I have noticed....

Are you against hacking??

• Total voters
Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against it. It's all ok for research, items, simple stuff like that. I just don't like the idea of people passing off hacked stuff as legit. Why would you want to trade if you can make it yourself? I have no problem with someone who hacks the crap out of something and lets the other person know about it. But without hacking, we wouldn't know about Wondertombs only weakness, and other stuff like that.
Uhhh, stupid question, but what IS wondetombs only weakness? Foresight + fight or what?

It's not the hacking that I'd be against. I think that's all fine, honestly. It's just when people lie and trade them as legit. It's not the hacking, it's the deceit. Even this I don't honestly care about anymore, since this is the age of cloning. Anyone who can hack can obviously make whatever they'd be trading for anyways, and anyone trading just has infinite clones. It appears as though neither gains or loses anything.

Depends. I won't do it myself, but I don't mind if someone hacks within legal limits, like, having all 31 IVs, getting more TMs, etc.
I'm obviously against using shit like Wonderguard Spiritomb, going over 510 EVs, using attacks they can't learn, etc, though. I don't see what fun people get out of playing like this...

If the purpose of this thread is to discuss what has been discussed previously in like... 5 other locked threads, there's no reason for the thread to be open as we're just having a circle jerk.

If this thread is to discuss the proliferation of hacked guys as "legit" in the wifi subforum, which is not what anyone's talking about ATM, that's a new discussion but not really something you can answer, especially since it's only an issue with a small handful of users therein.

I don't think there is a purpose to this thread aside from post++, unless someone has something new or interesting to add to the conversation at large (protip: you don't).

@Raikou - I think there was a major misinterpretation on both ends the first time we did this dance since clearly we're both very likeminded on this issue. The only difference is that I consider all code exploitation a form of hacking, albeit cloning as one hack that is generally accepted as beneficial to the community at large. And while I don't think it's fair that people who put in the time, etc to look down on people who Pokesav game-possible Pokemon when they use cloning for their trade thread, I do agree that people who trade hacks are fair game for verbal accosting, humiliation, and shenanigans.

For some reason, Fire Fang hits through Wonder Guard, even when a fire weak is absent. It gets through even when it's a legit non-Shedinja WG i.e. Trace Gardevoir/Porygon2. No idea why it gets through, but it does.

I don't mind hacking. People complain about it, but really, what's the difference if you fighting hacked pokemon on Wi-Fi or just using a battle simulator? It's all competitave battling.

Hacking is for people with a life who don't have time to breed and EV train. It also lets people get cool stuff for fun battles.

Hacking is clearly wrong and not what the game creators wanted you to do. Go ahead, hack all you want but don't try to act like hacking is in any way justified or that it isn't wrong. If you work hard to get your pokemon you come away with an important life lesson: something's value comes from hard work and your own sacrifices. If you just hack to get your pokemon you have learned nothing and defeated the purpose of the game. Bybassing hard work just to get something you want is wrong. EX: If you wanted to buy something and didn't have the money would you steal it? In real life there are consequences and you can't simply cheat. Hack all you want but just remeber you are doing yourself no good through it.

Edit: These topics are apparently way too controversial, we will never reach an agreement on this subject so what's the point of continuing a thread like this.

Er... I don't see how I'm harming myself at all if I decide I want to have a flying Pachirisu for the fun of it. I mean, sure, I'd get DQ'd (actually, I'd lose anyways) in a tournament if I used it, but the possession of it itself doesn't seem wrong to me in any way. It's all in good fun.

I never said you were harming yourself. You are just giving yourself instant gratification which is really no benefit to you. What I mean is sure you might be satisfied now, but you aren't looking at things in the long term. Knowing you worked hard for something is better than just instantly getting something. If all you care about is instant gratification than go ahead and hack all you want. That is just my opinion of course, you can belive otherwise if you want.

Well, you never mentioned that so how could I know? And bugging a computer programmer is much easier than breeding.

Haha, well. Honestly I think that messing around with things after I beat the game is just sort of fun + experimenting. Not to mention I don't own an AR or any sort of hacking/editing device, so everything I have was a "present" at one point or another.

Haha, well. Honestly I think that messing around with things after I beat the game is just sort of fun + experimenting. Not to mention I don't own an AR or any sort of hacking/editing device, so everything I have was a "present" at one point or another.
Okay, that's your opinion and I respect that. The argument of hacking vs. non-hacking is largely opinion based, that is why a thread about it never really moves along.

Yeah. I'm sort of in the "hack whatever you want but don't try to pass it off as real" crowd. Which, honestly, we're just such friendly and tolerant folks that no one usually has problems with us. =D

If its for battling, trading or breeding then I don't like it, if its for personal use and you want to take on the E4 with a Boltbeam Raticate then be my guest.

There are a few grey areas I'm not decided on like lowering IVs to get the right Hidden Power, but stuff like resetting EVs to zero is totally fine IMO, as its something you can do ingame with minimal effort.

Well this is a common topic, I'm not against Hacking unless they are hacking things beyond the limit of the game like pokemons with 255 EPs in every stats, Spiritomb with Wonderguard , or pokemons with illegal moves, etc... There are people (some of my friends too) who don't have time to breed their own pokemons it doesn't mean they are lazy, they have better things to do but they like pokemon since RBY and they are truly pokemon fans of the competitive battles and the anime serie. I know we have Shoddy battle these days in order to test our teams before trying to breed them in our games, but not all the people like to play in shoddy battle, so they hack in order to play pokemon in a competitive way and the free time factor shoudn't be the main thing that determinates who the better trainers are, I'm breeding my pokemons just because i like to play that way that's all.

I think there's not going to be an absolute decision about this, everybody has their own opinions, I just know that when you got a good pokemon with godly Iv's after 3 days or 1 week or even after 1 month of breeding it feels so good and also it feels better when you defeat Hacked/Perfect pokemons with your own legit Pokemons, there is no code for that in AR or Shark or any other Hacking device, it's something that makes your legal Pokemon so special ( and it's even better when those pokemons are the ones you breed personally, looking at your little partners with your ID on them it's just awesome ).

In other words, hacking or not hacking it's up to you. Good night gentlemen.

PD: Of course there are somethings that are wrong like trading Hacks in order to get legit pokemons, i just forgot to mention that before.

What if they ARE hacking Pokemon with illegal movesets? What if two people decide to let their wonderguard Spiritomb duke it out with Foresight + DynamicPunch (No guard) Togekiss? I mean, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. What if I decide I want to use Dragon Dance Marshtomp ingame? Or to have my, say, Furret, be my flyer?

Obviously competitively anyone who does anything "illegal" ingame gets disqualified anyways, so you can also argue that if I want to get DQ'd because I feel like using Flare Blitz Magikarp with Lucario stats, then why not? I mean, is that amoral? I think that's probably the neatest kind of hacking. The "just because." Not for competition, not for any of this "I don't have time" stuff, but just for fooling around for fun. You know, games.. fun. I guess it's hard to see the link. But as long as people are honest with what they do and don't try and pass off hacked things as real, in my opinion they can do WHATEVER they want, ingame-legal or not.

To finally get my Silver card, I hacked Rock Head Aerodactyl and Sneasel with recoil moves.
And I hacked two Ditto to breed a Magikarp I've since deleted. That's about it.

If GameFreak had intended for people to create perfect pokemon, they would've put an option at the beginning of the game to allow it.
If you think about it, they technically did. Its called the Pokemon Day-Care, although it isn't at the start of the game. Also, that isn't a very good argument. Unless of course you are referencing 252-All-Stat-EV pokemon, Wondertomb, and so forth in which case we are in agreement methinks.

What I am against - Breaking the limits of the game through a method which creates results unattainable through other methods.
What I am not against - Expediting a normally tedious process through a method whose results do not break the limits of the game and are obtainable through normal methods.

Wording may be a little iffy but thats basically it.

And the process really is tedious, especially when you want to try out a large variety of pokemon with different movesets like I do. And please, don't tell me to go to Shoddy. I know it exists and have tried it, but I don't prefer it to the DS wi-fi for several reasons, and in some sense there isn't much difference between it and Wi-Fi. I do use it occasionally still when the Nintendo Wi-Fi network isn't available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)