I don't even (Ubers Stall - First Ubers RMT!)

Howdy.
I usually just stay out of Ubers because I don't know the meta at all and strongly dislike the HO style of play that it nurtures. However, I was looking to broaden my horizons a bit, and I decided to give Ubers a shot! Seeing as offense is the dominant force of the meta, I decided to resort to an old standby of mine: Stall.

Without further ado, my first Ubers team.

AT A GLANCE

Genesect @ Choice Scarf processor
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SpAtk | 252 Speed
TRAIT: Download
NATURE: Naive (+Speed,-SpDef)
U-turn | Iron Head | Explosion | Ice Beam

I love this thing to death. He is obviously the team's Scarfer, and boy, can he deal out the pain. Be it forcing switches with his godly U-turn or scoring surprise KOs with Explosion, Genesect fills an important role on this team. I chose a physical attacking spread in order to beef up Gene's most important moves, U-turn and Explosion. Iron Head can score some solid damage and carries a great flinch chance. Ice Beam nails the ubiquitous Dragons of Ubers while also slaying Groudon on the switch. With proper prediction, Gene truly is a monster.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 HP | 252 Def | 8 Spe
TRAIT: Levitate
NATURE: Impish (+Def,-SpAtk)
Dragon Tail | Roar | Sleep Talk | Rest

Giratina-O is a sorely underrated shuffler and serves the team pretty well, though I am very open to replacement options for her. She carries solid bulk, and better offenses than her normal form, so RestTalk seemed an obvious choice. With her phazing moves, she stops setup sweepers cold, as they often cannot OHKO her without setup. She helps rack up heavy residual damage as well.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Speed
TRAIT: Drizzle
NATURE: Bold (+Def,-Atk)
Calm Mind | Scald | Sleep Talk | Psychic

This is the team member I most want replaced. While providing the team with a neat Fire resist and powering up Water type attacks, he simply does not help the team too much. If he sets up and burns his opponent, he is truly unstoppable, no doubt; but this rarely happens. He is prone to being revenged, and is completely walled by (the admittedly rare) Gastrodon, or really any special wall. Please suggest replacements!

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SpDef
TRAIT: Pressure
NATURE: Calm (+SpDef,-Atk)
Magic Coat | Recover | Spikes | Seismic Toss

I really missed this thing in OU, really my favorite hazard setter. He's got remarkable bulk that only got enhanced by his access to Recover. He sets down Spikes while turning the tables on rival setters and status users with a surprise Magic Coat. Recover is there to keep Deoxys relevant and healthy, while Seismic Toss is to deal some damage and avoid being total Taunt bait.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP | 32 Def | 224 SpDef
TRAIT: Rain Dish
NATURE: Calm (+SpDef,-Atk)
Protect | Scald | Toxic | Rapid Spin

This thing is quite the tank, and also provides very good RS support. Thanks to Rain Dish, Tenta can recover 25% of his health over two turns. Scald enhances his physical bulk greatly, and it actually deals decent damage. Tenta is my premier Kyogre switch in for this reason. Toxic allows Tenta to contribute to the stalling nature of the team. However, I am very open to potential replacements here.

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP | 176 Def | 80 SpDef
TRAIT: Pressure
NATURE: Bold (+Def,-Atk)
Roost | Dragon Tail | Substitute | Ice Beam

They don't call Lugia the Great Wall for nothing. Once behind a Sub, watch Lugia laugh in the face of setup sweepers with his formidable mixed bulk and Dragon Tail. Once hazards get set, Lugia often takes out 2-3 pokes on his own. Any suggestions here for move changes or EV changes will be considered.​

Thanks for looking over this, I do need help on this team. Feel free to tear it to bits. I am mainly looking for Kyogre and Giratina-O replacements (Ogre mostly) but all suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks again folks!
-saxton

PARTING GLANCE

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Stealth Rocks are an absolute must on a stall team put them on something like Deo-D. I also suggest T-Spikes>Toxic on Tenta to help you stall. GL.

I'm not sure if you had a typo, but you need to replace psychic with rest. Kyogre becomes quite the tank with that combo. For stall, I suggest you replace one of lugias moves with toxic, the best way for it to deal damage

Rather than run a defensive set with kyogre, who dont you run a scarf/water spout set? that way he can really blast opponents to bits, and he works better as a lead if you need rain setup early on. i would run timid 252SpA+252Spe, water spout, thunder, ice beam, surf. Scarf Spout is pretty damn scary.

also i dont really see the need for griseous orb on giratina. If you want to run a sleep/talk set, use giratina's normal form and run leftovers. and replace roar with will-o-wisp or toxic, there's no need ot have both roar and dragon tail on the same pokemon. Also, i would run flamethrower on genesect, maybe instead of explosion. He cant really hurt steel-types right now, and if he gets trapped by magnezone he's totally screwed (except for i guess u-turn). either that or thunderbolt, because your genesect also has issues dealing with water-types

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hi man, really nice ubers team! glad to see some use of deoxys-d :toast:

i just wanna relate to sasshen's points. if you choose to have a secondary choice scarf user, you will have absolutely nothing reliable to take sleep from darkrai or sponge hits well. rest+sleep talk (i'll get to that) allows you to be quite hard to take out and also helps you win weather wars. if you ditch griseous orb, you're forgoing a ground immunity which can be super helpful versus pokemon like groudon. there is a need for both roar and dragon tail on the set, as both do different things: roar phazes sub pokemon, dragon tail stacks damage. the 2/3rds chance to phaze when asleep in conjuction with the hazards is great as well. magnezone is rarely seen in ubers and flamethrower in the rain is so weak, so if you really want to change something, consider bug buzz or thunder over explosion, but honestly these are really optional.

now to my rate. your team suffers severly from palkia and kyogre. specs kyogre simply nukes everything on your team, and palkia's immense power and insane coverage just means you won't have an easy time switching into it. zekrom can also tear you down p easily with its amazing STAB combination. i believe you should use grass arceus > lugia for that matter. you have enough phazers in giratina-o and soon-to-be kyogre, and lugia is just adding to your weakness to the aforementioned threats. grass arceus is a hard counter to palkia in rain, it can easily sponge a water spout, and it resists zekrom's bolt strike and can take an outrage. sadly you need to use stealth rock as your support move, but it's still usable.

arceus-grass @ meadow plate | multitype
timid nature | 248 hp / 148 sdef / 112 spe
stealth rock / recover / judgment / ice beam

if you find stealth rock not to your likely, feel free to use will-o-wisp instead and stealth rock > seismic toss on deoxys-d. if you like it, i think you should give taunt a shot over magic coat, even though it's optional, as it still lets you beat hazard pokemon like ferrothorn or skarmory, but also cripple set-up sweepers.

i dont see the point of having sleep talk without rest and psychic on kyogre. instead, you should use rest > psychic and roar > calm mind. doing so grants you a solid answer to darkrai with a recovery move, that can also phaze to stack up entry hazards damage on the foe. dont worry about gastrodon, it dies to grass arceus and entry hazards.

good luck!!

Sorry, Psychic was a typo, I do mean Rest on Kyogre. Thanks for the help all!

All of these changes have proven very helpful for the team, a lot smoother sailing now.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In all honesty, though I think deo-d is cool, your team benefits much more from deo-s suicide lead since it's far more reliable as a hazard setter since it almost always guarantees you two layers. While deo-d will hate gene leading since a +1 uturn will hit like a truck. Also lack of sr could be a problem since it allows Ho oh, opposing Lugia and kyurem forms to run rampant.

So I suggest switching deo-d to deo-s or at least follow furais suggestions on deo-d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)