I invented evolution and shit lololol [OU]

I really like the creativity and the non-conformity to standard sets for members to perform their jobs more effectively. The only nitpick I have so far (kind of late, I'll check this again when I'm more awake) is U-turn on Celebi. Is there some significance for having this? I guess it could be useful against T-tar, but why not just stay in and leaf storm it instead? Maybe I underestimate T-tar, but this is what I did when I used Celebi with the Tinkerbell set. Not really sure though what should be replacing it if it was to be replaced, maybe earth power for coverage or T-wave for support.

I like this team a lot, you seem to have almost everything covered but I did notice one thing that can potentially be a huge problem: Agilitygross. It can easily set up on Jirachi locked into Iron Head or Scizor locked into Bullet Punch or Pursuit, and pretty much destroy your entire team, you say that Gyarados handles it on your threat list but Agilitygross usually carries Thunderpunch so that's a no go, the only thing you can really do to stop it sweeping your entire team is to trick it with Jirachi so it's locked into Earthquake then go to Celebi or Gyarados. I can't really think of much you can do to fix this because I don't want to ruin this team's good synergy, maybe try a more defensive Celebi or replace Jirachi with Swampert though that'll likely slow down the team's offensive pace which might hinder your team more than help it.

That's all I could find, looks like a great team otherwise.

I really like the creativity and the non-conformity to standard sets for members to perform their jobs more effectively. The only nitpick I have so far (kind of late, I'll check this again when I'm more awake) is U-turn on Celebi. Is there some significance for having this? I guess it could be useful against T-tar, but why not just stay in and leaf storm it instead? Maybe I underestimate T-tar, but this is what I did when I used Celebi with the Tinkerbell set. Not really sure though what should be replacing it if it was to be replaced, maybe earth power for coverage or T-wave for support.
I had u-turn on celebi merely as a mistake from using the same offensive celebi set without switching moves from another team of mine. Now that I think of it, I'm going to switch it to t-wave to help a bit with the agiligross problem we have on the team.

Hello Charles Darwin.

First off I suggest changing Infernape's nature to Jolly as it needs the Speed to outspeed certain threats such as max Speed Celebi and Jirachi.

As you stated, Gyarados is quite a troublesome threat as one utilizing Bounce can potentially sweep you. Although you did state you used a Rotom-c and did not like it, I believe it could patch up a few weaknesses. A Choice Scarf set seems plausible because it can outspeed Gyarados after one Dragon Dance as well as check Agility Metagross. The main reason why I chose the Choice Scarf set is because Suicune can be quite a problem due to the fact Celebi was removed, so Trick can help cripple unsuspecting Suicune. With Trick you are also able to revenge kill Starmie and Lucario.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or bulkier spread
Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Overheat / Trick

Hope I helped!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you have trouble with other Infernape? It kind of seems like Mix Apes can cause you some trouble assuming that SR is in play. I'll admit that Gyarados is a solid check once or twice if they mispredict..but after that you're really in trouble. Giving Gyarados a RestTalk set with Waterfall + Roar/Stone Edge/Earthquake could help check Infernape, as well as other threats and it would even increase the amount of time Gyarados can participate in battle with rest recovering and sleep talk making it not completely vulnerable while sleeping. The second move is really up to personal preference, roar if you want a phazer and to SR shuffle, Earthquake or Stone Edge just depending on who you'd rather score damage on. Your team really looks good and this is just a minor nitpick. A bulkier Gyarados could help you out with Tyranitar, Stone Edge is a 2hko (iirc) and you outspeed so you can kill it, force a switch, or at the very worst damage it and have another mon revenge.

Well that's just my 2 cents, I just ask you take it into consideration. Hope I helped.

Hello Charles Darwin.

First off I suggest changing Infernape's nature to Jolly as it needs the Speed to outspeed certain threats such as max Speed Celebi and Jirachi.

As you stated, Gyarados is quite a troublesome threat as one utilizing Bounce can potentially sweep you. Although you did state you used a Rotom-c and did not like it, I believe it could patch up a few weaknesses. A Choice Scarf set seems plausible because it can outspeed Gyarados after one Dragon Dance as well as check Agility Metagross. The main reason why I chose the Choice Scarf set is because Suicune can be quite a problem due to the fact Celebi was removed, so Trick can help cripple unsuspecting Suicune. With Trick you are also able to revenge kill Starmie and Lucario.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or bulkier spread
Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Overheat / Trick

Hope I helped!
We had discussed whether or not to use rotom actually. I argued that rotom can perform many of the same tasks while helping our synergy and big fire weakness. I actually said I was going to test the team with some form of rotom, guess I forgot. Thanks for the suggestion, we'll test it soon.

SoT said:
Do you have trouble with other Infernape? It kind of seems like Mix Apes can cause you some trouble assuming that SR is in play. I'll admit that Gyarados is a solid check once or twice if they mispredict..but after that you're really in trouble. Giving Gyarados a RestTalk set with Waterfall + Roar/Stone Edge/Earthquake could help check Infernape, as well as other threats and it would even increase the amount of time Gyarados can participate in battle with rest recovering and sleep talk making it not completely vulnerable while sleeping. The second move is really up to personal preference, roar if you want a phazer and to SR shuffle, Earthquake or Stone Edge just depending on who you'd rather score damage on. Your team really looks good and this is just a minor nitpick. A bulkier Gyarados could help you out with Tyranitar, Stone Edge is a 2hko (iirc) and you outspeed so you can kill it, force a switch, or at the very worst damage it and have another mon revenge.

Well that's just my 2 cents, I just ask you take it into consideration. Hope I helped.
If gyarados was down or something, infernape usually could have been revenged by STAB priority moves. I will admit gyarados would benefit from some form of recovery. We rely on it to check/counter many threats and it's difficult for it to sometimes to take repeated assaults. However, what kept us away from it was its redundancy with snorlax. We also needed it to hit quite a few pokes which can only be achieved through multiple attacking moves. Anyways, I'll discuss how much we benefit with charles.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

We have been testing things such as rotom and jolly on nape. For some reason we are seeing a significant loss in power, especially when we sometimes use him as a bit of a revenge killer. Jolly would allow us to outpace max +speed nature base 100's and 95's, however not many pokes around that area actually run max speed. Pokes such as flygon, jirachi and celebi are not often found running extensive speed EV's and +speed nature, and if they do there are usuallly scarfed. Other pokes such as salamence, well we don't really stand a chance against in the first place and we would have to switch out. However, we'll be running calcs to see how much adamant really makes a difference.

The change from u-turn to t-wave was made. As stated before, gyara would gain good survivability with resttalk but it's redundant with snorlax and we find gyara's covereage at the moment too useful. Thanks to it's relative unpredictability, good defenses, typing and intimidate, we counter and check a shitload of threats with it's great coverage. Choice scarf rotom is meh atm with so many damn scarftar's running loose lately, and celebi is also used for handle an amount of threats such as gyarados. It keeps offense and survivability. We're also not fans of more than 2 choice users on a team.

Regardless, I am continuing to test resttalk gyara and jolly nape. We would love to hear more opinions on these matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)