I hit Stone Edge 8 times in a row

Stone RG

Megas are broke
I Hit Stone Edge 8 Times in a row:
Whats up Smogon Community, I am presenting you my first RMT, but first, since I need a freaking introduction, this is: I started playing competitive pokemon before last year’s Christmas, I learned for almost a year from good youtube battlers like shofu, pokeaimmd, or wilechase. Without any further ado lets go into the team (I could do the teambuilding process but it’s WAY too large, this team took me 2 months).
The Weather: Sand
Why: personally, I am a very defensive person when it comes to playing pokemon, if my boy Ripamon is watching this, he knows my last alt, T-tarIsBroken, used a rain stall team with 5 protects that took me to the firs 50 on smogon, and first 10 on PO (lol it only lasted me 2 days). Then I started using sand because I wanted to test a personal favorite of mine: CB Terrakion and the ladder became hell to me, starting from a very offensive team, then bulky offense, semi-stall (lol), and to what this team has come, sort of Volt-Turn (yeah spoilers I run volt-turn) to use it so terra can punch more and more holes in the opponents team. Once you see the team you may think it is very standard without anything special, but look at the sets and you’ll change your mind.
The team:

The Boss (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)​
- Stealth Rock: indispensable on any competitive team, and with all the dragonites in the meta, I need this to cripple them.
- Superpower: generally just used to hit heatran, less than 50% ferrothorn, and terrakion in case it tries to set up on me, or just on the switch.
- Crunch: STAB move, 80 bp and a nice added effect, nothing much to say here.
- Pursuit: lati@s just screw with my team big time if I didn’t have this, starmie also, but I don’t know why, every time I use pursuit they stay in, every time I crunch they switch.
Why this pokemon: i wanted sand, who is there better than ttar to bring it? (some of u may say hippo but I think it depends on your team) this big guy has 3 main purposes: 1. Bring sand (which is not entirely necessary, but lando and terra can use quite nicely). 2. Set up rocks 3. Trap the lati twins. I must say I tried a lot of sets for t-tar, the mixed attacker and the sub punch, and until I went to this set which is just perfect for my team. I just gave him 72 attk EVs so it’s a sure 2hko on max hp latias with pursuit as well as 2HKO on offensive politoed with crunch.

Terminator (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Bullet Punch: the perfect revenge killer, that’s what this move makes scizor.
- U-turn: scouting is extremely helpful to my team, and a lot of people forget this move does pack a punch.
- Superpower: I rarely ever use this move, but I need it for the perfect coverage that it gives me, also this lets me KO some SD scizors which otherwise sweep me.
- Quick Attack: just for water types, like gyarados or starmie. And pursuit is just saying terrakion ‘hey come and spam Close Combat’.

Why this pokemon: this sits very near of the 30% in OU usage, and it has it well deserved, it represents 1/3 of my volt turn strategy and it revenge kills almost every sweeper after some prior damage. A curious fact is that I never switched this guys set in the entire teambuilding process, being the only one. The 4 Speed EVs are there for 2 reasons: 1. getting out sped by other CB scizor so I can u-turn after them. 2. Out speed Bulky SD scizors.

SC-rotom (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)​
- Hydro Pump: absolutely necessary, since I need a nice STAB move that would make some good damage, in rain this shit does beast damage
- Volt Switch: the other side of my volt-turn strategy, ground types not named gastrodon or quagsire won’t be switching into rotom too much so why not spam it?
- Rest: if I could see your faces right now, this move makes rotom a permanent pain in the ass on my opponent’s team, and it is ridiculously underrated.
- Hidden Power [Fire: I needed this to stop scizor cold, as well as getting a lot of grass types in the switch; thanks to this I have almost perfect coverage also.
Why this pokemon: its great Game[idiots]Freak changed all the rotom-A’s typing, that way we got one of the best dual typings in OU in history, it is scizor’s partner in crime and my best bet at taking gliscor and rain down. Just as ttar I tried a lot of sets until I saw the chesto-resto set fitted perfectly.

Its Fine (Landorus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)​
- Earthquake: This move reaches ridicoulus points of damage with STAB, sand force and 125 base attk, I needed it to just hit steels with something.
- Stone Edge: the fucking worse move in the game, oh the title mislead u? well I miss 8 times in a row, not hit.
- Hidden Power [Ice]: revenge killing dragons and hitting gliscor on the switch, no other use.
- U-turn: usually I just spam this move, since this guy is my main answer to celebi and this lets me scout.
Why this pokemon: if garchomp is trolly, I don’t know what this thing is, 101 base speed? Really? Arguably the best scarfer in the game due to this. However I like the Expert Belt set much more, but Latios fitted much more as a bluffer than Lando (also, please don’t tell me to use Lando-t, it sucks).

Neo (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Draco Meteor: although it is incredibly powerful, I use it only for opposing dragons, still a great STAB nonetheless.
- Hidden Power [Fire]: I had to hit steels with something, right? I love how scizors try to pursuit trap me only to taste a 4x SE hit to the face.
- Energy Ball: tell me noob, scrub or whatever but this thing hasn’t ever disappointed me. If any gastro comes to wall me, they just seal their doom by comin in.
- Surf: generally my only victims with this are rock and fire types (namely terrakion and heatran).
Why this pokemon: so we finally come to the sweepers, this thing acts as my gastro lure and it hits half the meta supereffectively. I have plenty of ways to deal with tyranitar, and switch-in to him can be seen from miles away.

BigBlkNigga (Terrakion) @ Life Orb/Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)​
- Stone Edge: the first half of my near perfect dual STAB, its strange but this move never misses with terrakion.
- Close Combat: holy shit, terrakion 101: close combat spam. I just cant say how powerful this thing is, and don’t make me talk after he gets an SD boost.
- Swords Dance: terrakion is on steroids behind a sub, oh my lord do u know how much atk I get after using this move? 714. Skarm gets OHKO’d by CC, multisclae dnite gets OHKOD by SE.
- Substitute: just usable in predictable switches, its extemely easy to use this move in terrakion though, since it causes WAY too many switches. Also it appreciates the Sp Def boost by sand.

Why this pokemon: if rhyperior and ninjask had a baby this would be it, elite speed, near perfect dual STAB, mind-blowing attack. This set is very flexible, since I can put the CB or, a personal favorite, the protect set. I ended up putting the Sub SD due to the utter destruction it brings if it gets the sub up. One of the main reasons I am posting this team is so you guys help me choose: Life Orb or Rock Gem? You know the benefits from both.

Threat list:

Tornadus-T: By far my worst enemy, I have no save switch but rotom, who will get eventually brought down even though it has rest.

There are other threats I need to watch out for, like Sub CM Keldeo or Techni Loom. But they are fairly easy in comparison with the new Tornadus.

Conclusion:

Thank u guys for reading, I definitely need to work on this team more since the release of BW 2, but if u can help me dealing with tornadus t ill be fine.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there, that is a really solid team you got there. Your Tornadus-T can be solved if you change Rotom-W´s EVs to a more defensive approach. I made for you a custom EV set that allows Rotom-W to tank Tornadus-T´s Hurricane all day long: 252 HP / 112 Sp.Def / 144 Speed with a Calm nature. With he set I made, Specs Tornadus-T does 33,22% - 39,14% to Rotom-W meaning that Rotom-W will never be 2HKO´d by such move and Rest will help you to recover your HP back, although this might only work once. I believe that you could do better with Pain Split + Will-o-Wisp, as your team will handle with more ease a burned Techniloom, and imo Pain Split recover is more reliable as Tornadus-T has Regenerator and even with SR on the field he still haves a lot of chances to come while ChestoRest will only work once. I guess that is a matter of preference.

On Terrakion, use a Rock Gem because with the boost on Stone Edge, a +2 Terrakion will be able to always OHKO Gliscor cleanly and Slowbro after SR. To add more, it can also let you bluff a Choice item where you can spam situationally Close Combat and fool the oponent. Good luck and I hope this rate helps you out.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Oh... nice team my pupil...Your are becoming better everyday :D

By far you worst enemy is Tornadus-T, you have no save switch but rotom, who will get eventually brought down even though it has rest.

Slowbro also could make problems here, you just have to be careful about him.

Nice RMT!

On Terrakion, use a Rock Gem because with the boost on Stone Edge, a +2 Terrakion will be able to always OHKO Gliscor cleanly and Slowbro after SR. To add more, it can also let you bluff a Choice item where you can spam situationally Close Combat and fool the oponent. Good luck and I hope this rate helps you out.
@Stone RG

Take this suggestion, as life orb makes Terra lose too much HP. (subtitute + LO is not a nice combination for me)

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Guys:

1. Motagua: ill try out the rotom set, it seems quite appealing since rotom is not meant to sweep, but more to be a pain in the ass as i said, though i think ill stick to chesto rest since it helps me bluff a scarf.
2. LilOu: if u ever call me pupil again ill murder your family, i beat u every time we battle XD.
3. I fucked when making the team and put accidentaly Dreamworld, so i cant change that which btw sucks.

Nice team !

Rain may be a problem for you, but then again so is every weather war for a weather side. Mamo may be a problem for you, that dang Ice Shard can hurt a lot on your side, but you have Scizor to completely wreck him.

Honestly I can't see anything bar Tornadus-T being a pain. The worst case if you match against a rain team with a Bulky Scizor & Volcarona, and a spinner. Together these can hit your team pretty hard, Landorous can easily Revenge kill Volcarona, that's if the moth stays in. Otherwise the Bug STAB, Fire STAB & Hurricane is going to cause mischief. Rain will protect opposing bulky scizor from HP fire, but a more powerful, STAB Fire Blast from Volcarona in rain is going to OKHO your Scizor. Scizor's BP & Bug stab also is going to be hell, it puts a lot of pressure on your side from just 2 pokes.

But that's all situational, and I'm sure you;d be able to play around it easily, as rain makes Rotom-W Hit like a truck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)