I have no creativity [OU RMT]

I normally like using gimmicky teams on Shoddy battle (Trick Room, Rain Dance, Trick) because their fun and I feel like if I tweak them enough that they'll actually be viable but I never get to that point. So I decided that I'd use a team that uses some of the most popular pokemon in OU along with popular combos of offensive pokemon. After having some success with the team, I'd decided to take it here to get some comments on the team.

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe

- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- HP Ice
- Shadow Ball

My lead and revenge killer. I'm using the Scarf Roserade / Lead Heatran lead duo to get stealth rocks up and (hopefully) an early-game advantage. I'm using HP Ice even though I know the coverage is worse because I need it to revenge kill DDNite. He gives me an early sleep to hopefully get the score to 6-5 asap. Almost every lead in the game can be put to sleep fast by Roserade. The one's who carry Lum Berry (Metagross) or the one's who normally carry Choice Scarf (Jirachi) are handled by Heatran. For Machamp I switch into Rotom and set up screens. Shadow Ball to revenge kill Gengar.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
4 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe

- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rocks

The 2nd part of my double lead. He handles the pokemon that Roserade can't and sets up Rocks. If I don't switch out first turn then I'll switch after sleep powder and see what he brings in. He can also bluff Choice items to get surprise KO's. After rocks he usually explodes to get one more kill. Timid nature because a lot of Heatran's resistances come from attacks that are normally based off of Sp. Atk, using Timid makes it easier for me to switch him in.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Well, since I already had the Grass / Fire of the now famous Grass / Fire / Water base, I decided on Gyarados as he is not only an offensive threat but he provides me with safe switch-ins to pokemon like Heatran and Scizor. He also provides me with a ground immunity. Taunt to help break stall, Dragon Dance to set up on all the switches he causes, Stone Edge for Zapdos, other Gyarados and Dragonite and Waterfall for STAB.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

- Quick Attack
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower

I also knew that, after seeing I had Heatran and Gyarados, that Scizor makes a great teammate for them. This Scizor is pretty standard and I think everyone has used in their team at least once. Scizor is here to revenge kill the pokemon that Roserade can't and scout with U-Turn. I chose to use Quick Attack for pokemon like Jolteon and Kingdra who take more damage from it and can can pose a large threat to my team. I'm not using Pursuit because I found that even when I had it on I didn't use it much and so I decided to use a move that had some use. After testing it I decided to keep it as it has saved my bacon multiple times.

Rotom-W @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
252 HP / 100 Def / 100 Sp. Def / 56 Spe

- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Rotom provides my team with lots of handy resistances and immunities. He works great with my next pokemon by setting up screens for him and switching out. Discharge is for Gyarados (my two choice pokemon can have trouble revenge killing) and Hydro Pump is to hit common switch-ins like Heatran and Tyranitar. He's also my best switch-in to Machamp who can cause this team problems but Rotom can set up Reflect and switch out.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

- Substitute
- Dyanamicpunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

I love anti-lead Machamp. Want to know why? Because now people don't expect Machamp to be in any spot besides in the lead spot and they don't know how to deal with him in other cases. He makes a great mid-game threat for the opponent, usually coming in after Rotom switches out of something like Tyranitar. He subs up and my opponent has to sacrifice a pokemon almost every time. Payback is for ghosts who would otherwise switch in to Will-O-Wisp him and Stone Edge is for pokemon like Gyarados and Zapdos.

Let me know what you think.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Well I think your team lacks a bit of firepower and speed. You'll have a hard time switching against Jolteon, for example. Crocune also seens problematic to handle.
Anyway, considering you can setup the screens, you could, for example, change Gyarados set to a full offensive one, and Scizor to LO Swords Dance. Plus, I'd suggest scouting the opponent's team before exploding Heatran, since he is your only chance against CMJirachi (and he IS a huge gamebreaker, believe me).

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not many changes. f

firstly, consider changing heatran's nature to either naive or hasty. the reason being is because your current nature, timid, is hindering the damage dealt to opponents by explosion. if you really want to net koes against certain pokémon, and maximize the impact upon opponents, then maximizing heatran's exploding capabilities is the best way to go in my opinion.

secondly, consider changing rotom-w's ev spread. the main reason for why i say this is because you are very weak to swords dance + stone edge lucario which literally 6-0s you most of the time once it sets up on scizor. having a faster rotom-w means that you can revenge non-jolly nature lucarios if the aforementioned is its set.

lastly, consider changing rotom-w's discharge for thunderbolt. the reason is obvious here and that is because of the damage difference between the two moves. in all honesty, yes the 30% chance of paralysis being afflicted is attractive, but it's not exactly 100% where as the damage difference between the two moves is. it guarantees the ohko on non-wacan gyarados (whereas discharge can leave them living) and does more damage on lucario, and so on.

I'll switch Rotom's Discharge to thunderbolt and take a look at the EVs.

I'd also like to use this team on Wi-Fi, any replacements for Rotom that has dual screens, Electric resist and Ground resist? I was thinking Claydol.

I'll switch Rotom's Discharge to thunderbolt and take a look at the EVs.

I'd also like to use this team on Wi-Fi, any replacements for Rotom that has dual screens, Electric resist and Ground resist? I was thinking Claydol.
Well,How About Dusknoir,Claydol Or Zapdos.If You Want To Use Wifi,You Don't Need To Check On Rotom.So Gyarados And Scizor Won't Have Any Problems Sweeping.Magnezone Is Rarely Seen In Wifi Though.But Make Sure To Scout Opponent's Team First.

Dusknoir does not have levitate or screens. Zapdos does not have screens. Since you use diamond you can't even hack in the formes so there isn't really a good replacement. Claydol is the best you are getting if you need screens.

A problem i see with your team first is the use of Scarf Roserade because it doesnt really provide any solid revenge killing. Gengar is handled by Scizor to a good extent and +1 DDnite actually one shots your Roserade (117.9% - 138.9%) with E-speed making the purpose of Scarf kinda invaluable.. use the standard Roserade one with focus sash and toxic spikes over Shadow Ball. Removing the scarf gives you freedom to hit stuff switching in or sleep stuff or set up T-spikes. Poison can help wear down waters which this team has sorta big problems with vaporeon and suicune mainly.. (walls heatran, gyarados, and scizor to a good extent)

Pursuit > Quick attack on Scizor is a good direction to head to cause it allows you to trap starmie which can be another problematic poke, especially defensive ones. Losing Quick attack should be nothing since you have bulky gyra to deal with kingdra, heatran and scizor to force the outrage, and rotom to provide reflect support. Pursuit removes stuff like Gengar and Starmie so it can be worth it i think.

My last suggestion fixin ur weakness to DD Gyra and SD lucario. I think the only way to fix this is going for a defensive spread of 252 hp / 68 defense / 188 speed on TIMID Rotom-A. The speed lets you speed out Adamant Luc so you can set up reflect on it and weaken it with Thunderbolt. If lucario lacks Stone edge, Gyarados is a good check, if Lucario lacks Crunch then Rotom-A is a great check. I think Will-o-Wisp > Hydro pump is good too to weaken their attack stat so go for that. Hydro Pump is only for T-tar but it can escape pursuit with burn + reflect.

I hope my changes are fine and it will help your team !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)