I have no clue how to describe this team.

Alright, here's the first team I'm posting for evaluation. I tried posting this before, but I didn't read the rules, so it got deleted. Here I am trying again.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Nidoking has always been a Pokemon I was interested in. His typing is shared with no one other than his wife, his movepool is rather diverse(Especially on the special side, somewhat ironically when you look at his stats), and, well, he's one of the few Pokemon who can prove he deserves to be called "King." Generation 5 gave him a great new ability in Sheer Force, and Generation 6 had him receive an increase in his Base Physical Attack, which has no bearing on this set. Maxed Speed and Special Attack EVs are run because this set's meant to be a special sweeper. Timid Nature is being run purely to help the king outspeed any threats to him, though Modest would let him hit harder. As most of you already know, the Life Orb is an incredible item for Sheer Force users, giving a 30% boost to power on top of the ability boost, and the recoil of Life Orb is cancelled if the attack used gained that boost. Sludge Wave and Earth Power are the STAB moves of choice, with their respective Poison and Sp. Def drop chances taken away for the Sheer Force Boost, and are rounded out with the infamous BoltBeam coverage combo.

Aegislash (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Aegislash is the blade of Kings, so he conveniently fits a theme. He's also one of the most technical Pokemon ever. Taking note of that, I'm running a special set. Relaxed Nature to increase Physical Defense and let me get EVs into Special Defense. The Weakness Policy is an incredible item. It's basically a free Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, provided the holder can live a Super Effective Hit. Shield Forme Aegislash can live through a lot of things, surprisingly. King's Shield is there for the obvious reasons of scouting, aiding in defense capabilities, and invoking the Stance Change. Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon are Special STABs, allowing Aegislash to be a useful attacker even if he's burned. Shadow Sneak for priority to pick off weakened foes finishes off the set.

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap

Smeargle, the classic all-purpose lead. I don't think I need to cover EVs or nature with him, so I'll go on to the moveset. Spore, Sticky Web, and Stealth Rock are all moves you'd expect to see on a lead. Skill Swap, however, is specifically to counter Magic Bouncers. Taking their ability guarantees me the ability to get at least one hazard or sleep off without problems, with the added bonus of possibly stopping any hazards or statuses with proper prediction(Assuming I can keep Smeargle around for that.)

Jolteon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Though often ignored in favor of Volt Absorb, Quick Feet on Jolteon is incredibly potent. With it active, Modest Jolteon's speed reaches roughly 539, faster than even Deoxys-S with a Speed boosting nature. The Flame Orb with protect allows Jolteon to take a burn, safely giving him the speed boost. Volt Switch provides momentum, is a decent STAB, and the switches it gives also help Jolteon reduce burn damage. Thunderbolt is the main STAB attack, and HP Ice lets him deal with his main counters, while also giving Boltbeam coverage.

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Acid Armor
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse

A dragon made out of slime, what will they think of next. Ahh, well. Goodra's Special Defense alone is monstrous, so I focused more on her other 2 important stats. Modest Nature provides her with a good Sp. Attack increase, and Acid Armor improves on Goodra's weakest stat: Physical Defense. Sludge Wave deals with Fairies, Flamethrower counters Ice-types and wrecks grass and steel types, and Dragon Pulse for reliable STAB.

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

THE WALL TO END ALL WALLS. Well, not really. But Venusaur is a great wall, especially as a Mega. Sludge Bomb deals with whatever resists Grass, Giga Drain and Leech Seed do decent damage and keep healing him, and Sleep Powder lets him disable a Pokemon for who knows how long in a battle(And possibly a whole team in battles without Sleep Clause).

Well, hopefully this isn't deleted, because that'll at least tell me I understand the rules a bit. And Feedback is greatly appreciated.

On Aegislash, Sacred Sword or something else > Flash Cannon.
Additionally, I highly suggest putting 0 Attack IVs on anything without physical attacks to minimize Foul Play damage.

I find myself needing the speed, mostly because a lot of teams I run into use high speed pokes or Rock Polishers/Agility users/Dragon Dancers.

If you need an HP, don't change the IVs given in the sim; otherwise, non-physical attackers can run 0 Attack IVs.
I was under the impression that doesn't matter anymore since Hidden Power BP is fixed at 60 - all that matters is the low bit being cleared/set. If the sim gives you 31, set it to 1, otherwise set it to 0.

The team looks really solid but on venusaur leech seed should be changed to synthesis because it provides immediate recovery. If you are missing leech seed then sleep powder can be changed to leech seed because sleep powder has terrible accuracy and leech seed is a better stalling mover for tanks lile mega-venusaur.

Have fun making this team :)

Makes sense. You are outsped by +1 MegaGyar, but you do outspeed unboosted MegaGyar. Just some food for thought.
Yep. Modest Quick Feet Jolteon can outspeed almost everything even at +1. I think the only things that can outspeed it at +1 are Ninjask and Deoxys-S. And it does quite a bit of damage with only unboosted STAB Volt Switches, I find. I may just use this set again on a VoltTurn Team.

The team looks really solid but on venusaur leech seed should be changed to synthesis because it provides immediate recovery. If you are missing leech seed then sleep powder can be changed to leech seed because sleep powder has terrible accuracy and leech seed is a better stalling mover for tanks lile mega-venusaur.

Have fun making this team :)
So, replace Sleep Powder with Synthesis? Sounds good to me.

Hey, Nice team you got here.

Firstly, Goodra Doesn't Need Acid Armor, it's a special wall. Plus, acid armors effects where off after you switch out, so it's not reliable. So I would suggest a Giving Goodra an Assualt Vest and Replacing Acid Armor with Thunderbolt / Dragon Tail.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethower
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt / Dragon Tail

Secondly, While Weakness Policy Aegislash is Great, Aegislash has to switch allot, as it's forced out by many threats. This means that weakness policy with act once, so it's not worth the item slot. I would also suggest replace flash cannon with iron head, as most of the targets that you are going to hit are going to be specially bulky, such as sylveon, clefable, tyranitar, etc. If your going to make these changes, aegislash should run a wallbreaker ev Spread, or a Bulky ev spread.

Aegislash @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe or 244 Atk / 252 Spa / 12 Spe(Outspeeds Sassy Tyranitar)
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Next, I would suggest Choice Specs over Flame Orb on jolteon, Since jolteon outspeeds almost everything in the meta game, the power from the specs is great. If you make this change, use Signal Beam > Protect.

I would also suggest replacing skill swap on Smeargle, it's kind of pointless ATM. Some things you could use include Memento, Glare, Whirlwind, Magic Coat, Taunt and Transform

I hope this helped, have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)