ORAS OU I got no clever title. :X

Hello everyone I just go into the OU meta. The tier I usually play is Ubers but I've wanted to try a different tier so OU was the next best thing. Anyway here's my team:

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Ehhh..I prefer the incarnate forme better. Anyway here we got your standard defensive stealth rock setting set. Rocks are good, it helps wear everyone down faster. (And ruins annoying flying types that threaten my Volcarona.) Earthquake is obligatory hard hitting STAB move so not much has to be said about that. U-Turn helps build momentum against slower opponents or if I can read a switch it nets me some free damage. I can also use Knock Off to get rid of the opponents' item on the switch as well, and it's just an annoying move overall.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Ah much better. I love this guy. He won't stop until the other team is paralyzed. (Unless it's a Ground or Electric type of course.) This is another standard set, his main job is to spread twaves, but he can also provide offensive presence. Nasty Plot thunderbolts hurt, and I have hidden power ice just in case someone tries to get cheeky and set in a ground type in on it. I opt for leftovers over life orb though since his main job first and foremost is just go get the enemy paralyzed, so I appreciate having him live a bit longer.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

I can't wait for this thing to get a better physical movepool. It probably won't mean that much in ubers though, but thankfully this ain't ubers. Kyu B functions as a great revenge killer with scarf fixing his speed. Ice Beam is there for obligatory ice STAB. Fusion Bolt is the strong electric physical attack. I chose outrage over Dragon Claw for the power and once all the opponent's fairy and steel types are gone it's guaranteed to hit anything hard. Iron head is for the complete flinch hax it can bring coverage mainly. Hitting Fairy, Ice, and Rock types.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

My team hates rocks at this point so this is where Scizor comes in. Defog is the main appeal combined with Scizor's defensive typing he can prove to be a reliable defogger. Roost combined with leftovers just makes this guy a pain in the ass to kill. Bullet Punch gives him the ability to pick off weakened threats and dent anything that's weak to steel. U-Turn is for reading switch ins, allowing him to hurt the incoming pokemon while getting one of his teammates on the battle field, or grants him the ability to hurt a slower threat while escaping to safety.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

This is a personal favourite of mine, and probably my favourite fire type. I love this thing to death. Anyway the set is pretty standard. Quiver Dance all day and hit everything hard. I went with Lum over Passho since Volcarona has a respectable special defense that gets boosted from Quiver Dance. (Still doesn't like Aqua Jet though.) Fire Blast is obligatory hard hitting fire STAB, same goes for Bug Buzz. Giga Drain is to hit any water types, and to get Volcarona's health back in shape. With stealth rocks up Volcarona's job gets even easier as well, allowing it to finish off worn down opponents.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Metagross has always been my favourite pseudo Legendary. Seriously I'm sick how every other pseudo has to be a dragonic in some shape or form. Either way I love this thing. Meteor Mash is obligatory steel STAB that can increase his attack power, and Zen Headbutt can flinch. The other two slots are dedicated to coverage. Earthquake is pretty self explanatory, and Ice Punch is for dragon jerks (looking at you Garchomp), flyers that are part ground, (Lando and Gliscor) and plants. Mega Metagross has severe 4MSS so I believe this set helps covers as much as it possibly can without any negative drawbacks.

There you have it. It's not that great of a team but it's a start. Any suggestions to help better it will be greatly appreciated.

Perennial

amol selseila
I recommend Latios over Scizor. your team has nothing to switch in on Charizard-Y. every time it's in you will likely lose a pokémon to a sun boosted Fire Blast. Keldeo is also dangerous because once it's in against Landorus-T or Scizor there's nothing looking forward to taking a Scald, especially with SR up. Latios would give you a response to them while providing the team with something even more important: a faster Defog. with three SR weaknesses, removing rocks is crucial for your team to succeed. Scizor struggles against common SRers like Garchomp/Heatran and because of its low speed, you may find it hard to get a Defog in against your opp at times when you really need it the most. Latios doesn't suffer from this issue because of its good speed. losing Scizor's steel typing isn't a big deal either since you have Mega Metagross to check things like Gardevoir and Clefable.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
one issue we need to address now is Bisharp, who becomes very dangerous by introducing Latios. should Bisharp SD on Latios or come in on a Defog, there's little you can do to stop its sweep outside of paralyzing with Thundurus-I and hoping for the best. my recommendation to you is Scarf Keldeo over Kyurem-B. this retains a revenge killer faster than threats like Mega Lopunny and Manectric while addressing the Bisharp issue. you also gain something to deal with Weavile, who is more troublesome without Scizor. with this change, you also lessen the pressure SR places on your team. even with Defog, having 3 pokémon weak to SR is still worrisome. decreasing the number to 2 will give your team much more breathing room to switch around. lastly, Keldeo gives this team a much needed fire resistance to take on pokémon like Scarf Heatran, who poses a big problem otherwise.
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Icy Wind isn't too useful on Scarf Keldeo so HP Electric is here instead. this helps you with Gyarados and means you won't always have to throw Thundurus-I under the bus to help you stop its sweep. HP Electric also hits BD Azumarill in case you need to emergency check BD variants.
to wrap things up I have two small suggestions. one is to use Stone Edge over Knock Off on Landorus-T. hitting Talonflame is too important to pass up, especially with Volcarona as your main sweeper and if you consider how annoying Talonflame is to the majority of your team. the other is to use Hammer Arm over Earthquake on Mega Metagross. this allows you to avoid being walled by things like Ferrothorn while retaining similar coverage overall.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)