I did a dance and then it rained. ?_?

Intro:

Yeah, that's right, a rain dance team. I think it's appropriate for todays metagame. Everyone and their moms have the same sandstorm team and I'm getting a little bored with it. So I thought it would be fun to test out this type of team that counters sandstorm.

Team at a Glance (In no particular order):

Bronzong @Lum Berry/Damp Rock/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Spread:184Hp/160 Attack/164 Defense (Speed IV:4)
Relaxed Nature (+Defense - Speed)
Set:
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Explosion/Stealth Rock
-Rain Dance

Great lead, with lum berry as my initial item. With Gengar always bieng spammed as lead I would like to say Lum Berry would be the greater item. It's always nice to OHKO that annoying ghost with Gyro ball in the begining of the match after an attempted Hypnosis. I don't pack hypnosis on Zong as I have horrible luck with it. (Usually my opponent wakes up in 1turn or the move just misses.)

Ludiculio @Leftovers/Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Spread:204Hp/76SpA/124SpD/104Speed
Calm Nature (+Special Defense - Attack)
Set:
-Rain Dance
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Leech Seed

A much needed support and a Gyara/Chomp counter everyone likes to use. It's Deadly in the rain and sort of a special sponge for this team. Leech Seed to force switches and Rain Dance for the obvious.

Electivire @Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
Spread:252 Attack/80SpA/176 Speed
Lonely Nature (+Attack -Defense)
Set:
-Thunder
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

One of my main sweepers that works well with Vaporeon. It baits electric attacks while recieving wishes from it. Thunder works wells in the rain while the rest is for type coverage.

Vaporeon @Leftovers/Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
Spread: 188Hp/252 Defense/68SpA
Bold Nature (+Defense - Attack)
Set:
-Surf
-Hp (electric)/Ice Beam
-Wish
-Baton Pass/Protect

A great Gyarados counter and supporter for this team. Usually heals up two of my main sweepers which is needed since they pack life orb. Baton Pass is there to pass wishes easier and to scout your opponents switch.

Heracross@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
Spread: 4Hp/252 Attack/252 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Attack - SpA)
Set:
-Sleep Talk
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge

My sleep aborber and reliable Cresselia/Blissey counter. Fire doesn't hit it hard when rain is up and as always it is deadly late in the game. Heracross also counters grass types that wall some of my pokes.

Kingdra @Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Spread: 168 Attack/252 SpA/ 88 Speed
Naughty Nature (+Attack - Special Defense)
Set:
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Rain Dance

Great mixed sweeper which usually catches Blissey off guard. Draco meteor instead of Ice beam to counter Yache Berry chomp, surf and waterfall for stab, and Rain Dance for the obvious.

personally i like the bulky ludicolo. With leftovers, rain dish, and leech seed...nothing is gonna stop it short of a miracle :D

personally i like the bulky ludicolo. With leftovers, rain dish, and leech seed...nothing is gonna stop it short of a miracle :D
I have used a similar Ludicolo with

Calm
Rain Dish
252 Hp/100SAtk/156SDef

Rain Dance
Protect
Surf
Leech seed

This thing has stopped a Deoxys-A in an uber-allowed tournament, it's that awsome.

Bronzong is not doing anything for you here. With no Hypnosis, its practically useless other than set up SR or kill its self and another. Gyro Ball is good, but smart people dont keep Gengar in on Bronzong. In fact, most people wont even keep there fast leads in, so there goes Bronzongs purpose (this is my experience).

What I am about to suggest is the most deadly force in DP when it comes to Rain Dancing Leads....

Jirachi@DampRock
Timid / Modest - Go for Timid
SereneGrace
252 Sp.Atk / 252Spe

- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Opt for Modest if you will, but Timid is cooler. Thunder paralyzes with 60%, which is pretty awesome to say the least. standard really.

Foozee, double team is illegal. I think Damp rock on Ludicolo, and Leftovers on Bronzong, since Heracross is already a sleep absorber.

Looks pretty good.

Bronzong is not doing anything for you here. With no Hypnosis, its practically useless other than set up SR or kill its self and another. Gyro Ball is good, but smart people dont keep Gengar in on Bronzong. In fact, most people wont even keep there fast leads in, so there goes Bronzongs purpose (this is my experience).

What I am about to suggest is the most deadly force in DP when it comes to Rain Dancing Leads....

Jirachi@DampRock
Timid / Modest - Go for Timid
SereneGrace
252 Sp.Atk / 252Spe

- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Opt for Modest if you will, but Timid is cooler. Thunder paralyzes with 60%, which is pretty awesome to say the least. standard really.
Eh, I'll try it out. Guess there isn't many smart Gengar users out there because they usually stay in and hypnosis Zong.

Foozee, double team is illegal. I think Damp rock on Ludicolo, and Leftovers on Bronzong, since Heracross is already a sleep absorber.

Looks pretty good.
Good point, I could just predict Gengar's Hypnosis and go to Heracross. I really don't need lum berry. Leftovers is a must on ludiculio since he isn't really a defensive threat with half of it's health. (Or really with any of it's health missing.) So, I'll try Damp Rock on Bronzong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)