scarf Jirachi. STAB Iron Heads, plus a 60% chance to flinch, is a good way to come in and beat fairies more quickly than Scizor setting up a Swords Dance only to be OHKO'd by a Hidden Power [Fire]. Plus, the chance to flinch can be good in situations if you want to slowly edge out a tortorous win against your opponent. It can learn Fire Punch also, if you still fear Ferrothorn and Scizor.

High Jump Kick + Fake Out
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 23-27 (6.5 - 7.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 296-350 (84 - 99.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Drain Punch + Fake Out
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 23-27 (6.5 - 7.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 170-204 (48.2 - 57.9%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

High Jump Kick
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 420-494 (108.8 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Drain Punch + Fake Out
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 33-39 (8.5 - 10.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 242-288 (62.6 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

High Jump Kick + Fake Out
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 33-40 (8.1 - 9.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 220-259 (54.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Drain Punch + Fake Out
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 127-151 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 33-40 (8.1 - 9.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Your team has a lack of special attackers that makes it unable to do very well against Pokemon that can burn easily, such as Volcanion, Mega Sableye, and Slowbro. Volcanion resists all of Azu's moves and hits hard with Sludge Bomb, OHKOs Scizor, and hits the rest of your Pokemon very hard. Your only true special attacker, Gengar, has a stallbreaker set that apparently is supposed to beat Chansey, when in all actuality, just an Offensive set with Substitute would be enough to beat Chansey most of the time. It would be wise to take advantage of Gengar's power.

Okay I'm going to continue on this rate. Unfortunately, Azelf isn't very good in this metagame right now due to many factors, including the fact that it cannot do much against common leads such as Heatran and Garchomp. Landorus-Therian is a premier lead as of now, and it also uses Intimidate, a move which can increase your team's bulk.

In Short, the changes are:
(change moveset)
(change moveset)
(change moveset)
->

->

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Watmel Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Last edited:
To Subjugator:
Yeah, I was thinking of replacing Roost<Earthquake, to take advantage of Teravolt, as I think that although Roost is useful, Kyurem's Outrage is one of the most powerful moves in the metagame. Then I could give it Assault vest to give Kyurem a little more longetivity.

As for Gengar, Sludge Wave has proven as a good cleaning option as well, finishing off pokemon that M. Lop can't. Plus, I really don't want Gengar to have only one attacking move, as then it becomes suspectible to taunt.

I fully agree with you on Hi Jump Kick, as I noticed that I couldn't get crucial KO's at important parts in the match.

Thanks for all the support!

To Subjugator:
Yeah, I was thinking of replacing Roost<Earthquake, to take advantage of Teravolt, as I think that although Roost is useful, Kyurem's Outrage is one of the most powerful moves in the metagame. Then I could give it Assault vest to give Kyurem a little more longetivity.

As for Gengar, Sludge Wave has proven as a good cleaning option as well, finishing off pokemon that M. Lop can't. Plus, I really don't want Gengar to have only one attacking move, as then it becomes suspectible to taunt.

I fully agree with you on Hi Jump Kick, as I noticed that I couldn't get crucial KO's at important parts in the match.

Thanks for all the support!
Wait, nevermind. kyurem can't learn earthquake "-_-

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
I think Life Orb Kyurem-Black is fine; if you choose to stay with Outrage, it will hit ridiculously hard. Assault Vest makes it very bulky, but the power drop is noticeable when you cannot KO things like Azumarill. On the other hand, Roost will allow Kyurem-Black to stay on the field longer.

Gengar with Substitute can defeat Chansey while still keeping a good offensive presence.

I think Life Orb Kyurem-Black is fine; if you choose to stay with Outrage, it will hit ridiculously hard. Assault Vest makes it very bulky, but the power drop is noticeable when you cannot KO things like Azumarill. On the other hand, Roost will allow Kyurem-Black to stay on the field longer.

Gengar with Substitute can defeat Chansey while still keeping a good offensive presence.
Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I tried using Scarf Jirachi, but other mons keep outspeeding me... so I tried a troll Jirachi set. It works really well against slower wall breakers, and makes a lot of rage quits. Plus, it's hilarious to use.

Lando-T works out pretty well, although fast attackers with ice attacks are a pretty big problem. Intimidate helps a lot though.

Thanks for all the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)