Hyper Offensive Team! Peaked 1830 on P.S!

Hello Smogon Community! I have had a lot of success with this team. I am not a fan of weather and I still wanted to create a very successful team. My team has its obvious weaknesses when you take a look and I would like it if people gave me other suggestions. Without further a due, let get to it.

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Deoxys-D is very important for an aggressive team. Compared to other entry hazard setters, Deoxys-D is incredibly fast. With Stealth Rocks and Spikes, it makes the jobs of my sweepers a lot easier. Taunt is requires to prevent the same thing happening to me. Magic coat helps protect me against other taunts, and immobilizes other pokemon such as Sableye, and other Deoxys-D. Red Card has various uses. One, it can takes away momentum from sweepers. Also when u-turn or volt switches into Deoxys-D, the pokemon they wanted to take out that can probably take care of my Deoxys-D most likely does not show up.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite is one incredible sweeper. First of all, i picked a Jolly Dragonite due to the fact it allows me to outspeed some pokemon I wouldn't normally be easy to beat. With a Lum Berry and Multiscale, it is very easy to get a successful Dragon Dance off. This gives me access to a extremely powerful ExtremeSpeed off and when time is right, Outrage can take out a few pokemon. I picked Fire Punch over any other move due to the fact it covers a lot pokemon within the OU meta.

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Breloom is an incredibly threatening sweeper in OU. I picked Breloom because with Bullet Seed, it can take out a lot of pokemon such as Rotom-W and Jellicent with ease. It can be sent against slower pokemon to get a nice spore off. With that being said, I picked low sweep over swords dance because either the opponent can leave an asleep pokemon out or have its next pokemon speed cut so Breloom can most likely get another hit off.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Best wall breaker in the meta. With the access to Close Combat and Stone Edge, Terrakion can almost take care of anything. I have X-Scissor for some pokemon my team has trouble against such as Celebii or even something like a Reneculus becomes easier to kill. I chose Quick Attack on my Terrakion as it gives me another priority attack on the team to help clean up.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Here is my Rapid Spin Blocker. In my opinion it is the best in the meta. Tentacruel doesn't do much against it, Donphan gets killed by scald, and with a high special defence, it can take a thunder from a Starmie easily. Cursed body really messes with choice users as they are forced to switch out. This allows to to will-o-wisp or recover according to the situation. Yea, this is a pain to deal with and I like it!

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Here is the revenge killer. It outspends all the dragons in the meta. The reason why I have a Ice Beam over surf is because it covers more than surf. Secondly it allows my Latios to continue fighting when I need it to. It also helps out because with Tornadus-T out of the picture, the popularity of landerous, celebii and virizion has risen. I might want trick back as it will give me more flexibility but I am unsure of what I want to take out. I do not want hidden power fire because it decreases the speed of latios.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, a weatherless team with Deoxys-D, I probably must rate :P

Okay, first thing you don't have Gengar, you just broke my heart. But, it's your choice, let's accept it :\
You said you had some flaws, let's see that.

The weaknesses :

- Celebi will be a pain. Usually he can take a Draco Meteor and Recover on the same turn, ruining your Latios and forcing you to let one of your sweepers take a hit or a Thunder Wave. You only have X-Scissor to hit Celebi, or Fire Punch. Well, big Outrages will probably kill Celebi but in fact, the offensive version with Nasty Plot can be annoying.
With HP Ice, Celebi can surprise kill almost everybody because the Grass/Ice coverage hits super effectively all your sweepers. And since he can wall Breloom, Jellicent, locked Terrak he won't find many issues to set-up.

- Sun teams with Venusaur. You got Dragonite and that's fine, but that's "all". And some Venusaur pack HP Ice to kill Dragons. Even the Sludge bomb version in fact will get the job done against your team. Sleep powering someone, then boosting and killing everybody pretty easily. It's quite hard for HO without Ice Shard to kill Venusaur usually . Or you need a bunch of priorities. You got Extreme Speed which is fine but not enough.

- It's annoying for your team to face Landorus-T. Sadly you don't have much to hit him to be honest, and you can't bring Latios and get locked each time you see the Landorus-T. He also got a pretty nice coverage against your sweepers bar Breloom who is too frail anyway. Jellicent takes a massiv chunk from Earthquake, being easily 2HKO'd.
To sum up, he can come easily, and threaten everybody, this is an issue.

- Scizor will be also annoying. Each time you get your Latios in, he can switch in and grab the momentum with U-Turn (what you don't like in a HO). Moreover, Bullet Punch hits hard and Pursuit can surprise your Jellicent and trap you if you're low HP.

- Weavile is not far from being a pokemon able to 6-0 on his own. You're also a little Mamoswine weak, but well that's common in a HO.

- Magic Bounce, you probably HATE it. You're focused on the Fighting coverage and you don't have Gengar, so Magic Bouncers will really be annoying, you can't even trap them or something. You worst nightmare would be Magic Bounce+Screens, this can totally ruin your offensive pressure.

Okay, that's a lot of weaknesses right ? Well not really, it's pretty classic to have those weaknesses in a HO I guess.

My changes :

- I really don't like to see a CB in a HO. It's not like your team got the defensive skeleton to back up choiced stuff too much. Having a Scarf that can have his power divided by 2 is already awful, you don't want to potentially lose more tempo by locking yourself in a wrong move.
Instead of Terrakion, you could try Weavile.
I believe, that you won't lack so much the CC because you already have Breloom, and Weavile got Low Kick. With Weavile you can trap Magic Bouncers, which is HUGE. You can also kill Venusaur after few previous damages (like SR+2Spikes iirc) and this is a life savior. You obviously can revenge kill Dragons, without being forced to use this Draco Meteor. Thus, you leave less you to set-up for your opponent.
The thing with Weavile, is that you could have more issue to break through Jirachi under Rain. But well, Terrakion couldn't do too too much aswell.
And Weavile patches many of the weaknesses I mentionned (Celebi, Mamoswine, not afraid of Landorus-T and can revenge him if RP..)

I don't want to make any other massiv change. You'll have to deal with Scizor and Weavile because I won't ask you to put Keldeo (this would be almost my team after xd) over Latios.
However.. now that I think about it, a Scarf Starmie could be your guy. So well, if you want to try something else, you can try Starmie. You will lose the big Draco Meteor but win Speed (to beat opposing Lati@s but now you got Weavile anyway) and get some useful typing.

For the minor changes :

- I don't get the Nature on Dragonite. I see no reason to play Jolly. Or maybe to not be revenge killed at +1 by Scarf Rotom-W HP Ice.. seriously I'm really curious about that "the fact it allows me to outspeed some pokemon I wouldn't normally be easy to beat". So, unless you bring me a nice explanation about a threat that I did overlook, I suggest you to go back to the Adamant Nature.

- Same stuff for Breloom. There is no reason for me to play Jolly. Unless you want to kill some max Speed Jolly Scizor without no scarf (I saw that one, but I truly think that it's shit and I'm still mad about this guy randomly chosing Natures/EVs). So same as above, provide me with a good explanation, or consider thhe Adamant nature ;)

THE SETS

Weavile @ Life Orb
Pressure
32 HP / 252 AtK / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Night Slash / Ice Punch

The EVs should be the new ones used for every LO Weavile. You outspeed Alakazam, the fastest threat in OU in Weavile's range. The rest is put in HP to give a good LO number, and to increased the survability when you switch in, let's say, a Starmie's attack.

I hope I helped, good luck with your HO !

TL;DR

Weavile over Terrakion
Adamant on Dragonite
Adamant on Breloom

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi!

Your title said it was an hyper offensive team, so what is jellicent doing in this team? for sure its better then other ghosts at antispinning, but it slows your team too much and it will end up being sitting duck for too much things, his offensive presence its not the best either since it can only burn things and kill some stuff like Infernape with scald, otherwhise you are not going to damage anything.
Also, i think you can try something else over your scarf latios, since its generally not the best option as a scarfed mon in my opinion because the drop of draco meteor will let set up too many things and it will make you lose momentum, its also very easy to pursuit since scizor and tyranitar takes nothing from his moves.

Now, i would put a scarf gengar instead of jellicent. This will give you a nice revenge killer as well as an offensive antispinner. Gengar doesnt have the drop and with Shadow ball and focus blast it does neutral damage to the whole metagame. As for the others moves, you should use destiny bond, because its the best move to kill spinners, which is the main role of gengar, as well as revenge killing stuff in a pinch. Lastly, you can chose hidden power fire, if you feel like scizor is problematic for you, and it can also kill forretress. You can also try Thunder to damage more Tentacruel and water types in general, such as politoed or Keldeo. Scarf gengar also helps out against offensive starmie, which can thunder on jellicent so that it can spin away hazards.

Now, since you have scarf gengar you dont need anymore scarf latios. The set you can try is the offensive calm mind: this is one the best set to use in heavy offense because it doesnt soffer the lose of momentum due to draco meteor. The set you should use is Surf / Psyshock / Dragon pulse / Calm mind. Dragon pulse is your stab that hits everything non steel, surf catch tyranitar, scizor, and heatran, while psyshock helps against some things like keldeo, and in conjunction with lum berry as your item you can easily beat blissey.Lum berry helps setting up calm mind, since it avoid toxic or burn which are very common in bulky waters like Tentacruel and politoed.
Thats it i guess, hope it helped!

Latios (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder / Hidden power fire

Hey there, just a nitpick: try out skill swap on Deo-D + mental herb as item.
With skill swap you are able to set up rocks against teams with a magic bouncer!

Hey guys thanks for the help!

@Remedy- I'll definitely try out weavile! I love having more powerful prio moves! The only thing i would really need once i take out terrakion is find another pokemon that can fill in a rock move which makes it easy to kill some foes. I like jolly breloom...that faster breloom is, the more opportunities i have for getting spore off. and as for Jolly dragonite, ill probably give him adamant lol.

@Neliel Tu Oderschvank- I agree with you and jellicent to a certain extent, however jellicent helps me cripple some people which allows my sweepers to actually setup. Plus sometimes i do not want to sack a sweeper and this is where jellicent comes into play as he is able to take a lot of things. I also got scald onto a few times by a tenta when predicting a rapid spin lol. As for latios, ill give that build a try!

@sebixxl- I'll give that a try!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If you want a Rock move, you can definitely try RockTomb/StoneEdge over SD on Breloom. Give it a try with an Adamant Nature, because as I said, Jolly got like few advantages.. really few. You would really love the extra power.
SD Loom is fine, but in HO you don't always have time to set-up, and you don't want to be a set-up bait. Loom can hit hard on the switch stuff like Dragonite, Thundurus-T.. on the switch with a Rock move, and not them thel set-up ! It also hits neutraly Celebi, Lati@s, Amoonguss.. and all the comon Breloom's counters.

Well, food for thoughts !

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello!

Okay so I'm confused: why are you running a defensive Jellicent on a Heavy Offensive team? I would recommend DestinySashGengar, as it's fairly good at beating Starmie as well as getting Destiny kills. It's also a good counter to both Breloom (which ruins all but DNite, but players such as myself have used Stone Edge loom before...), and Celebi. It also checks and stops RP Landorus-I, as well as being able to switch into Landy-T without a +2 boost. It's also a good check for the Lati twins, which otherwise kind've run you flat.

Ok, next: I find Banded Terrakion really inferior to SubSalac when using DeoD. SubSalac just boats more sweeping oppurtunities, and Gengar and Latios don't mind too much about Skarm or Hippo anyway.

Alright so now I'm concerned for that Scarf Latios. Why do you need Scarf Latios? I'd rather see any other Scarfer. As you can see, Dragonite is a great counter to sun so using Scarf Latios is kind've moot. Instead, I would try to go with Scarf Jirachi. You really have a hard time against Dragons as it is (see Dragonite + Latios), and I would love the use of Scarf Rachi since it gets that awesome HW recovery, which is great for DeoD teams like this.

As for your DeoD, why are you using the Red Card set? I would think this HO team would prefer the support of Thunder Wave DeoD. Much more useful for this team since you can cripple set up for the rest of your team to pound. Not to mention its more reliable vs. Taunt users. I'd probably switch the EVs to 252 Hp / 66 Def / 186 Spe since Thunder Wave cuts speed anyway and you really don't need all that speed anymore, which makes it a bit bulkier. You hit 290 so you outspeed Adamant Gliscor and below so nothing should be taunting you and you can preferably Twave anything faster. Also, I'd switch Jolly to Adamant on Dragonite. I really don't see the point of jolly anymore unless you are really fearing that Scarf toed lol. Also, take 4 HP evs away and into anything else from Dragonite.

On Breloom, I find SD makes it a much huger threat than using Low Sweep but that's just a personal fix. You could also run Stone Edge if you fear Dragonites.

Sets
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish / Fire Punch

Minor Nitpicks

Dragonite: Adamant over Jolly || 4 HP evs should go into Def / SDef
Breloom: Swords Dance or Stone Edge over Low Sweep
Terrakion: Run Salac Berry over Band and use Swords Dance and Substitute respectively
Deoxys-D: Run Mental Herb + Thunder Wave over Red Card and Magic Coat || Change the EV spread to 252 Hp | 66 Def | 186 Spe​

Good Luck!
~ Shurtugal ~

Shurtugal thanks for your insight! The reason why I had jelli is because i needed someone to put infront of a draco meteor and jirachi solves that! This gives me the ability to put gengar on my team. However I feel that focus sash will get wrecked half the time with stealth rocks or even a rapid spin bluff. I will try him put tho! That was very helpful!

Hello ! I'm french so i'm sorry for my mistakes ^^'
I really like your team because it looks like mine. But i think you can make some improvement.
First, i suggest a dual screen doexys over your spiker doexys. With screens you can set up two DD easily with dragonite or hurt powerfully your adversary without take many damages.

You can replace jellicent with scarf gengar, because jellicent may break the rythm of your team. But without jellicent you lack a pokemon who can resist to dragon attacks.

So i advise you to replace latios by heatran he give you a powerful fire attack which is very useful against scizor, ferrothorn and forretress. Moreover he can take a few dragons moves and he is very resistant under screens.

Sets
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Deoxys-Defense @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)