ORAS OU Hyper Offensive OU

HYPER OFFENSIVE (FUN) TEAM

I'm not sure about you but I am sick to death with stalled out battles that take up 20+ turns of my life. I'm done with trying to make the perfect balanced team, only to have it continuously squashed by some minor fault that just comes out of nowhere. That's why... we run it hyper offensive boiz.

I'm currently sitting at about 1335 on the OU ladder after only using this team alone, which has worked out to be quite good considering I started off at around ~1000 earlier this evening. Feel free to make any comments on this team about how bad it is and how flawed hyper offensive is... after you've tested it out for yourself.

By the way, the mindset that you should take on when playing with this team is that you are going straight out HAM and are not afraid to lose Pokémon. We're all here to have fun after all.

Without further ado let us get into the team:

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain​

I almost always lead with Serperior due to the fact that getting off a Leaf Storm against almost any Pokémon is extremely worth it in my opinion. Most of the opposing lead Pokémon that I have come across have been Landorus-T, Ferrothorn and Garchomp. Most of them will assume that you have made a mistake and will opt to switch out against them, allowing for them to get a free Stealth Rock on the field. I've even had a few Ferrothorn's using Leech Seed on me assuming that I'm switching out. Not today pal. Open up with one Leaf Storm and then use your other moves to knock the opponent out. Unless you miss the 90% accuracy and proceed to cry copious amounts of tears.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
Excadrill is dead set overpowered as hell and provides good coverage when dealing with fairy-types, steel-types, fire-types, rock-types, flying-types, .... any type. His move pool is quite balanced and covers a range of weakness that counter this team. Its main use in this team is to take any steel or flying-type moves and then counter with it's ultimate ability Mold Breaker that easily lets you dispose of any of the annoying Rotoms with Earthquake.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell​

One Dragon Dance from this bad boy and you can easily deal massive chunks into your enemies' team. With the heinous amount of dragon-type Pokémon running around your Mega-Altaria can easily check them in place especially when they're locked into Outrage or Choice Scarf Draco Meteor. You can use this to get up a free Dragon Dance and then proceed to crush your team from there. Earthquake is here for coverage against steel and poison-type Pokémon and Heal Bell is awesome for removing Thunder Wave, Toxic and Will-O-Wisp from yourself or other members in your team.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 174 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower​

Man this thing is so damn strong and has great coverage as well. A well-predicted Superpower can easily throw your opponent off guard when they send out a steel-type to deal with this thing. Aqua Jet is there for priority, and when it is combined with Huge Power and Choice Band it can easily smack anything down with great strength. It's bulky nature means that it can also tank a few shots before it goes down. Even a not very effective Waterfall can still do quite a bit of damage to opposing sweepers who have no investment in physical or special defence.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam

You get two Tail Glows up and your enemy is toast when it comes up against this thing. A lot of people in the lower tiers don't seem to understand what Hydration does in the rain. Switch this out against a stall Pokémon like Clefable or Alomomola and start setting up the Tail Glow. The best thing they can do against you is use Toxic or Thunder Wave. All you need to do is put up one Rain Dance if that is the case and let Hydration do its thing. I've OHKO an Alomomola with Scald at 100% health after two Tail Glows. This thing can easily sweep a team, and having it with HP investment makes it quite nice and bulky.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Alakazam now has some use to me! Having Magic Guard means that you can avoid all damage with Stealth Rocks and proceed to T-Wave any thread on your opponents team that will prevent your team to sweep easily. It's excellent coverage of moves also means that you can smack a few things down after you get the job done of paralysing your enemy threats.

-//-

That's it I suppose for my team. It's pretty fun to use because I've been in this "I'm just going to do as much damage as possible" mode and am not really caring about my position in the ladder. This team is just for fun purposes, though I hope you can utilise it in a way that can carry you through the ladder. If you have any suggestions to make my team stronger feel free to post it below. Otherwise, you may use it if you like! I'm thinking about switching Alakazam for something...

Thread List: Choice Band Bullet Punch Scizor is annoying as hell. Max Defence Landorus-T is also super annoying as well if you can't get Manaphy in to Ice Beam it.

Last edited:
Pretty cool team only thing is you get rekt by tornadus-T

160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 178-211 (49 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 156-184 (62.1 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altaria: 144-169 (49.4 - 58%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 306-362 (84.7 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

There is nothing that can outspeed that can 2 hit KO it.

I would suggest (although it's HO) a SpD altaria.
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Here are some calcs then.
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Altaria: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.1%) -- 95.6% chance to 3HKO
216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Altaria: 153-183 (43.2 - 51.6%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO

And maybe change excadrill to scarf and give LO to alakazam.
Alakazam reks alot of things with LO and outspeed most of the pokes in OU. And when you have scarf you can't change your moves.
Also encore over energy ball because you can then deal alot better with hazard set uppers and set uppers in general. (also run then magic guard with LO no recoil)

pretty solid team overall, couple minor nitpicks

no reason whatsoever to run poison jab on excadrill, only hits fairy and grass and all fairies lose to iron head (azu gets hit but that should take a hell of a lot from eq anyway so it's not gonna be a switchin). all grass types in ou have poison as secondary so eq is stronger anyway. You can run spin for hazard removal but your team isn't horribly weak to hazards.

cs zam is kinda weak, i'd recommend magic guard sash zam with twave to stop sweepers and focus blast + psychic + shadow ball for good coverage. This allows you a second chance if the opponent sets up to +2 speed and only lose zam in the process. gives you a chance to revenge tflame because mana + azu take hefty chunks.

also try runnin 84 speed evs on azu so it outspeeds ttar and clef.

pretty solid team overall, couple minor nitpicks

no reason whatsoever to run poison jab on excadrill, only hits fairy and grass and all fairies lose to iron head (azu gets hit but that should take a hell of a lot from eq anyway so it's not gonna be a switchin). all grass types in ou have poison as secondary so eq is stronger anyway. You can run spin for hazard removal but your team isn't horribly weak to hazards.

cs zam is kinda weak, i'd recommend magic guard sash zam with twave to stop sweepers and focus blast + psychic + shadow ball for good coverage. This allows you a second chance if the opponent sets up to +2 speed and only lose zam in the process. gives you a chance to revenge tflame because mana + azu take hefty chunks.

also try runnin 84 speed evs on azu so it outspeeds ttar and clef.
I've got Poison Jab on there to deal with the likes of Celebi and Breloom. I can OHKO a Breloom at 100% health with LO boosted Poison Jab! I've also switched Alakazam to the T-Wave/Sash set and switched up the Azumarill speed set :)

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Cool team, but it could use a couple changes.

Suggestions
Alakazam would be better with its Hidden Ability Magic Guard which makes it not take field hazards and immune to burn and poison damage. Replace Dazzling Gleam with Focus Blast/Miss as this will let you be able to hit Steel types such as Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. I think Focus Sash would be better as it can revenge kill by living with 1 HP. Also if you want to run Scarf, give it Trick over Energy Ball to ruin walls/tanks such as Chansey as it lures it in.
There is no reason to run Poison Jab as Iron Head can hit fairies anyway. Replace Poison Jab with Rapid Spin to remove field hazards so Altaria can come in without taking Stealth Rock damage. I would run Choice Scarf outspeed and kill Mega Metagross, Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Manectric which are all threats to your team.
Its set is fine but give it this EV Spread EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe as this allows you to outspeed Tyranitar and base 60s below such as Clefable, while still having some bulk.
Now like what Jariibo said you are weak to Tornadus-T. I'm going suggest Glare over Giga Drain, as Serperior lures it in, then by the turn it switches using Glare it Paralyzes Tornadus-T crippling it making it easier for your team to care of. (Glare can Paralyze ground types but can't Paralyze Electric types)
I would run Frustration over Return for Ditto, which the Ditto won't do much damage from Frustration. Ditto isn't common but it is a pain.
Change Manaphy's EV Spread to this EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe with Timid Nature, this allows you to outspeed Modest Mega Gardevoir which is a threat as none of your team wants to take a hit from it. Since you said Scizor is a threat to your team, I suggest Hidden Power Fire over Rain Dance to do some major damage to it. HP Fire will also allow you to hit Ferrothorn which walls Manaphy. If you want, run Wacan Berry over leftovers as this allows you to live Thundurus's T-Bolt and revenge killing it with a +3 Tail Glow boosted Ice Beam. I hope I helped, have a nice day ^_^

Alakazam @ Choice Scarf/Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick/Energy Ball

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry/Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cool team, but it could use a couple changes.

Suggestions
Alakazam would be better with its Hidden Ability Magic Guard which makes it not take field hazards and immune to burn and poison damage. Replace Dazzling Gleam with Focus Blast/Miss as this will let you be able to hit Steel types such as Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. I think Focus Sash would be better as it can revenge kill by living with 1 HP. Also if you want to run Scarf, give it Trick over Energy Ball to ruin walls/tanks such as Chansey as it lures it in.
There is no reason to run Poison Jab as Iron Head can hit fairies anyway. Replace Poison Jab with Rapid Spin to remove field hazards so Altaria can come in without taking Stealth Rock damage. I would run Choice Scarf outspeed and kill Mega Metagross, Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Manectric which are all threats to your team.
Its set is fine but give it this EV Spread EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe as this allows you to outspeed Tyranitar and base 60s below such as Clefable, while still having some bulk.
Now like what Jariibo said you are weak to Tornadus-T. I'm going suggest Glare over Giga Drain, as Serperior lures it in, then by the turn it switches using Glare it Paralyzes Tornadus-T crippling it making it easier for your team to care of. (Glare can Paralyze ground types but can't Paralyze Electric types)
I would run Frustration over Return for Ditto, which the Ditto won't do much damage from Frustration. Ditto isn't common but it is a pain.
Change Manaphy's EV Spread to this EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe with Timid Nature, this allows you to outspeed Modest Mega Gardevoir which is a threat as none of your team wants to take a hit from it. Since you said Scizor is a threat to your team, I suggest Hidden Power Fire over Rain Dance to do some major damage to it. HP Fire will also allow you to hit Ferrothorn which walls Manaphy. If you want, run Wacan Berry over leftovers as this allows you to live Thundurus's T-Bolt and revenge killing it with a +3 Tail Glow boosted Ice Beam. I hope I helped, have a nice day ^_^

Alakazam @ Choice Scarf/Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick/Energy Ball

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry/Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Dittos run 0 happiness

not exactly a rate but good job, we need to bring the hype for hyper offense back up again after the major dragon spam and weather nerf that happened in this generation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)