I am Lord Zedd emperor of all I see before me

Hello my fellow smogonites, I peaked at 1200 with this team so I decided to post it here so you guys could improve it and make it better :)

Without further ado here's the team

The Team building process

Ok so I wanted to start off with CB Scizor because Scizor is one of my favorite pokemon that's usable in competitive battling and I've been using SD Scizor for a while so I wanted to try the CB Scizor. Next thing I know i wanted to use was an offensive dragon and I chose Latios for the power that it brings.

Both Scizor and Latios appreciate it for steel types to be out of the way so I wanted to ensure that I got rid of the opposing steels so with that I added magnezone.

Now I needed a Late game sweeper, soemthing with Priority and that could take down sand. Conkledurr fit the bill perfectly so I added him to the team.

Now at this point I was lakcing a wall to safely switch into and I needed a way to get rid of Scrafty, Breloom and Conkledurr. Gliscor accomplishes all of these so I added him.

Here is where I was stuck for a while. I needed a bulky water and I was considering Jellicent or even Vaporeon. However I really needed Stealth rocks to keep alot of things mainly volcarona in check. Thankfully Swampert is a great bulky water who can set up rocks. So thus Lord Zedd's army was created.

Now here's the individual sets.

PirantisHead(Swampert)@Leftovers
EVs:248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Special Defense
Relaxed Nature
Torrent
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Ice Beam
-EarthQuake

Good old Swampert from Generation 4. I know that Swampert has dropped alot in usage in fifth gen because of all the ferrothorns but I honestly believe Swampert is one of the best bulky waters with enough support. Swampert can take hits, Phaze with Roar, Ice Beam for Gliscors/Dragons, EQ is for Heatrans, Tyranitar, Excalidrill and general STAB. Another plus for Swampert is that he also acts as a lure for Ferrothorn which is easily trapped and Revenge killed with Magnezone. Also just as Pirantishead was Lord Zedd's First monster which did alot of damage to the power rangers(Destroying their old zords and generally being a massive pain) swampert leads the team and lets me get rocks usually.

Goldar(Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 200 HP, 252 Defense, 56 speed
Bold Nature
Poison Heal
-Fling
-Protect
-Acrobat
-Earthquake

Pretty self explanatory Gliscor. Fling the toxic orb after you've been poisoned and then Protect to scout/heal, Earthquake for Stab and it gets rid of Excalidrill and Tyranitar(although I'll usually protect first because Ice beam from Tyranitar is a massive pain). Acrobat is of course STAB, and my main way of dealing with fighting types. I gave it speed to make sure it isn't outsped by the things it's supposed to wall and kill. Gliscor is like Goldar because apart from the wings and face, Goldar was Lord Zedd's most Recurring villain just as Gliscor will continue to show his ugly face to my opponent over and over again. Also just like Goldar Gliscor will not die :)

LordZedd(Scizor) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP, 252 attack, 4 Defense
Adamant Nature
Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Super Power

Of course the same Scizor that dominated Generation 4 and the same scizor that got me into competitive pokemon. CB Technician Bullet punch is of course the main attacking move. U-Turn is for scouting/killingReuniclus/any psychic/darks once i know they don't have a fire move. Pursuit is for trapping and killing psychic/dark. Super power is fore Heatrans/Magnezones and I've killed alot of blissey and chansey that were expecting U-Turn only to get a super power in the face. Scizor is like Lord Zedd because they both Do ALOT of damage, rarely fight, both are red and amazing and both scout their enemies before attacking.

Serpentera(Latios)@ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP, 252 special attack, 252 Speed
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden power(Fire)
-Surf
-Trick

And here we have it. In a way Latios is the Star of the show. Once magnezone has gotten rid of Steels Latios is Free to spam Draco Meteor as much as he wishes. Surf, is for coverage, HP Fire incase anything happens to Magnezone and Trick is for Crippling stall. I went with Choice Specs because Latios causes alot of switches so a free Draco Meteor/Surf coming off 130 Special attack with a choice specs is going to do alot of damage. Latios is Like Serpentera because Lord Zedd is never without it and Serpentera has massive Destructive power(It destroyed an entire planet) and just like Latios's Draco meteor, serpentera unfortunately has to recharge after a while so it can't contineously spam attacks unless it rests just like Latios has to switch out if it wishes to use Draco Meteor.

MagnetBrain(Magnezone) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP, 252 special attack, 252 speed
Modest
Magnet pull
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power(Fire)
-Substitute
-Charge Beam

Magnezone serving the same purpose he had in Gen 4 OU, trapping and killing steels. Magnezone has great synergy with Swampert because Swampert tends to lure Ferrothorn which Magnezone loves. I went with leftovers for repeated Sub uses, Charge beam to charge up my lasor while i have ferrothorn trapped, HP Fire, for when I need to just straight out kill the mon and Thunder bolt for STAB and Waters/Flying. Magnezone is a key part of the team because he gets rid of steels that wall Latios and Scizor. Magnezone is like Magnet brain because other than being a magnet clearly, he caused the Gravity(Flow) of the other team to become unbalanced by getting rid of their steels just as Magnet brain almost destroyed the earth by getting rid of the earth's gravity.

Primator(Conkledurr)@Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP, 60 attack, 252 HP
Adamant
Guts
-Bulk up
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Stone Edge

Typical Conkledurr is typical. However it's also very good and it can sweep alot of teams. Bulk up of course to bulk up attack and defense. Drain Punch is for Recovery along with Leftovers. I gave it 196 HP to reach 400 HP and then I dumped 252 into it's special defense and put the rest into attack. Mach Punch is good priority and my main check for Excalidrill, Stone edge imo has better Coverage than Payback even though the accuracy is kinda bad stone edge has saved me alot of times. Conkledurr is like Primator because Primator relies on using his brute strength just like Conkledurr does.

So that's my team, please rate it :)

Why does Conkeldurr have 448 HP EVs?

Anyways, I think you should review your descriptions because they..uhh, well don't make sense. (Pursuit to kill Dark types, lolwut?)

However, this team is a bit stale and has been used too much that it's not really a problem for anyone else. I suggest using more unique combinations that give you the element of surprise (Though we have Wi-Fi clause.)

Anyways, I would have to rate this one fairly low (I'd rather not use a number to describe it) for being such a predictable team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)