I have school in a couple hours so I need time to kill.

Ok I made a new team today and I thought it was pretty awesome so I like totally wanted to post it and get some help with a few problems. This team is for The Standard Metagame.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability - Levitate
EVs - 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Nature - Sassy
~ Hypnosis
~ Reflect
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball

My leading Pokemon as well as the most used lead on Shoddy these days. Bronzong is one of the best leading Pokemon ever. Sleep a Pokemon, set up Stealth Rock, and even support the team with Reflect.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability - Serene Grace
EVs - 252 HP / 192 Spe / 64 SpD
Nature - Calm
~ Air Slash
~ Batton Pass
~ Nasty Plot
~ Roost

Ok this is the girl that is going to help out my favorite Pokemon of Diamond and Pearl. She sets up a Nasty Plot and passes it on she can also hit a few Pokemon hard for a turn.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability - Sturdy
EVs - 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
Nature - Impish
~ Ice Shard
~ Rapid Spin
~ Roar
~ Earthquake

The physical wall of the team also my rapid spiner. I would use Hippowdon, but the sandstorm would screw with my team. Anyway Donphan is here to protect the team from those annoying trap moves Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or Stealth Rock. Roar is here cause it works great with Bronzong's Stealth Rock setup and it keeps things from attempting to make a setup. Ice Shard of course is obivously for Dragon type Pokemon.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability - Intimidate
EVs - 252 Atk / 184 Spe / 72 HP
Nature - Adamant
~ Dragon Dance
~ Ice Fang
~ Earthquake
~ Waterfall

One of the greatest physical sweepers in Pokemon history this giant shrimp right here has come a long way from its days in Red, Blue, and Yellow. Well today Gyarados brought me out of a battle being able to set up 6 Dragon Dances and outpredicting my opponent who tried to Suckerpunch me with Choice Band Dugtrio. Well the 3 attacks here all work nice together since nothing resist Ice, Ground, and Water expect Shedinja and Surskit who you won't be seeing much anyway.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability - Inner Focus
EVs - 252 SpA / 204 Spe / 52 HP
Nature - Modest
~ Agility
~ Aura Sphere
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Dark Pulse

A lot of people forget Lucario can use Agility and with this EV Spread he will be outrunning the standard Choice Scarf Garchomp after one Agility. Hidden Power Ice right here will let me hit a some Pokemon that really would bother a lot of the team such as the Dragons, Gliscor, and Zapdos. Dark Pulse is to take on Cresselia, Dusknoir, and Gengar. And who can forget Lucario's signature move Aura Sphere which will hit so many things.

Cresselia @ Burn Orb
Ability - Levitate
EVs - 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Def
Nature - Calm
~ Psycho Shift
~ Ice Beam
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

I love Psycho Shifting Cresselia she is totally awesome burning the opponents Pokemon (Not named Heracross.) is always fun. When using Sleep Talk on Rest turns its always nice Psycho Shifting sleep status which does not go against Sleep Clause since it was random and thats something Shoddy Battle needs to really fix.

I really like this team, looks really solid. The only thing I can see right now is that you don't really have a definite answer to Blissey. If you replaced Reflect with Explosion on your Bronzong you'd be better off. Your team wouldn't miss reflect too much seeing as Donphan & Cresselia do just fine, in addition you have Gyarados' intimidate. I would definitely prepare your team for Blissey though.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of not wanting Heracross in Cresselia, guess who has a major problem with Heracross?

None of your walls are sturdy enough to keep switching into Heracross, especially since Gyara is so offensively geared that it's not going to enjoy if they decide to Stone Edge you. Remove Donphan. Spikes/TSpikes isn't going to bother you much since most of them fly/levitate and have a healing move. I recommend using Gliscor instead, who STILL covers CB/DDTar, and Heracross and other fighters to boot. Since Heatran might pose a problem, I'd probably EV it so it outspeeds nonscarf Heatran.

Rather than Psychoshift (...) you should try using Charge Beam so Cresselia can also deal with Gyarados, since you have no other safe switch ins. Use Leftovers, it will make Cresselia very happy.

The first thing I noticed was that Bronzong's spread was very peculiar. Max / Half / Half spreads very seldom work, and for Bronzong, as one of your main walls, maximizing your EV potential is absolutely crucial. The thing that gives me a small problem is the big amount of attack EVs on it. You are only running Gyro Ball, which will 2HKO Weavile with no Attack EVs, while it can only hope to do the same to Bronzong.

I think you should focus a bit on Physical defense, as you have Cresselia as a great Special wall, with Gyarados and Togekiss with respectable SDef as well. You may argue that you have a Physical Wall in Donphan, but the majority of your team takes Special Hits better, even Lucario in ome cases.

Tangerine already mentioned your Heracross weakness, so allow me to second the suggestion of Gliscor against Donphan. Taunt is an option on Gliscor which allows you to stop Stat uppers, Baton Passers, Wish Passers, and a load of other things. Knock Off is particularly helpful when dealing with walls that attempt to outstall you, and choice users.

Your Gyarados and Lucario are fine, but I would MUCH, much rather have you run Wish on Togekiss. If I recall correctly, Togekiss can learn Wish. Correct me if I am wrong on this one, though. Wish will help Bronzong and Gyarados last longer, giving you a big edge in battle. Also, if you run Nasty Plot, Lucario will be the only decent recipient, and that same Pokemon has to set up itself for a better sweep.

Psycho Shift Cresselia being more useful than the standard Cresselia is incredibly situational, and things with Guts will thank you, and proceed to rape your team. Rest Talk Cresselia is fine, but never, never try to mix two major sets. Stick with either the standard or the Rest Talker, but I do not recommend the Calm Minder. I hope I helped.

Rather than Psychoshift (...) you should try using Charge Beam so Cresselia can also deal with Gyarados, since you have no other safe switch ins. Use Leftovers, it will make Cresselia very happy.
I'm not quite sure why people seem to dislike this Cress. In plays alot better then it looks. Hell, Myth Trainer Infinity did very well with this Cress on the ladder a while ago (Although, he used different Evs). The trick is to not psycho shift right away, as to scout for guts pokemon.

I'd agree on putting Gliscor over Donphan to fix the Hera weakness.

In order to help with the Gyrados problem, as I don't like the SLeep Talk/ Rest/ Ice Beam/ Charge Beam set as it is just setup fodder, I'd recommend tinkering with Bronzong's Evs to be more physically defensivly orientated and give it HP Elec over reflect to help deal with Gyarados. Also, give it 1 Speed IV to outspeed other Bronzongs.

I'm not sure I think BP to Lucario is a good idea, as Lucario is so frail it may not survive the switchin! To that end, I would make Togekiss a Flinch abuser as that gives you a decent way to deal with Bliss. You could also try a choice scarf version which would give your team a speed revenge killer, which is always handy to have.

Just something to mention, DD Tar with LO and Ice Beam could give you tons of problems. If you use Brozong wisely, he may be able to stop it though with Hypnosis. Also, if you decide to use Scarfkiss, she can also help stop it with Aura Sphere (Whchi may or may OHKO Tar, I haven't done the calcs ^_^;;). However, if Tar is used late game you could be in for some trouble. Hairyama would be a great way to fix that weak as you would still have something to deal wtih Bliss and the big guy is a great TTar counter. However, that would then make your team weaker to special attacks. It's your choice really.

I assumed this was a shoddy battle team, so some of may suggestions would be hard to pull off in wifi.

Hopefully that helped!

Today I was thinking the same thing about this team on having Gliscor over Dophan cause what would I get rid of besides Stealth Rock thanks for the help people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)