ORAS OU Hyper Offensive 'Zard X Team

Hello, after a while out of the scene I am back and I have a new team that I wanna try out, now I've had some success with it while other times I have failed miserably with it, so please tell me your opinion on any possible fixes that I could need. Thank you ahead of time

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Nothing special here, just a DDancing Mega Zard X that can sweep anything on their best day when used properly. Don't normally use him until middle to late of the battle when it's time to sweep.

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

95% of the time he's my lead due to Stealth Rock, the other 5% times are either misclicks or I want to get status on them with the Pokemon below him. He also hits pretty hard due to him having Swords and I can actually use him as a late game sweeper, I chose Rough Skin over Sand Veil just to put more chip damage on the opponent.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide

My other main lead of the team, use him just mainly to get Toxic and TWave out and just have him be a nuisance to the opponent but he can still hit pretty hard due to him being...well Tyranitar.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

My spinner to rid my field of any hazard, also like to use the Sand Rush ability to my advantage to hit Fairy types with Iron Head or take down Talonflame with Rock Slide/Heatran with Earthquake even though I normally will outspeed the latter.

Starmie @ Focus Band
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Starmie was a tough one for me to include, yes its powerful and can pack quite a wallop with how diverse its movepool really is, but it doesn't really take hits well so I am always cautious when I use him, normally send him out to deal with the checks and counters to Charizard/Garchomp.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt
- Dragon Pulse

Serperior is my wall breaker, I see myself winning more matches due to him being right place right time and having Contrary as an ability. He hits Scizor, Celebi and Jirachi really hard with HP Fire, and I can use Leaf Storm once or twice to boost his SP.Atk to deal with Manaphy, Hippowdon or just to deal massive damage.

thoughts below, open to changing anything/anyone on the team

Cool team ya got there but it has some problems.

Garchomp,your team is very weak to things like mega pinsir scarf landorus ect so having a own ladorus of your own is very good for your team,landorus can also gain momentum for you and u-turn out on things like skarmory and then you go into your charizard and dragon dance and potentially sweep remember to put stealth rock on this for some good hazard support.

Tyranitar,first off with this set is i definitely put chople berry over leftoves as mega alakazam is a huge threat to your team,your attacking moves of choice are also odd cross out toxic for pursuit so you can trap bulky psychic types like latias alakazam ect.Next remove thunder wave and switch that out ice beam so you can hit landorus gliscor and garchomps with ease,as for your last attack switch out rock slide for crunch so you dont have to rely on a 40 base power attack to hit something that you think isn't switching out.The evs are also weird it should be 80 defense 180 special defense and 248 hp relaxed nature.

Starmie,personally i would make it a defensive variant if you want it to take hits with 252 hp and 252 speed timid i recommend using that ev spread,if you are going to keep using the same set though use life orb over focus band as focus band isn't reliable whatsoever.

Serperior,not much is rong but i recommend using a sub sees set to cripple things like heatran and charizard x for your charizard x,s substitute eases predictions for serperior and its a great combo with leech seed so put it over taunt and put leech seed over dragon pulse.Make the ev spread 56 hp 200 special attack and 252 speed timid this spread makes sure that a hydro pump from rotom wash can't break subsitute.

I hope my rating helped :))) .

Or Id you want to keep offensive serperior run giga drain and life orb. Taunt isn't great on serperior

Last edited:
Or Id you want to keep offensive serperior run giga drain and life orb. Taunt isn't great on serperior
Tbh either way he goes works well the serperior thing was just to keep in consideration even though its ho or some kind of offense i still think sub seed can work for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)