I can't think of a creative title - OU RMT

After being on shoddy for a months now, I think it is time to attempt to make my way back onto wifi. I have been using this team for only a few days and have made some tweaks to it already, but it has been winning a good number of games and I just like the overall chemistry of it.

The team at a glance:

And a more detailed look:

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Poison Heal
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge
-Superpower

Scarf Breloom seems to cripple most common leads. Almost anything except for Ninjask or Lum Berry users will be crippled by this set. The basic idea is to put their lead to sleep, then switch over to Metagross who can usually set up rocks against whoever the switch-in is. Breloom can then come in later to get some revenge kills and maybe even sweep.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant
Clear Body
252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
-Meteor Mash
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Explosion

Metagross comes in after Breloom and usually sets up stealth rock unless it is a very bad match-up in which case I either explode or switch out. After setting up rocks, it either switches out so I can switch into outrages or it explodes. I am considering using life orb to get a stronger explosion, but at the moment, I don't think that the recoil is worth the power.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold
Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Roar
-Calm Mind

Suicune saves my team from a few things - most notably baton pass chains. As soon as I see ninjask, I get it out there to roar away the inevitable baton passer. With a calm mind or two, Suicune becomes close to untouchable while I can hopefully get a few KOs with Surf or Ice Beam.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Rash
Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Explosion
-Earth Power

Heatran helps out my team by revenge killing some big threats and more importantly, stopping outraging dragons from running over my team along with Metagross. Dragon Pulse just provides great coverage. Flamethrower is for STAB obviously. Earth Power help me take down other Heatran as well as Tyranitar. Explosion is there for when I am low on health and want to do as much damage as I can fast or if I expect Blissey.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
-Leech Seed
-Grass Knot
-HP Fire
-Recover

Celebi saves my team so many times in one game it is crazy. Heatran and Celebi work perfectly, with one's weaknesses being the other's resistances, I can get lots of switches on the opponent's side while I get some stealth rock damage and seed bulky opponents, HP Fire helps me alot with grasses and steels, and Grass Knot just about anything else. Recover is obviously for recovery.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
Intimidate
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Salamence can sweep a weakened team very easily after a dragon dance. It comes in on a resisted attack or ground attack, the dragon dances before proceeding to finish off the opponent. Outrage is for pure power and STAB. Earthquake takes care of most things that resist outrage and Fire Blast takes down Forretress, Scizor, and Skarmory just to name a few.​

I rarely like 3 choice users on a team, especially if it involves multiple scarf-ers.

For Breloom, if you really want him to be an anti-lead, why not use protect/seed bomb/spore/mach punch while holding toxic orb? Protect to scout, mach punch will let you beat sash leads, you can still spore things and seed bomb can scare away swampert/hippowdon leads.

i agree with the above post: 3 choice users seems like too many. If you want to keep Suicune make it a defensive one w/ calm mind (maybe rest talk) and/or possibly roar if bp teams are that much of a problem.

I rarely like 3 choice users on a team, especially if it involves multiple scarf-ers.

For Breloom, if you really want him to be an anti-lead, why not use protect/seed bomb/spore/mach punch while holding toxic orb? Protect to scout, mach punch will let you beat sash leads, you can still spore things and seed bomb can scare away swampert/hippowdon leads.
The main reason I run a scarf is to outrun the opponent before they can use stealth rocks. It can also be a pain sometimes predicting whether something like infernape would use flamethrower or stealth rock after they use fakeout where a wrong prediction could put me in a bad position. It is not so much as an anti-lead, but just something that can quickly put their lead to sleep and get out.

i agree with the above post: 3 choice users seems like too many. If you want to keep Suicune make it a defensive one w/ calm mind (maybe rest talk) and/or possibly roar if bp teams are that much of a problem.
And goodbye specs Suicune. I am going to go with the calm mind shuffler set.

This might seem minor, but I switched Earth Power to HP Fire on Celebi. Scizor is by far the most common switch-in from what I have seen over the past rew days and it just fives me better coverage hitting everthing except dragon for neutral damage.

The Suicune you are running has poor defensive capability without rest.
4SpD on Salamence for a stealth rock and life orb number.

The Suicune you are running has poor defensive capability without rest.
4SpD on Salamence for a stealth rock and life orb number.
I have been running this Suicune for a while (and have run variations of it including rest talk) and I found this to be the most effective set. It has less survivability, but it has the ability to sweep and to phaze which, due to my starter is very important to my team (as a ninjask can outspeed scarf breloom and pass away some boosts to something that resists stone edge or it can sub if it thinks i might spore.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)