I gotta (special) feeling ll OU Hyper-Offence

This is a Special-Hyper-Offence team. That mean I have a team full of sweepers that all focus on the special side. This means that Stall is actually rather easy to break. Physical walls to jack to me. And special ones just get pounded at until they die. The team is a very suicidal one, Such as, if I am set up, I won't switch out. I will stay in and try to put as big a dent as I can in the opponent. This is because most of the pokemon in my team are walled by the same things. This weakens the counters to my end-game sweepers, meaning that their sweep is less likely to be cut short. because of this, the team does not actually counter or check the main threats of today's metagame. But there are very few opportunities for enemy sweepers to set up on me. So don't even bother to mention that, "at +1, Salamence can OHKO my entire team." Because he will be very hard pressed to find an opportunity to set up.

AT A GLANCE

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

This is easily the most basic member of my team. You can easily tell what Azelf's role is, simply by looking at his moveset. Light Screen and Reflect set up a defence for my sweepers. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock. And Explosion goes bang. Very, very simple idea. But it works wonders in helping the team.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the first of my three wall breakers, and is normally the first to come out after Azelf dies. You know the deal. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for coverage. Then I put in HP Ice over Thunderbolt. This was because Salamence used to think it would be funny to come in on me and try to set up. Explosion rounds off the set for Blissey. My team's main enemy.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

This is the second of my wall breakers. It can also sweep teams with ease. EVs and moves are very simple. Vacuum Wave is to hit faster pokes, like ScarfTran and Starmie. It also kills off pokemon trying to revenge with Priority, like Lucario and Scizor. Focus Blast is the powerful Fighting STAB move. While Flamethrower is the accurate STAB move. It was Fire Blast, but I got ****** off at always missing. Although the coverage is lacking, this is a deadly set. If the opponent swap in a Starmie or a Gyarados, then i just pound at them with a +2 STAB move.

Suicune @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

This is the final wall breaker in the team. LO CM Cune is one of the less used threats in the metagame today. And most people get a surprise when it's not CroCune. Surf is STAB. And the other two provide mega coverage. This can make a large hole in the opponents team with ease.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- HP Fire

The final wall-breaker in the team, that can also function as a late-game sweeper. EVs and moveset are very simple. Timid and max/max for sweeping. CM to up my SAtk. Dragon Pulse and Surf For coverage. And HP Fire to cover Steel types, primarily Scizor.

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP/244 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam

This is the best end-game sweeper to ever exist. With just a bit of prior damage and some time to set up, teams are desttroyed with ease. I have often found the opponent leaving once Empoleon has set up. I opted for Ice Beam in the nd, as I kept seeing Latias and Salamence. I still consider Grass Knot, due to how common Vaporeon is.

So that's the team.

Changes in bold.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

Charge Beam Jolteon / Specs Jolteon

How to fix:

Well, the team is unique first of all and I generally like this style of play, its my favorite. It utilizes less prediction but moreso let the next sweeper clean up. Well anyways, since I run teams like this numerous times Jolteon came to my mind first of all, and it is a pretty good threat. Jolteon with Life Orb is an absolute monster. I'm not entirely sure but I tried to stay in tact with all special attackers, but I think you have enough to overwhelm the other foe. I will recommend to Latias over Jirachi to tone it down a bit and at the same time check Jolteon.

Latias
@ Leftovers
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe

- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover

This is a great set because it can come in on Jolteon's attacks thanks to its enormous Special Defense. Calm Mind would fit the teams hard hitting theme as well as checing Jolteon and such. Latias serves a Pursuit bait also, as Gengar usually results to Explosion, Latias helps Infernape grab the free NP. Dragon Pulse + hidden Power Fire is pretty good coverage, HP Fire in particular is needed because Scizor can be quite annoying with U-turn for teams like this. Recover provides a way to heal off random Choice Specs Thunderbolt. Hope you take this in consideration. gl.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Your team is very similar to stathakis special offense, so it may be in your interest to take a look at his team for previous rates as they may help and apply to you.

Sadly Grass Knot doesn't do enough to vaporeon, so Ice Beam is the better move on empoleon. Next off..you are really blissey weak, and from where I'm standing, I can only see you beating it if you can catch it with gengars explosion or jirachi gets "lucky" against it.

Late game you are weak to Dugtrio and Flygon, gengar is not going to last, you yourself said it was a wall breaker and it is very likely it will be gone early game (as will azelf). Also, getting around latias is going to be a pain in the neck (as it is for most specially-orintated teams) as soon as gengar dies, it can set up Calm Minds against largely your whole team, and you need a critical hit to beat it. The most troublesome latias set is going to be the one that utilises roar: Calm Mind Recover Roar Dragon Pulse, runs through your team with ease after gengar and azelf are gone.

I think suicune is the most replacable, infernape already acts as the bulky water lure for empoleon, I would like to deviate from the all special team and add a Choice Banded Flygon which would replace suicune. Flygon will allow you to fare better against blissey, Flygon, Dugtrio and Latias, all of which are nuisances for your team.

Scizor is actually a better fit then flygon for all the previously mentioned things, but in realtiy, you have a huge weakness to scarfed magnezones, (any fast electric type gives you big problems) so flygon patches that up.

Hope I helped.

Well, the team is unique first of all and I generally like this style of play, its my favorite. It utilizes less prediction but moreso let the next sweeper clean up. Well anyways, since I run teams like this numerous times Jolteon came to my mind first of all, and it is a pretty good threat. Jolteon with Life Orb is an absolute monster. I'm not entirely sure but I tried to stay in tact with all special attackers, but I think you have enough to overwhelm the other foe. I will recommend to Latias over Jirachi to tone it down a bit and at the same time check Jolteon.

Latias
@ Leftovers
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe

- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover

This is a great set because it can come in on Jolteon's attacks thanks to its enormous Special Defense. Calm Mind would fit the teams hard hitting theme as well as checing Jolteon and such. Latias serves a Pursuit bait also, as Gengar usually results to Explosion, Latias helps Infernape grab the free NP. Dragon Pulse + hidden Power Fire is pretty good coverage, HP Fire in particular is needed because Scizor can be quite annoying with U-turn for teams like this. Recover provides a way to heal off random Choice Specs Thunderbolt. Hope you take this in consideration. gl.
If I were to replace a pokemon in my team to put this is, I think that I would actually replace Suicune. This is simply because I find it to do the least in every game. I'll try playtesting both this and the LO CM set in place of Suicune.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If I were to replace a pokemon in my team to put this is, I think that I would actually replace Suicune. This is simply because I find it to do the least in every game. I'll try playtesting both this and the LO CM set in place of Suicune.
Really? I thought it would be the most important knowing that it acts as a safety blanket versus Gyarados and MixApe.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Infernape is a wall breaker without close combat? Blissey walls this set to eternity. Put close combat over focus blast. Actually, blissey walls almost your whole team entirely, unless suicune sets up on it with CM (and blissey might just toxic it).

If you want a reliable wall breaker, classic mixmence, or new mixmence might do the job for you, ripping apart walls with ease.

Come on, are you guys serious? Blissey does not wall this team, he has a fucking Nasty Plot Infernape with Focus Blast that can KO it in some instances depending on the EV spread.

Anyway, if you replace Suicune, the team becomes incredibly Gyarados weak. After a single Dragon Dance, Earthquake alone basically decimates this team. He needs Suicune more for its bulk and coverage than anything else. Also agreeing with Panamaxis that any fast electric type will basically destroy your team, especially Specs Jolteon. Latias does seem like a good fit especially because of the resistances it offers, so I'd suggest you add it to the team. Hell, you could add your own Jolteon to the team to keep the offensive flow if you do not want to use Latias.

What to replace is now the question. In my opinion, the best slot to get rid of is indeed Jirachi. However, that makes this team basically the same as Stathakis's. You could replace Empoleon, though that removes your late game 'set-up'. Choice is yours, though the team would end up looking similar to Stath's.

Hmmm.

I just spent the last couple of hours playtesting a LO CM Latias in the place of Suicune. It seemed to do well, getting more sweeps than Suicune would. I will try a bulkier one in the place of Jirachi.

BTW, I didn't have any problems with Gyarados when doing this.

EDIT: And now for some calcs!

+2 Focus Blast vs. Standard Wish Bliss: 614 Atk vs 385 Def & 651 HP (120 Base Power): 534 - 630 (82.03% - 96.77%) 58.97% chance of OHKO with SR.

64 Atk Close Combat vs. Standard Vaporeon: 260 Atk vs 240 Def & 448 HP (120 Base Power): 183 - 216 (40.85% - 48.21%)
+2 Focus Blast vs. same thing: 614 Atk vs 256 Def & 448 HP (120 Base Power): 400 - 472 (89.29% - 105.36%) 100% OHKO with SR.

64 Atk Close Combat vs. CroCune: 290 Atk vs 361 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 135 - 159 (33.42% - 39.36%)
+2 Focus Blast vs. CroCune: 614 Atk vs 266 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 387 - 456 (95.79% - 112.87%)

I'm keeping Focus Blast.

haunter

Banned deucer.
As ToF said, Suicune was your only hope against Gyarados, now that you replaced it, a +1 life orb Gyara can outspeed and literally ohko every member of your team. I think that you may change Jirachi to a scarf variant, to at least revenge kill the aforementioned Gyara and other potential threats, or alternately you may replace it with a scarf Flygon with stone edge, which would also cover your life orb Jolteon weakness.

Also, I don't like hp ice on Gengar: the standard rash (mixMence) or naive (DD Mence) Salamence takes 69.58% - 81.63% from a life orb'd shadow ball, meaning that it's dead most of the times with SR down. Thunderbolt is extremely useful for things like Vaporeon which may attempt at stalling you (making your Gar die of life orb damage) with wish and protect, and it also prevents Gyara from setting up.

Just finished testing the CM Latias over Jirachi. It worked very well.

So I will be keeping Suicune, and replacing Jirachi with Latias to cover EQ and Electric weaks.

Hey, this is a good team. I have a couple o suggestions that might help you. First of all, I think you should add Close Combat over Focus Blast on Infernape. Replace Vacuum Wave with Grass Knot. Close Combat will rid you of Blissey and Grass Knot nails Swampert.

I think you should replace Suicune with Starmie to defeat threats like Gyarados. Here is the set.

Starmie@ Choice Scarf
Natural Cure
Modest nature (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed

Hydro Pump/Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

There you go! Hydro Pump or Surf is your STAB move, while Ice Beam and Thunderbolt give you coverage. Thunderbolt nails Gyarados. Psychic may not seem like a good idea here, but it hits Gengar, someone who can be a HUGE problem for your team.

Hope I helped, and Good Luck

+2 Focus Blast vs. Standard MixPert: 614 Atk vs 216 Def & 401 HP (120 Base Power): 475 - 561 (118.45% - 139.90%)

I'm keeping Focus Blast.

And Choice items are a big no-no on Hyper-Offence teams. They slow the game down, and more often that not, just give the opponent a free switch in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)