It's Knight Time! (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Bisharp is pretty much the sweeper of my team and the only bulky psychic check I have. If this thing gets set up, it pretty much wrecks teams (if I predict correctly). Plus, it synergizes well with Azumarill because it can take on steel types, Ferrothorn if at +2, especially. Plus, sucker punch is a real life saver sometimes to stop sweeps.​

Easter (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Facade

Azumarill one of the revenge killers on my team and can really put a dent into anything it hits even if they resist it. Aqua Jet is for priority, Knock Off is for a situation when I don't know what is coming in, Play Rough is for the obvious STAB, and Facade makes this thing a status absorber and lets it stay usable after a burn.

Zeus (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

Thundurus is my only check to fast teams as its great ability lets it paralyze anything that isn't a ground type. Its also my only check to Dragonite if I can't get a free switch in with Azumarill. It also works really well with Bisharp because it allows Bisharp to use its most powerful moves and outspeed pretty much everything so it doesn't have to use sucker punch shenanigans. Superpower is for a suprise KO on Bisharp and Tyranitar.

Smaug (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Charizard Y is my special wall breaker and my main check to Mega Sableye. Fire Blast hits insanely hard in the sun, putting a dent in anything that switches into it, allowing a 2HKO 90% of the time. This is a pretty standard set but I was thinking about changing Dragon Pulse to Roost to heal up but then it leaves him as set up fodder to Dragonite.

Larry (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill was the newest addition to this team. It replaced a unique Mew set I ran to Defog support and Baton Pass a few Bulk Ups to Bisharp or Azumarill. It swept a number of teams but only worked about 30% of the time. Priority and hard hitting mons stopped mew from passing, especially Charizard X and Talonflame. So to replace my hazard removal and add a check to the previously mentioned, I added scarf Excadrill. The set is pretty self explanatory.

Nightmare (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex

This Gengar set works miracles. Most of the time, people don't expect this set because most people run a fast hard hitting sash user. So when I go for the substitute or will o wisp, people are really caught off guard. I also use substitute to scout their next move. Will o Wisp shuts down a lot of threats to my team and Gengar, allowing him to KO with Hex which is both STAB and 130 base power after a status (which is also abundant due to Thundurus t-wave). Taunt is just there to stop set ups, rocks, and shut down Chansey completely.

As for threats, this team definitely struggles with opposing Thundurus because of t-wave and a weakness to electric, Serperior at +2, DD Dragonite if I can't to it first with Thundurus, and stall teams because they just status and phase out with rocks + whirlwind.

Please gives me any tips you have! I want to ladder really bad!

Hey! I really like the looking of your team. However I see some flaws that can be corrected. I won't make any changes to ur team members for now. Instead I'm going to change some of your Pokémon moves sets.

BISHARP
I would recommend having Pursuit > Swords Dance, as it can trap Lati@s that wall M-Charizard Y.

AZUMARILL
Instead of running Facade on Azu, I suggest having Superpower and Waterfall instead of Knock Off and Facade. The burn status isn't really an issue as ur Charizard can come in safely on a Will-o-Wisp or Lava Plume.

THUNDURUS
This change is up to you, since it is just a preference of mine, Focus Blast > Superpower and change EVS to 4 Def/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe

CHARIZARD
Roost
is a must have on Zard Y as it gives it much more longevity. With this being said, I suggest you replace Dragon Pulse < Roost. Dragon Pulse doesn't help you with much. Since you have Bisharp and Azu on ur back, Lati@s aren't much of an issue. Garchomp also gets 2hkoed by Fire Blast in Sun after Rocks damage.

EXCADRILL
Now, for Excadrill I suggest u you run a SDef set on it instead of scarf. Scar Exca doesn't benefit your team that much. Zard X is easily checked by Azu and crippled down by TWAVE Thundy. As it also gives you a SR setter which is a must In the OU tier.

GENGAR
For the last Pokémon of your team I don't have much to say. You could replace Taunt < Sludge Bomb, cause threatening set uppers like Zard X or M-Gyarados aren't that threatening to you for the reasons mentioned above.

Hope you like these small changes to ur team, enjoy.

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt/ Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:
Ehy man :)
The team haven't a Stealth Rock Setter, that isimportant in this metagame, also the Sand Teams destroy this team really easily, because you don't have pokemon that can swich-in on Excadrill for example, also Bisharp is really annoying, because you don't have a good resistor, and Azumarill that is your only Dark Resistor is hit with Iron Head. Also you don't have a good swich-in to Lopunny, and your only mode to kill it is with revegekill with Azumarill or with Thundurus (T-Wave). Keledeo is really annoying because Thundurus can't swich-in, also Azumarill risk the burn. For this reason my suggest is to try Landorus-T>Gengar Landorus gives you a good check to Lopunny and Metagross (No Ice Punch) and helps against sand Sand Teams that destroy this team. Also gives you a good Stealth Rock Setter that is important in this Metagame.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Landorus although it helps a lot greatly increased your weak to Bisharp, that destroy this team, for this reason my suggest is to try Keldeo>Azumarill Keldeo gives you a good check for Bisharp and Weavile and helps against Stall Team. For the four move-slot you have many good option to try, for example Ice Wind, that lure Latios/Latias that are the main check to Charizard Y, also Hidden Power Electric is a good option to lure Azumarill, but ice wind is the best choice. For the item you can try a Scarf Set, that gives you a good Revegekiller and helps against Lopunny Ice Punch and Weavile, but Specs isn't a bed option.
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

You don't have good swich-in to opposing Keldeo, that destroy this team, because your Keldeo is hit with Secred Sword and Thundurus don't is a good swich-in on Scald/Hydro Pump for this reason my suggest is to try Latios>Excadrill Latios check Manectric and Fast Electric Type, gives a defog support for Charizard, and helps against Keldeo :)
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

these were the biggest changes we now go to fix minor ones:
4 Evs on Def>HP on Charizard Y to reduce the Stealth Rock damage, also Charizard needs to Roost that is indispensable: Roost keeps Mega Charizard Y healthy and mitigates Stealth Rock damage.
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Also Life Orb is the best item on Offensive Bisharp, but if you hate the recoil Black glasses isn't bad, but lost a power. Also I think that in this team Pursuit Bisharp (with black glasses obv) is the best option because trap latios and latias that are the main check of Charizard.

Thundurus need to Life Orb to make really bad, leftovers is usable but loses a lot of power. Also Thundurus don't really need to Superpower in this team, because you have Landorus , keldeo and Charizard that hit Tyranitar, Knock Off is really good because allows you against Stall and hit Latios/Latias for Charizard and Keldeo.

Summary of the changes
  1. Keldeo>Azumarill
  2. Latios>Excadrill
  3. Landorus>Gengar
  4. Charizard set
  5. Bisharp item
  6. Thundurus item
Team Complete:
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zeus (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock off

It's Knight Time! (Bisharp) black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Hope help you! :)

Last edited:
Hey!
This team appears to be quite solid, but there are some decent optimizations that can be made;
  • You have HO, but you don't seem to be running any hazards; You should probably fix that by running something like Lando-T/Garchomp>Gengar; to give you a proper way to inflict chip damage by forcing switches. I'd probably go for Garchomp so at to give you a way to wear down stuff like Mega Lopunny/Mega Metagross/BD Azu/Talonflame/Bisharp.

• Your team seems, like it would like a Mega more suited to this kind of team; I suggest running either of Mega Manectric/Mega Lopunny; either makes far more sense than ZardY here solely because of their incredible speed tiers which let them out speed most of the un Scarf'd metagame, and makes them extremely good cleaners.

• If you do opt to go for Mega Manectric, that basically opens up the Thundurus-I slot, because both of them for the most part checking the same things i.e. Bird Spam, while Mega Manectric has the added benefit of a much better speed tier. Even running Garchomp/Lando-T, Bisharp continues to be a threat and you also probably want something that can help Mega Manectric clean late game; So I'd say Scarf Keldeo>Thundy-I for the most part; because of how it give you an extra check to Mega Lopunny,Mega Gyarados,Mega Scizor and can revenge ZardX at +1.

• Speaking of which opposing Keldeo, looks like a huge threat so two options are there pretty much. Offensive Roost Defog Latias/Latios>Excadrill OR running AVest Azumarril to possibly let you switch in more comfortably. I would actually suggest going for AVest/Lum Azumarril to help you check Keldeo, and let you keep Scarf Excadrill, which versus a lot of offenses just wins once the Lando-T is removed/gives you possibly the best way to stop Volt Switch, and is an offensive way to check stuff like Mega Metagross/Mega Lopunny/Mega ZardX at +1.
Hopefully these suggestions help you out! Enjoy!~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)